Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2017, 07:57 PM

5 posts, read 7,241 times

Advertisements

Household consists of myself and my fiancé (both 30 years old), her 24 year old cousin, her cousins 3 year old daughter, and our 9 month old daughter.

1. Budget Amount

1200-1400 to rent.

2. House/Condo/Townhome?

House.

3. Employment Status (commute/work from home). Location of workplace.

I work in Summerlin, fiancé works near the outlets on S Las Vegas blvd, her cousin works at the north end of the strip and also attends UNLV.

4. Children (Public school vs. Private).

Looking for an area with decent public schools.

5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two.

Doesn't matter

6. Access to public transit, important or not?

Not important.

7. Cross streets (especially important in threads about crime).

Looking for somewhere on the south side close to 215.

I know the household is pretty spread out, but I was thinking either the south west or where we currently live (by the airport) would keep all of us from having too bad of a commute. We don't want to move around a lot, so Which area would be a better place to settle down considering we have young kids in the household? And are their any cross streets in particular we should look at first and any we should avoid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 11:44 AM

2,928 posts, read 3,549,370 times
I live on Tropicana and Fort Apache and I like the area. Can't speak about the schools in this neighborhood though. You can find a 1200-2400 sqft SFR in this area for your budget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: