Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2010, 07:59 PM

177 posts, read 357,172 times

Advertisements

I heard some positive news from another friend today.

She bought a single house in Spring Valley for 85K last August. She paid this house by conventional loan with 30% downpayment. The price was decided by the appraiser and was accepted by both parties. She rented her house to somebody else for 6 months, $975 for each month. She was netting at least $450 a month. After the lease ended in March, she listed her house for sale immediately and has been in contract already. The new buyer will pay by conventional loan also. This time the appraisal came in at 100K, which is 17% higher than last year.

When she bought the house in August, people told her that she was destined to lose money and it was just a very stupid decision. Now she proves them wrong. No wonder she is kinda happy now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 03:27 AM

2,724 posts, read 4,764,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mresort View Post
I heard some positive news from another friend today.

She bought a single house in Spring Valley for 85K last August. She paid this house by conventional loan with 30% downpayment. The price was decided by the appraiser and was accepted by both parties. She rented her house to somebody else for 6 months, $975 for each month. She was netting at least $450 a month. After the lease ended in March, she listed her house for sale immediately and has been in contract already. The new buyer will pay by conventional loan also. This time the appraisal came in at 100K, which is 17% higher than last year.

When she bought the house in August, people told her that she was destined to lose money and it was just a very stupid decision. Now she proves them wrong. No wonder she is kinda happy now.
WOW!!! That's awesome...

I bid on 30 homes and bid 3-5% OVER comps(market value) and got outbid by specuvestors on every single one. Your friend must have some serious mojo!

Old 04-15-2010, 10:13 PM

177 posts, read 357,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
WOW!!! That's awesome...

I bid on 30 homes and bid 3-5% OVER comps(market value) and got outbid by specuvestors on every single one. Your friend must have some serious mojo!
No, she wasn't.
She bought it from an equity seller. Many people keep focusing on the foreclosure market and completely overlook the traditional market.
And keep in mind that the house was bought in last summer. At that time we had plenty of inventory and the financial market hadn't fully stablize yet. The DOW was at 8,000 vs 11,000 as of today.
Actually I am pretty amazed that the appraisal has gone up 15K from last summer.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:27 AM

34 posts, read 158,175 times
Default Pesculating?

Hey eventusstultorummagister, I looked up Pesculating and got nothing, so I'll assume the "s" jumped two spots to the right. Yes?

Old 04-16-2010, 10:00 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,951,794 times
Hey guys and gals, big news on wallstreet SEC filed fraud charges against Goldman Sacs this is effecting the stock market right now and who knows affect home sales again.
CNBC Mobile Home

Old 04-16-2010, 10:18 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,474,424 times
Default From today's RJ

New article from today's RJ

Apr. 16, 2010
Copyright © Las Vegas Review-Journal

New-home sales rise 37 percent in Las Vegas

New-home sales rise 37 percent in Las Vegas - Business - ReviewJournal.com

Old 04-16-2010, 10:21 AM

285 posts, read 785,300 times
It's about time. This explains the cold reception Harry Reid got the other day by GS executives. Even Dirty Harry couldn't call off the dogs on this one. It's definitely having an effect on the stock market but I'm not sure how it effects the housing market. This is punishment for prior deeds that in part caused the mess we are currently tyring to dig out of.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:04 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,448,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dano View Post
This is punishment for prior deeds that in part caused the mess we are currently tyring to dig out of.
Dano, it's more closely related to something I referenced in a post back in May, 2009.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano

Goldman Sachs has made it through this mess relatively unscathed. They were shorting subprime paper during the same time they were securitizing it.

//www.city-data.com/forum/8954916-post1092.html
Amongst other things, the SEC complaint says that Goldman failed to disclose that one of their clients stood to gain from the failure of the mortgage securities they were selling to investors. FWIW, I mentioned that specific client in another post.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:34 PM

285 posts, read 785,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
Dano, it's more closely related to something I referenced in a post back in May, 2009. Amongst other things, the SEC complaint says that Goldman failed to disclose that one of their clients stood to gain from the failure of the mortgage securities they were selling to investors. FWIW, I mentioned that specific client in another post.
Right. They also need to follow the money that Paulson (former CEO of GS) gave to AIG. I believe they were insuring CDOs held by GS and others including foreign banks. Once our tax-payer dollars to given to AIG, these clients were made whole. They also need to investigate all the money that was made by political operatives who drove Fanny & Feddie into the ground.

This should only be the beginning.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:49 PM

91 posts, read 260,802 times
not true you can get a move in forclosure for around 115,000 or even cheaper in a great area I live in the north west part of town las year I paid 133,000 for my house the same house just went for 111,000 but cash is king right now the house that was bought for 111,000 had offers of 128,000 but the 111,000 was pay in cash. but **** I am paying lower in all of my bills that I was paying rent back in NY and far as I am concern this is better then Florida you do nor need to worry about Hurricanes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas