Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 10:27 PM

4,326 posts, read 1,260,756 times

Advertisements

I've seen some nice houses while driving on I-15 recently and it seems like a safe and quiet area, but what do locals think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 02:28 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,071,283 times
It's a normal, safe, middle class area. Personally I think it's past its prime and will likely be on a slow decline for the forseeable future.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:24 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,445,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post
It's a normal, safe, middle class area. Personally I think it's past its prime and will likely be on a slow decline for the forseeable future.
From my visits there, it seems inferior to Henderson's Anthem, which everyone clearly prefers. The decline will probably start within the next 5-10 years.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:19 PM

84 posts, read 92,663 times
I currently moved there 3 weeks ago and renting an apartment. Just yesterday I signed a contract on a house in the same area. I haven't seen any problems and it's 5 mins from South Point.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:41 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,071,283 times
I agree.

The typical decline of any Las Vegas neighborhood seems to be:

1) Starts out nice - primarily homes purchased by owner occupants.
2) Neighborhood transitions to more and more rental stock.
3) Multiple families move into rental homes (especially in areas with large 3,000+sf homes)
4) Lines of cars parked on the street as homes were never designed to accommodate multiple families.

HOAs can slow the decline.

I drive into any neighborhood and get an immediate idea of the state of things by the amount of on street parking available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
From my visits there, it seems inferior to Henderson's Anthem, which everyone clearly prefers. The decline will probably start within the next 5-10 years.

Old 05-18-2016, 01:21 AM

529 posts, read 512,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post
I agree.

The typical decline of any Las Vegas neighborhood seems to be:

1) Starts out nice - primarily homes purchased by owner occupants.
2) Neighborhood transitions to more and more rental stock.
3) Multiple families move into rental homes (especially in areas with large 3,000+sf homes)
4) Lines of cars parked on the street as homes were never designed to accommodate multiple families.

HOAs can slow the decline.

I drive into any neighborhood and get an immediate idea of the state of things by the amount of on street parking available.
The cars parked on the street drives me nuts. Some of our homes that became rentals after the bust draw four or five cars. HOA can't do anything about it because it is public road.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:32 AM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times
We looking to buy in either Silverado Ranch or Anthem. I would like to stay in the eastern part of Silverado Ranch if possible.

From what I've seen you get more house for your money there than in Anthem, but I suppose there is a reason for that. Anthem is nice, too, and really, either area would be fine if we find the right house.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:26 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,666,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LasVegasPlayer View Post
The cars parked on the street drives me nuts. Some of our homes that became rentals after the bust draw four or five cars. HOA can't do anything about it because it is public road.
Well...don't live in a major city if that is the case.

There are complety legitimate reasons to have 5 cars.
Example- a household with 3 teen drivers and two adults.

Sorry but I think it's a bit ridiculous when people think they should be able to control parking on public streets. I HATE that one of my neighbors has a frequent guest who always parks right on the edge of my drive because I have to be extremely careful backing out but they have every right to park there.

Good grief...I'm thankful to be busy enough not to worry about people with multiple cars who park on the street.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:09 AM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times
Just curious -- is it legal to park a vehicle overnight on a side street in Henderson? In my town in Illinois overnight parking is strictly prohibited unless you call and let the cops know.

I tried to do a search in this and could not find anything on Henderson parking restrictions. But I did find the sex offender registry. LOL.

Old 05-18-2016, 12:10 PM

529 posts, read 512,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
Well...don't live in a major city if that is the case.

There are complety legitimate reasons to have 5 cars.
Example- a household with 3 teen drivers and two adults.

Sorry but I think it's a bit ridiculous when people think they should be able to control parking on public streets. I HATE that one of my neighbors has a frequent guest who always parks right on the edge of my drive because I have to be extremely careful backing out but they have every right to park there.

Good grief...I'm thankful to be busy enough not to worry about people with multiple cars who park on the street.
It looking trashy is just one issue.

I find it a safety concern when there are so many cars parked on the streets that people park in intersections , in front of fire hydrants and obstruct views of homes, especially those that are not their own. I guess you don't care about such things.

Last edited by LasVegasPlayer; 05-18-2016 at 12:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: