Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2017, 08:24 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,277,377 times

Advertisements

Last week of March.
Family of five.
A 12 year old girl.
Two 13-14 year old boys.
Tight budget.
Driving here from Boise so road tripping it!
Probably cook and eat at my house.
Staying with us for five days during Spring break.

What would you recommend we see or do here?

Top Choices for five days that kids that age would be interested in and doesn't cost a lot. I can think of some things but just want to see what other suggestions there are that I should consider.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 08:42 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,028,651 times
I would take them to see the Lion Ranch and the dolphins at the Mirage.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:16 PM

2,846 posts, read 4,519,900 times
go cart racing https://www.polepositionraceway.com/las-vegas/

3d m&m movie https://www.mmsworld.com/locations.aspx#lasvegas

wax museum https://www.madametussauds.com/las-vegas/en/ *locals discount!*

pinball hall of fame Las Vegas Pinball Hall of Fame Pinball Museum, Nevada NV, Tim Arnold

Old 02-28-2017, 09:47 PM

67 posts, read 72,138 times
pinball museum, siegfried & roy secret gardens, shark reef, children's discovery museum

Old 02-28-2017, 10:57 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Another vote for the pinball museum. The ultimate rise of low culture to high culture.

Red Rock Canyon. Take the kiddie trail on the old road to Pahrump. All can do it and the waterfall in the Box canyon is neat at that time of year. If they are skilled hikers there are trails in that area that any skill level will find challenging.

Bonnie Springs. Kids love that place. Don't understand the charm but it does work.

If budget allows consider rafting down the river. You can also just take the boat ride.

Hike to the top of Lone Mountain. Free and my dog thought it the best place in LV. Loved chasing rabbits on a 70 degree grade. Close to home too.

roller coaster at NYNY...peak thrill for young teens. They can also have a good time at Circus Circus even though it is now required that us locals put it down hard. Even older kids lke the place.

the good old Springs Preserve. Mildly boring to teens and pre.. But neat in places.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:23 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,277,377 times
Thank you for all the great ideas!

Old 03-01-2017, 09:30 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

Bonnie Springs. Kids love that place. Don't understand the charm but it does work.
We got married there, in full Tombstone style and dress, in the chapel, with a reception in the saloon. We will be back in Vegas at the end of March to celebrate 15 years.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:30 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,290,797 times
I know some hotel pools are opening soon (this weekend maybe) so depending on the weather, that may be an option as many will allow non guest in for a small fee. The water would be heated (I would assume!) so as long as the sun is warm, kids wouldn't care.

I know for sure Flamingo's is opening soon, just saw it on Facebook.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:45 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Another vote for the pinball museum. The ultimate rise of low culture to high culture.

Red Rock Canyon. Take the kiddie trail on the old road to Pahrump. All can do it and the waterfall in the Box canyon is neat at that time of year. If they are skilled hikers there are trails in that area that any skill level will find challenging.

If budget allows consider rafting down the river. You can also just take the boat ride.

Hike to the top of Lone Mountain. Free and my dog thought it the best place in LV. Loved chasing rabbits on a 70 degree grade. Close to home too.

roller coaster at NYNY...peak thrill for young teens. They can also have a good time at Circus Circus even though it is now required that us locals put it down hard. Even older kids lke the place.

the good old Springs Preserve. Mildly boring to teens and pre.. But neat in places.
Does NYNY still have that awesome floor dedicated to virtual reality machines and a games room atmosphere that it had several years ago. I thought it looked exciting for kids/teens. Below are a few links that might add ideas.

USA Today Vacations With Teens in Las Vegas | USA Today
Top Things To Do In Las Vegas With Kids
Best Las Vegas Family Attractions: Tips Before You Go on Family Vacation Critic
7 Things Every Teen Should Do in Las Vegas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: