Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2010, 05:58 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,185,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Volume is 2559 for SFR and 708 for condos. That is down on the SFRs about 1000 yoy and 250 month over month Condos are down 150 yoy and up slightly month over month..

SFR pricing is a median of $133K and an average of 159.9K. That is down 2K mom and 6.1K yoy. Condos are at $60K down 10K yoy and $1K mom.

Hate to say it but we clearly are seeing a new reduction. This is not bouncing along the bottom...this appears a reasonably strong down trend.

I want to look at the inventory but don't have time tonight.
I personally appreciate you honesty here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 06:06 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,129,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
Well, look at the bright side - this will give you another opportunity to call the bottom yet again, make redundant proclamations that "something's got to give", and to let everyone know that it's going to be interesting. Every cloud has its silver lining.

Will you be creating a new thread for your next bottom call or will you just amend your last one?
don't sweat it Tony...no matter how it is presented you won't understand.

Understanding is just not your thing.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Krugman is a total and complete moron who actually believes in is what is called keynesian economics. Peter Schiff tells all in his last interview. The economy is going to go into hyperinflation because of the fed. They could only delay it for so long.

Peter Schiff: Bernanke is Going to Destroy the Country
Actually waiting for Schiff to be right again is getting boring. It has been a long time.

At this point a little inflation would actually be a welcome change.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:19 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,444,666 times
Quote:
don't sweat it Tony...no matter how it is presented you won't understand.

Understanding is just not your thing.
The only thing that anyone needs to understand about your directional housing market calls are that they are consistently wrong. They'd do better making a decision based on coin flips, tea leaves, or the random throwing of chicken bones.

I eagerly await your next bottom call.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
The only thing that anyone needs to understand about your directional housing market calls are that they are consistently wrong. They'd do better making a decision based on coin flips, tea leaves, or the random throwing of chicken bones.

I eagerly await your next bottom call.
Well here is one were I hope you are correct...

Why don't you run out and bet on it?

Old 11-08-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Well here is one were I hope you are correct...

Why don't you run out and bet on it?
You hope I'm correct that people would be better served relying on coin flips, tea leaves, and randomly thrown chicken bones, than listening to your bottom calls? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's correct.

And I already placed my bet - fortunately, I didn't listen to anything you had to say about market direction when formulating my buy decision.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
You hope I'm correct that people would be better served relying on coin flips, tea leaves, and randomly thrown chicken bones, than listening to your bottom calls? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's correct.

And I already placed my bet - fortunately, I didn't listen to anything you had to say about market direction when formulating my buy decision.
Here is your chance to really shine...let us hear the addresses of these clever acqusitions. Then we can see how well you have ridden the market...

You won't of course. Then everyone would know how you have really done..

Can't have that can we?

Old 11-08-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Here is your chance to really shine...let us hear the addresses of these clever acqusitions. Then we can see how well you have ridden the market...

You won't of course. Then everyone would know how you have really done..

Can't have that can we?
I've done fine thanks, but I doubt that anyone really gives a flip.

Besides, you would probably be better served concentrating on your own circumstances. I notice the foreclosed home down the street from you is listed at less than 50% of its sale price in 2005. Adjusted for inflation it looks like your home is worth less than what you paid for it in '96. Oh well, it's a home not an investment.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
I've done fine thanks, but I doubt that anyone really gives a flip.

Besides, you would probably be better served concentrating on your own circumstances. I notice the foreclosed home down the street from you is listed at less than 50% of its sale price in 2005. Adjusted for inflation it looks like your home is worth less than what you paid for it in '96. Oh well, it's a home not an investment.
As I said you would not produce...and you did not. You have at least sufficient residual smarts that you would never allow anyone to see what a mess you made.

Actually that home is most interesting. But you would not understand any of that. It requires some understanding of the market...not your thingt.

May well be a fun battle.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:53 PM

351 posts, read 835,920 times
Tony, I'd like to hear where you think housing prices are headed? How much up/down? When? Thanks. And thank you Olecapt for sticking your neck out and letting us know what you think & also giving us up to date info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas