Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 06:01 AM

2,724 posts, read 4,762,354 times

Advertisements

Default filings showing no sign of slowing.
3083 for the month of April (as of 4/26)

If I were a buyer (which I am) I would disregard all "multiple offer" properties as there appears to be a plethora of homes that will eventually make their way to market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 10:46 AM

317 posts, read 1,003,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
If I were a buyer (which I am) I would disregard all "multiple offer" properties as there appears to be a plethora of homes that will eventually make their way to market.
I am a buyer and I would disregard all "multiple offer" too !

Old 04-26-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
Being a realtor myself John, I totally understand that. . Everyone in the country is hearing LV has great housing deals. ................
...., the LV housing market is still high priced ... .

Old 04-26-2010, 12:36 PM

365 posts, read 423,367 times
Im from NJ so im use to high prices but with the state of the economy and with the bad job market in las vegas in particular, these home prices still seem high. Every article I read seems to state that las vegas is one of the worst if not the worst hit.
Most homes are upside down....blah blah blah...im sure you've heard it all.
Prices still seem pricey compared to say the Phoenix valley area.

Im looking to move to 1 of these 2 areas and the housing prices is going to be a big determination for me...

I love both areas equally well.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:08 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
i can't believe people still feel vegas is overpriced.. according to forbes, it was the most underpriced place in the country. imo, its not going to get any cheaper, whether or not the banks release this so called wave of foreclosures.... just because there are filings, doesn't mean the house is going to be sold.. in order to get a modification, you have to be 3-4 months behind which triggers the notice.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
i can't believe people still feel vegas is overpriced.. according to forbes, it was the most underpriced place in the country.....
Well- maybe average home price for Las Vegas is underpriced but "average" price means average for ALL Las Vegas
includingVERY BAD HIGH CRIME areas what is really have low price per sq ft but good areas still overpriced compared to other state with low crime and better employment cituation

Old 04-26-2010, 04:01 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
This is actually getting kind of silly. The median single family in Las Vegas is well below the national average. It is in fact lower than virtually any other large city. The SFR median has been as low as 75 psf and is presently around 78.

So $100 per sf is about 20% more than Las Vegas.

It is generally about the same as Phoenix. Note that Phoenix has a much larger older housing stock whick lowers there median to Vegas. If you compare newer homes Phoenix is more expensive.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natali :) View Post
Well- maybe average home price for Las Vegas is underpriced but "average" price means average for ALL Las Vegas
includingVERY BAD HIGH CRIME areas what is really have low price per sq ft but good areas still overpriced compared to other state with low crime and better employment cituation
Nope. Las Vegas shows bigger price advantages at the high rather than the low end. Note that it is the newer homes in LV that were whacked...big or small.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
Default filings showing no sign of slowing.
3083 for the month of April (as of 4/26)

You will not get a house anytime soon. There is vastly more demand than there is supply.

I would think you could easily double the supply of REOs and not change much...and that does not appear to be about to happen.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:14 PM

365 posts, read 423,367 times
Olecapt, unfortunately im not seeing $75 to $78 psf.....but maybe you have an inventory list you should send me....I hear your a pretty good realtor.
Are list prices much higher than what they are closing for?....What percentage below list are these generally closing for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas