Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2016, 08:02 PM

35 posts, read 39,410 times

Advertisements

Anyone live at Avalon at Seven Hills? I've been here 2.5 years and up until last month, I had seen the cops here only one time. In the past month, I've seen them here 5 times and not just one cop at a time ... SEVERAL and in different locations so it can't be one bad tenant.

I just got home and there are 6 Henderson SUV's here. When 6 cops are dispatched, it's serious ... most likely guns involved.

As the police presence continues to rise, management continues to raise rents ... bad combo for tenants ... I'm at $1,155.00 for a two bedroom.

I heard there is new management here ... I don't know if it's them renting to losers or what but I have noticed the quality of people (what appears to be quality) has certainly diminished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2016, 08:17 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,671,817 times
Clark County Nevada Live Audio Feeds

Police scanner.

I don't tune in to Henderson so I can't comment on the crime.

I really like Seven Hills though.

Old 06-22-2016, 10:48 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,589,552 times
I recently added a free app on iphone called spotcrime. It has dispatched calls for service for whatever area you live in. We are in Seven Hills Anthem area. The data is very up to date and fairly detailed ie: car prowl, burglary etc.

The data gets to the app very fast. We heard a woman yelling in a housing development down the hill from us and Henderson Police were there within a minute or two. Ended up it was a burglary and it was on the app within the hour.

They don't give the exact house address but they give the street and what hundred block it is in. Not sure if it is available on Android but I suspect so.

The app shows crimes for the last 4 months. After checking, I guess you can also access it on a computer laptop at spotcrime.com

Last edited by Packrat1; 06-22-2016 at 10:59 PM.. Reason: Edit

Old 06-23-2016, 07:52 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
Clark County Nevada Live Audio Feeds

Police scanner.

I don't tune in to Henderson so I can't comment on the crime.

I really like Seven Hills though.
Thanks for posting. I had no idea such a broadcast service existed.

Old 06-29-2016, 04:14 AM

263 posts, read 438,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM111 View Post
Anyone live at Avalon at Seven Hills? I've been here 2.5 years and up until last month, I had seen the cops here only one time. In the past month, I've seen them here 5 times and not just one cop at a time ... SEVERAL and in different locations so it can't be one bad tenant.

I just got home and there are 6 Henderson SUV's here. When 6 cops are dispatched, it's serious ... most likely guns involved.

As the police presence continues to rise, management continues to raise rents ... bad combo for tenants ... I'm at $1,155.00 for a two bedroom.

I heard there is new management here ... I don't know if it's them renting to losers or what but I have noticed the quality of people (what appears to be quality) has certainly diminished.
I can't speak specifically about the incident(s) in-question, but I can state that the majority of police responses to apartment/condo complexes in the HPD Western Area (Seven Hills, Sunridge, etc.) are domestic disturbance/violence runs, with often both or at least one of the parties being reported to be drunk or high on drugs.

For as relatively safe as Henderson is, and the hoity-toity Western Area of Henderson in-particular -- Anthem, Seven Hills, etc. there's a heck of a lot of depravity taking-place inside the expensive homes, again, usually domestic/family-related, and often parties being under the influence of alcohol, meth(!!), etc. & beating each-other up (though thankfully, the guns are usually secured) or suicide attempts (12 year old girl drinking laundry soap a few days ago -- her second attempt in a week). Some of the situations are children basically possesed by the devil & grabbing kitchen knives, and/or being drunk or high (kids not even in their teens yet).

Of course you'd never expect these things, driving thru the HOA streets & stuff, & sure, I'd rather live here where the neighbors "keep it in the family" rather than other sections of Henderson where you have to worry about violent muggings or finding a druggie passed-out on your driveway.

And of course we just had the double-shooting in the parking lot between the Wendy's & Black Mountain Grill Monday evening -- that's Eastern Ave & Sunridge Parkway.

If you start monitoring Henderson police & fire/EMS broadcasts via the smartphone app, prepare to have your curiosity & fascination quickly turn to depression.

SO the 'good news' is that it's not just your apartment complex. Another bit of good news is that while HPD needs more officers on patrol, if it's a *major* situation, they can get a lot of units on-scene pretty quickly (though it's scary to think of those big HPD Tahoes flying down the streets & around corners). If you had 6 Tahoes at a scene in your complex, that's all of Western Area patrol, plus probably an Eastern Area patrol unit or two & a Sgt.

Best thing for you to do is for you & neighbors post your honest observations to 'social media' like Yelp & whatever else. You can bet your complex management, and maybe even corporate management, read them, and if they see people posting that the quality of life is going down/public safety calls are rising, they'll take action (including probably trying to figure out who you are & get you to leave). Also see if there's a neighborhood watch group that covers your apartment complex.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:05 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieMatic View Post
For as relatively safe as Henderson is, and the hoity-toity Western Area of Henderson in-particular -- Anthem, Seven Hills, etc. there's a heck of a lot of depravity taking-place inside the expensive homes...
OMG. Alcohol, you say? Depravity you say? Next thing you know, those people will engage in, you know, sex.

Old 07-05-2016, 11:58 PM

263 posts, read 438,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
OMG. Alcohol, you say? Depravity you say? Next thing you know, those people will engage in, you know, sex.
S&M's response reminded me of another aspect I nglected in my prior post -- there's a good number of emotionally-disturbed people in the area too, which you'd never really think just based on socio-economics.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:08 AM

799 posts, read 708,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieMatic View Post
S&M's response reminded me of another aspect I nglected in my prior post -- there's a good number of emotionally-disturbed people in the area too, which you'd never really think just based on socio-economics.
I would say you did a great job of demonstrating it in the post just above his/hers, so there was no real need to mention it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: