Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 09:28 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieLovesSun View Post
I have widened my search and I see that, now*. also best western - at least the one here at 8669 W Sahara

no, not more than a week - just coming down for a couple days. very minor trip, really.

that makes sense, Big City and all - and not what I should try despite the lack of carpet. I wish NO CARPET was more common, they all must be filthy.

I actually don't care if I go see The Strip as I've been there before. now I am looking at the area near Red Rocks.

I appreciate people's input!

*not finding the various google search on "dog friendly" are helpful.
MANY places are dog friendly, but not many are dog friendly with no fee. Some have outrageous fees like The Linq which I think is $100 per night!

My short list has always been Motel 6, Red Roof, La Quinta, and Drury Inn (none of those in Vegas, though) because they don't charge fees

This is also a great website:

https://www.bringfido.com/lodging/city/las_vegas_nv_us/

Old 12-09-2016, 10:45 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,666,242 times
The area around that Best Western is fine...thus far the best you have listed. I would have zero concerns staying there beyond using everyday common sense day or night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 12:23 PM

330 posts, read 428,222 times
location sure makes a difference - on the laquinta website the lowest price is the one by the airport.

either on the way there or back I was thinking of staying at the motel 6 in either Bishop or Mammoth Lakes. I can see why people prefer to take road trips in summer.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:00 AM

13 posts, read 23,940 times
I've been at the motel 6 on boulder Hwy when I first came to Vegas. . And of course at that time I didn't know anybody I didn't know anything about Vegas. But staying in the Motel 6 is it as far as it being safe yeah if you stay inside the room the entire time don't answer the door. as with any area you can pretty as with any area you can pretty much use your good judgement to to know if this person is bad or good but then again this is Vegas perception can be deceiving. For example you may think that that homeless man over there by the freeway is homeless nowhere to go butt in a reality he's a multi-millionaire. And the same goes for the multi-millionaire who has money to give you things can turn out to be the worst person that you've met because they deceived you in a way that hurts you health-care.

Old 12-16-2016, 12:55 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
I don't feel safe at Motel 6 in any city, and that's because of the nutty staff they hire ...or at least they used to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: