Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2011, 06:45 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,763,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Are you saying that banks who own real estate are setting asking prices "artificially low"? If so, I don't see that effecting the free market; that IS the free market in the same sense that grocery stores who set "artificially low" prices for turkey prior to Thanksgiving are the free market.
But when you go to the grocery store for that "bargain" turkey the cashier doesn't tell you: "we have multiple offers on that TURKEY, what's you're HIGHEST and BEST offer?"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishordie View Post
. One really has to be detail oriented and understand the nature of giant corporate accounting schemes to digest all the information. Heck the government, when they try to prosecute wrong doers in this industry, still cannot trace all the affiliate or actions of the most culpable individuals. Legal positioning creating a web of sub tier and associate business and affiliations have made going after almost anyone in this industry a near impossible chore even by a deep pocket government legal.
That sounds an awful lot like a Triad.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:00 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,200,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
Actually going after "wrong doers" in the industry is duck soup...there are smoking guns all over the place. However these people are moneyed and have large resources. So a conviction or even a civil win takes 5 or 8 years and costs 50 million dollars.

YOu can drop down a tier and find easier pickings with thousands of opportunities. But that is the problem...thousands of opportunities...Go after them all? Billions and billions. Pick a few? Why bother...

The single biggest problem in all this is size. The thing is simply so big it cannot be contained in the existing justice system. So we don't try.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:45 PM

151 posts, read 246,388 times
Yup,

Triad, Mafia, organized legal crime, monopoly, world domination, what ever you want to call it but this entire organization is a good old boys club going back generations. I am not sure what Lehman bros. did or if they were just the sacrificial lamb du jour but the public needed someone to go down in order for the masses to think our system of justice is working. Always remember the Godfather where they state it's just business nothing personal. I assure you no one is really standing in the way of the Deutche Banks, Goldman Sachs, or worse yet those we do not even know about, etc. They do what they please as they please. A 400 million dollar settlement is a week or two of real pretax profit to those folks. Who knows, maybe they arranged for some sort of insurance carriers to help with the fine. I cannot even imagine how much money funneled its way into those entities over the last decade or two or more. Imagine if the oil companies were in bed with the above. Then you have fannie and freddie caught mis calculating numbers or manipulating depending on whom you listen to and No individual is prosecuted from any of the above instances. WOWWWW. Instead of the new math this is the new legal system. 4 legs good 2 legs bad except....some animals are more equal than other.... Etc. Guess which un equal animal paid to get those more equal animals out of hot water??? For all I know all of those entities have interbred and are now some sort of super freak dynamo too big to fail..... Did America and American's really buy into that?? Wow

However, until someone stronger than me comes along to take on these folks I just use the information to formulate plans and investments to best capitalize on what I know and see. I certainly do not listen to some media driven nonsense or so called expert opinions. Thank goodness I can do my own analysis of these situations to determine markets, trends and conditions. Once you remove the artificially induced psychological elements from the free market you generally can get a good idea of what is happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post

Old 07-13-2011, 03:37 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,448,277 times
Banks manipulating housing prices lower? Banks synonymous with the mafia and organized crime?

I'm going long tinfoil futures. It's obviously a raging bull market.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:25 PM

Might be better off going long on "tent" futures. A lot of retirement nest eggs will be evaporating.

Gary Shilling predicts another 20% downleg (nationwide). Recession in 2012.

20% Drop in Housing to Cause Recession in 2012, Says Gary Shilling | Fin - Daily Ticker - US - Yahoo! Finance

Old 07-14-2011, 03:47 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Isn't this Obama Depression making housing impossible?

Old 07-14-2011, 04:11 PM

285 posts, read 785,232 times
Ahh, come on; this isn't Obama's fault. After all he inherited the economy from Bush and then passed Obama Care haulting business in their tracks and then increasing the Debt ever further with the Stimulus so all of his Union constituant's could hold on to their jobs for another year. Where do you come off saying such a thing.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:23 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
ummm no, obama halted the tax cuts to the corportations. that caused the employment problem which caused the housing problem.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:44 PM

968 posts, read 2,062,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
ummm no, obama halted the tax cuts to the corportations. That caused the employment problem which caused the housing problem.

lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas