Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 07:51 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,781,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modhatter View Post
(Not that I condone the practice)
Condone it?
Sometimes it's recommended!
Are you foolish to pay your mortgage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 02:24 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,056,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costaricageorge View Post
Any clue as to when some more bank-owned properties will hit the market?

I wish I knew, but I can tell you that the bank repo'd the house next door months ago, secured it, put antifreeze in the drains, and notices up, but no for-sale sign. It's been at least six months. They are holding onto it.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:30 PM

10,865 posts, read 16,942,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I wish I knew, but I can tell you that the bank repo'd the house next door months ago, secured it, put antifreeze in the drains, and notices up, but no for-sale sign. It's been at least six months. They are holding onto it.
Oh, good. And where do they think that antifreeze is going to end up? If you have proof, I'd call the EPA.

We have enough crap in Lake Mead without purposefully flushing hundreds of gallons of antifreeze down the drain. That will be REALLY good for the wetlands. Really good.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:39 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,056,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Oh, good. And where do they think that antifreeze is going to end up? If you have proof, I'd call the EPA.

We have enough crap in Lake Mead without purposefully flushing hundreds of gallons of antifreeze down the drain. That will be REALLY good for the wetlands. Really good.

There's notices on the door that say they've put antifreeze in the drains. I'm not speculating. The notice says CAUTION, this house has been winterized with anti-freeze in all drains and toilet bowl. Please run water through the drains before using-- DANGER

I snapped a photo of it with my cell so I could transcribe it correctly.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:42 PM

10,865 posts, read 16,942,809 times
Quote:
There's notices on the door that say they've put antifreeze in the drains. I'm not speculating. The notice says CAUTION, this house has been winterized with anti-freeze in all drains and toilet bowl. Please run water through the drains before using-- DANGER

Yeah, I'd shoot an email to the Nevada DEP.

Nevada Division of Environmental Protection

Old 04-29-2012, 02:49 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,258,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Let's keep this thread on the topic of Las Vegas real estate market, please. Thanks!
WOW, when I explained why RE foreclosures were not making their way through and why banks were holding the real estate instead of selling it, THAT IS OFF TOPIC on a Las Vegas RE thread?

OKAY!!!!

Old 04-29-2012, 02:58 PM

160 posts, read 283,770 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Yeah, I'd shoot an email to the Nevada DEP.

Nevada Division of Environmental Protection

It could be RV antifreeze.

You guys probably don't know about it not really having winter weather down there. ( lucky you ) -44 this past January sucked up in Alberta, Canada!

Up in Canada (and maybe the east coast ) recreational vehicles need to be winterized with a special antifreeze to prevent freezing / cracking of lines in colder weather. It goes through the taps too in motor homes and you flush it out well in the spring so safe to use again.

I don't think they are using Peak or Prestone car / vehicle antifreeze.

Brian

Old 04-29-2012, 03:19 PM

579 posts, read 994,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
WOW, when I explained why RE foreclosures were not making their way through and why banks were holding the real estate instead of selling it, THAT IS OFF TOPIC on a Las Vegas RE thread?

OKAY!!!!
There was a troll that had some of their posts deleted.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:39 PM

73 posts, read 150,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californiapch View Post
You guys probably don't know about it not really having winter weather down there. ( lucky you ) -44 this past January sucked up in Alberta, Canada!
Unfortunately, when it gets below 32 degrees F, water isn't intelligent enough to realize that it's colder somewhere else and that it shouldn't freeze.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:44 PM

160 posts, read 283,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anvilpw View Post
Unfortunately, when it gets below 32 degrees F, water isn't intelligent enough to realize that it's colder somewhere else and that it shouldn't freeze.

-44 is 70 degrees colder then 32.......... and damn it was cold.

It was windchill cold.

Sorry, going off topic...... but maybe helped save someone complaining for nothing.... I think.

Brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas