Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 11:49 AM

698 posts, read 985,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Practical LTN View Post
Hi.

I'm looking for nice, clean subdivisions in the valley that actually ENFORCE the rules and not just take your money for landscaping. My biggest pet peeves are: cars parked in street, basketball hoops in the street with teens screaming and cursing all day and night, and dogs left out all day and night to bark and terrorize neighbors and people/nurses who worked all night.

We have kids too but our kids respect others and don't set foot on others property, and they don't block cars trying to pass down the street. Likewise, we don't have a dog because we don't have the time to give them. Dogs are social animals, but some get dogs and leave them out in the heat, and they bark all day because of separation anxiety and/or neglect. Dogs shouldn't be the other neighbors problem, and everybody has a right to the peaceful enjoyment of their property.

As far as cars, RVs, hoops, and boats in the streets, all these unsightly objects lower property values and make the neighborhood look like garbage. That's a fact.

Hence, realtors, property managers, and those who know, please let me know which neighborhoods are best for keeping things nice and maintaining the value/enforcing rules that benefit everybody. Feel free to PM if you are afraid to get attacked.

I assume those with armed guards and roving security patrols are better but please let me know before I make another mistake. I went to Anthem once and it seemed quiet and nice but I was only there for a few minutes. My own neighborhood seemed nice at first but turned into Hell after a few months.

Thanks
You described my neighborhood pretty much to a T. Small gated community (18 homes), as luck would have it there are two houses for sale. PM me if you want the info on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 12:03 PM

553 posts, read 1,208,205 times
Much of Spanish Trail fits the bill. On street parking is permitted but restricted in every subdivision. The community is not age restricted but the population is older; so not that many kids are around. Overall, it is an extremely quiet community. The smaller homes start at around $200k I think.

Old 06-21-2016, 12:15 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,225,992 times
If you dont want to have property rights or allow others to have them either, then just rent a condo in a high rise.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:29 PM

15,822 posts, read 14,463,105 times
There is nothing he wants that is out of the range of control of an HOA. The board just has to want to run it that way, and do the work necessary. There are a lot of people who want both single family detached houses, but have a community with well respected rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post
If you dont want to have property rights or allow others to have them either, then just rent a condo in a high rise.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:00 PM

413 posts, read 1,588,322 times
Quote:
Your enjoyment of your property rights stops when it infringes upon my peaceful enjoyment of my property.

Old 06-21-2016, 03:14 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,225,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
There is nothing he wants that is out of the range of control of an HOA. The board just has to want to run it that way, and do the work necessary. There are a lot of people who want both single family detached houses, but have a community with well respected rules.
I know. And there are some places like that. Ive even lived in places like that by choice. But never again. They tend to be full of closed minded, lonely, fearful people who enjoy nothing more than hurting others in their quest for their own totalitarian beliefs.

Old 06-21-2016, 04:55 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
In the early years in my neighborhood, the Vice president of the board worked from home and he would get on his bicycle with his camera and get everyone for the stupidest violations: Trash cans not fully shut on trash day. Weeds in the backyard growing thru the rocks more than an inch high. Garage accidentally left open overnight. Curtains/blinds not showing white towards the street. A bike left by a garage. Loading and unloading of cars that took longer than 15 minutes. And other stupid things.

He is long gone. HOA is much more lenient these days.
And they take care of issues in a timely manner. They will do something if a dog is barking all day long driving someone mad. No on street parking, but some still do it. You see the tow truck towing their cars at night. No hoops allowed on the streets, but there are some in the cul de sac area's, although they are not allowed per the HOA rules.

Old 06-21-2016, 05:21 PM

413 posts, read 1,588,322 times
IMHO, the latter is the right way to run an HOA. People have to live and being overly restrictive makes no sense. I've lived in co-ops is NY where you couldn't tighten your doorknob with out someone looking over your shoulder. My only beef with our current HOA is that getting them to take care of things that need taking care of.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:40 PM

15,822 posts, read 14,463,105 times
With an HOA, that's always a possibility. The flip side is, they may also keep the place from going to hell in a handbasket (which is also always a possibility.)

It's a fine line...

Quote:
I know. And there are some places like that. Ive even lived in places like that by choice. But never again. They tend to be full of closed minded, lonely, fearful people who enjoy nothing more than hurting others in their quest for their own totalitarian beliefs.

Old 06-21-2016, 11:28 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas taco View Post
well i am glad we arent neighbors as we have a lush front and backyard
You're a super-hero in my eyes! Keep that grass green!

For everyone that keeps a lush green lawn in this city, that will prevent X number of unneeded houses to be built in the Valley! Only so much water to go around!

Thus, I can understand why EA is opposed to grass, as he's in construction!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: