Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 02:49 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,332,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by talktobrent View Post
Even my most reckless spending, spoiled friends aren't stupid enough to take out massive cash advances on a credit card. I would say the FEW young people spending HUGE on nightlife are trust fund kiddies that are getting everything from their rich parents, and the occasional young wall street hot shot. People exaggerate though. 90% of the young people going to those clubs are spending under $200 on the night, and most probably are capping themselves under $100. there's probably alot that just pay the cover and buy 1 drink just because they are already drunk. These clubs build hype by spreading word of $50,000 tables and $15 dollar drinks. It sparks people's curiousity and they want to see what it's all about. the reality is they are all there as spectators. the clubs know it, and cash in on it.
If you don't think the money is real, read this; half of Tao's $55mil came in the form of drinks, $300-500/bottle service is very common. Surveying the Top-Grossing Restaurants - Best of Buzz - Zagat Survey

Old 03-02-2008, 01:10 PM

196 posts, read 920,491 times
oh i'm sure the money is real and I'm sure there's plenty of people dropping thousands on a night out. I'm just saying, with the volumes they work with out there, the majority of the people in those clubs are still just ordinary people on a budget. If they didn't pack the club with people (especially women) the big spenders wouldn't come. And the comment on the Laguna Beach girls staying in the Hefner suite... I would bet they got it compd for the free publicity. Palms has always been all over MTV and I'm sure it's no accident.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: