Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 09:33 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,153,055 times

Advertisements

I guess that depends on what you think is high per sq ft.

layout has a huge amount to do with it, as does the indoor outdoor space we do want a decent sized lot to that of course adds to the price per square foot of the home.

The big X factor for me is how much will insurance and property tax be.
But I'm thinking we're looking at a max of 200 K

Really like to be in the 170s

Think I want a payment about $900 a month or less out the door so we will see

By the way you need not point out I should've bought earlier but since I had a house foreclosed in Minnesota when I had a career ending injury it hasn't been an option until now. And I am currently in the lease till June.

Still waiting to be starting the financing research and the programs for us poor folk who have a steady income and need to get in the house so I can fix my housing costs for the next 30 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 01:39 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Interesting...Here is the offerings in the MLS for Single Story with pool under $200,000.

Buying a house in Las Vegas (what are my chances)?-single-story-pool-lt-200k.jpg

Not as single thing outside the 215. So West side NW, SW Henderson from Green Valley South are all out. Alliante is also zilch. So the choice is the central city or east side. I would take a look at the area east of the 95 as well as some of the SE...around Sunset.

Old 10-15-2016, 03:56 PM

66 posts, read 65,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robojester View Post
I guess that depends on what you think is high per sq ft.

By the way you need not point out I should've bought earlier but since I had a house foreclosed in Minnesota when I had a career ending injury it hasn't been an option until now. And I am currently in the lease till June.

Still waiting to be starting the financing research and the programs for us poor folk who have a steady income and need to get in the house so I can fix my housing costs for the next 30 years.
I never said or implied that you should've bought earlier!
Still, wishing you the best of luck, house hunting is exciting and on the long run, owning worth it even if you didn't buy on the bottom of the market. We didn't either, bought in 2014.

Old 10-15-2016, 05:26 PM

589 posts, read 390,782 times
if you looking for bargains you missed the boat. A las vegas investor said Recently on the Kathy Fettke news podcast. Very rare you hear someone say something like that. ITS usually its a great time to buy after mkt increased 300% .....................lol.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:28 AM

ny2lv I wasn't talking about you :-)

but as you can see I knew somebody would have to come up point out that I was too late for that party.

unfortunately about the time the market out here really crashed I was busy learning to walk again..

I may have to move in towards the center little bit.. Of course there are lots of nice areas scattered around.

I have my little map of airport noise affect right next to the computer but out to the east of the strip or Paradise Palm's Winchester out that away would suit me fine

Old 10-16-2016, 09:51 AM

seems there are plenty to choose from.

I would be happy to do new flooring and painting ourselves anyway.

Preferred not to move any walls but that's always an option.

I think I could do a lot with something like this

https://www.ziprealty.com/property/4...3481320/detail

Old 10-16-2016, 10:35 AM

792 posts, read 1,302,177 times
Quote:
seems there are plenty to choose from.

I would be happy to do new flooring and painting ourselves anyway.

Preferred not to move any walls but that's always an option.

I think I could do a lot with something like this

https://www.ziprealty.com/property/4...3481320/detail
200k for a place with no garage, might take a close look at the permits on file for that "addition". Having been involved with real estate for quite a few years out here, rarely do I find a converted garage as an enhanced feature ! Was that conversion insulated ? Buyer beware !

Old 10-16-2016, 10:58 AM

why yes indeed that would all be part of doing one's do diligence wouldn't it?

I just grabbed the first example I came up with a lot of square footage and a questionable neighborhood.. Ghetto fabulous

Old 10-16-2016, 11:35 AM

792 posts, read 1,302,177 times
Quote:
why yes indeed that would all be part of doing one's do diligence wouldn't it?

I just grabbed the first example I came up with a lot of square footage and a questionable neighborhood.. Ghetto fabulous
I personally have a fairly close friend that had exceptional foresight, when back in the day he saw expansion of the medical district. There were a few ghetto fabulous shacks down that way which he wisely procured. He did extremely well....location alone is not the only variable !

Old 10-17-2016, 08:44 AM

We are so much interested in making money. This is there a retirement home for us.

We would even consider removing a bedroom if we found the houses suited our needs...however that seems highly unlikely since there aren't plenty of Ranches/ramblers and we have plenty of time.

Off the top of my head I imagine the sweet spot for us would be a former rental where at least you know mechanicals are working

I would be very happy to find the rat pack rambler with orange shag and pink tile bathrooms.....

I will be surprised if we don't find the sweet spot, houses that are not worth flipping for a pro but a good value for somebody who can do some basic labor...

We shall see
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas