U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2020, 08:02 PM

13,824 posts, read 11,444,225 times

Advertisements

How far along did it look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
I saw them working on it yesterday.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2020, 08:37 PM
EA

6,792 posts, read 6,060,578 times
Looks like they had a good portion leveled and ready to pave.
I didn't really examine it. I just happened to look as I drove by.

Old 11-30-2020, 12:21 PM

Another (final) update:

It's open. I don't know why I have a fascination with this fairly mundane piece of infrastructure. Maybe because I drove west on Harmon from the Strip once and was perplexed that it dead ended in the middle of nowhere.

Anyway, here's a article, complete with video of driving through the ramps.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/...point-2099224/

Old 11-30-2020, 05:03 PM

5,683 posts, read 10,036,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Another (final) update:

It's open. I don't know why I have a fascination with this fairly mundane piece of infrastructure. Maybe because I drove west on Harmon from the Strip once and was perplexed that it dead ended in the middle of nowhere.

That's the Las Vegas way. Until there is some sort of development that supports the spending they don't build logical roadways. Thankfully it seems there are fewer and fewer of the insane 3 lanes down to 1 lane then back up to 3 lanes roads, but I'm sure some still exist.

Old Today, 05:45 PM

Now that this have been open a while, anyone using it? Does it like like it's going to spur development along Harmon?

Old Today, 06:08 PM

17,295 posts, read 7,348,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Another (final) update:

Intriguing. Think we will go down and run it a couple of times. Decide if it is useful. Most of us locals have a couple of pet ways to approach the Strip. Never drive down Las Vegas Blvd except if entertaining out of town guests.

Most of us use east or west routes and avoid the Blvd.

Hope after all these years you are not trying to live close to the strip...Don't do it even though you are Manhattan experienced. I am too - born there - went to college there - and had what was in some ways the best two years of my career on the upper east side. Married a Bellevue RN. Cannot get any more NYC than that.

Old Today, 11:25 PM

Nah. I live in a coop apartment in Manhattan. If I ever get out there, I'll probably get a house somewhere around the beltway. Places like up the hill Henderson, far west Summerlin (think Paseos or nearby), or maybe far west Spring Valley, west of the beltway, if I want to save money. However, I could do something absurd, like getting a condo in Park Avenue or Manhattan.

But I'd probably be down on the strip pretty often, playing poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Intriguing. Think we will go down and run it a couple of times. Decide if it is useful. Most of us locals have a couple of pet ways to approach the Strip. Never drive down Las Vegas Blvd except if entertaining out of town guests.

Most of us use east or west routes and avoid the Blvd.

Hope after all these years you are not trying to live close to the strip...Don't do it even though you are Manhattan experienced. I am too - born there - went to college there - and had what was in some ways the best two years of my career on the upper east side. Married a Bellevue RN. Cannot get any more NYC than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: