Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 10:44 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,672,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calisoccer99 View Post
or just stay away from mgm props, why take a hit to your credit score so you can park and spend money?
Your info is wrong and your logic defies logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 11:04 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,804,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Your info is wrong and your logic defies logic.
my guess is they are speaking from personal experience.

get mgm card -> play slots -> lose money -> don't pay bills

Old 03-15-2017, 11:52 AM

15,822 posts, read 14,460,687 times
If I ever moved there, I'd be going to the strip to play poker. If I did that, I could get to Pearl status fairly quickly. But if the card is no fee, I could do that more quickly, and not have to worry about giving them hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Don't know. The info is from two friends who got one. Even if there is it's probably less than paying for parking.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:04 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,284,541 times
I believe Hooters and The Tropicana still have free parking.

From The Trop's website:

Do you charge for parking?
Valet and self-parking are complimentary.

Old 03-15-2017, 02:37 PM

6,384 posts, read 11,875,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Does the card have an annual fee?
No annual fee and frankly the rewards points are pretty worthless compared to almost any other branded card out there. Best to get it and use it once every six months to keep it active. Their upfront bonus isn't that valuable, but it only requires $1000 in charges over 3 months so maybe that's worth shooting for but after that no need to use it regularly. For that you get free parking, better status and buffet line pass.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:36 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,151,950 times
Ok so you sold me on buffet line pass that is worth 3 times the parking to me!

My in-laws will be coming to town and even they are thinking of staying downtown at the nugget cuz " they are tired of being nickeled and dimed on the strip"

Old 03-16-2017, 09:14 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,284,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robojester View Post
Ok so you sold me on buffet line pass that is worth 3 times the parking to me!

My in-laws will be coming to town and even they are thinking of staying downtown at the nugget cuz " they are tired of being nickeled and dimed on the strip"
Downtown isn't much better these days. I think Golden Nugget's resort fee is up to about $25. (at least the last time I knew and I am too lazy to go find out for sure) A couple of years ago it went up from a low fee of like $5 per night that they claimed was to help pay for their fees they have to pay for the Fremont Street Experience. But, just like other properties, they have been raising the fee bit by bit as no one has complained.

I always prefer to stay at Four Queens, the Fremont, or Main Street Station downtown. No resort fees.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:44 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,804,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
No annual fee and frankly the rewards points are pretty worthless compared to almost any other branded card out there. Best to get it and use it once every six months to keep it active. Their upfront bonus isn't that valuable, but it only requires $1000 in charges over 3 months so maybe that's worth shooting for but after that no need to use it regularly. For that you get free parking, better status and buffet line pass.
How long does it take to get the card/Pearl status once approved?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: