Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 07:18 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,266,007 times

Advertisements

Jeez. I was just there hours before this massive brawl broke out in that shopping district. I was checking out the new DownEast Home & Clothing store that recently opened on this side of town. It's really a nice area to go shopping over all. The Centennial Center Blvd is nicer than my immediate shopping options so sometimes I drive up to Ann Rd. to shop that area.

Those two restaurants where this occurred are like the first things you see when you drive into the shopping area off that road. The new DownEast Home & Clothing is a little further along that road. Personally, I like their Henderson location better. The new Summerlin location focuses on furniture and clothing and the Henderson one has that too but with loads more bedding, houseware and accessories to choose from. Anyways...

I'm really surprised to see this massive brawl happening there. It started at Raising Cane's and was so big it spread to the In-N-Out Burger next door where they beat up employees. Lots of video and pictures were posted on social media that have since been deleted but I found that the news sites captured some of the various versions of the content before deletion.

Fox 5 had interviews with the students and with one of the In-N-Out employees that was beaten up.
Injuries reported after brawl breaks out between Las Vegas high - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

The Las Vegas Review Journal posted a more full clip of one of the videos.
1 student hospitalized in brawl at northwest Las Vegas restaurants | Las Vegas Review-Journal

8 News now talks about the rivalry between Arbor View and Centennial's football fans and shows several videos and more of the graphic pictures that have been deleted from twitter.
Massive fight erupts inside two northwest restaurants following

13 Action News shows a good shot of the proximity of the two locations to each other. It also shows a video inside Raising Cane's that you don't see elsewhere. The more erratic and violent begining.
Massive teenage brawl at In-N-Out, Raising Cane's - Story

Surprisingly found nothing on 3 News Now or The Las Vegas Sun. I also checked LiveLeak to see if the full videos made it on there but nothing has came up so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2016, 08:37 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,644,654 times
It's a shame to me that the Centennial Hills area wasn't built out as a genuinely upscale area with larger homesites that would have some staying power. The mountains are beautiful over there! Unfortunately with the housing density and lack of really any community infrastructure that would make it stand out as somewhere special we have basically just another area beginning a very predictable decline. Factor in a commute that will only get worse as Sky Canyon is built out and things look even more bleak.

JMHO

Old 10-09-2016, 09:17 AM

34 posts, read 40,534 times
I only watched a few seconds of that brawl clip..disgusting. It looked to be like most of those throwing punches and kicks were dark skinned. Maybe I'm wrong...

Old 10-09-2016, 09:24 AM

117 posts, read 175,197 times
beating up an in-n-out employee is the ultimate sin.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:18 AM

930 posts, read 1,814,178 times
last week i was eating at On The Border which is right next to Raising Canes and the waitress said that those restaurants are a regular fri/sat night hangout for high school kids.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:29 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,674,610 times
No. Chic-Fil-A Ask EA
Quote:
Originally Posted by santiago de pampanga View Post
beating up an in-n-out employee is the ultimate sin.

Old 10-09-2016, 04:59 PM

At first when I saw it was a NW In-N-Out burger I thought it was the one by my house. There is an Arby's next door and these two places are a regular high school hangout on the weekends too at night. They even have a car club that meets up there. I always get a little anxious from the huge crowd that's gathered in the parking lot because they're always checking out who's coming and going and staring at you. Plus there is a Raising Cane's across the street.

Some of the articles said these places are going to increase security after the football games now, but I'm sure some of the high school kids won't be welcomed back. Like the ones that committed assault on their employees.

Old 10-09-2016, 06:06 PM

452 posts, read 335,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
At first when I saw it was a NW In-N-Out burger I thought it was the one by my house. There is an Arby's next door and these two places are a regular high school hangout on the weekends too at night. They even have a car club that meets up there. I always get a little anxious from the huge crowd that's gathered in the parking lot because they're always checking out who's coming and going and staring at you. Plus there is a Raising Cane's across the street.

Some of the articles said these places are going to increase security after the football games now, but I'm sure some of the high school kids won't be welcomed back. Like the ones that committed assault on their employees.
if it was at the one on Lake mead and 95 there would have been gun shots flying not just fist

Old 10-09-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calisoccer99 View Post
if it was at the one on Lake mead and 95 there would have been gun shots flying not just fist
I suspect you're probably right. One time I was at that In-N-Out burger on a weekend at night and I thought perhaps it was gangs hanging out there. Some of them didn't look like high schoolers. That was an exciting night. From there I put in my GPS to go to Sonic and get a cherry limeade and I wasn't sure where it was. I saw it said it was on Lake Mead so that wasn't too far from me at that point. I thought there was one in our area west of 95 but it ended up taking me to the one on the east side of 95.

As I drove closer to the Sonic I saw police lights flashing and it looked like the road was blocked off. It was at the intersection just past the Sonic so I was able to get in and get service. I realized this was approaching the corner of 'Murder and Blight' aka Lake Mead and Jones. I also saw something I've never seen before. There was a flashing police light high in the air like they had it installed on the corners at the top of the street lights and activated them when they needed them for a perimeter. I saw several police cars driving slowly up and down streets.

The next time I went to Sonic I made sure it was on the west side of 95.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:37 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,093,983 times
In n out is disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: