Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2017, 08:46 AM

9 posts, read 8,573 times

Advertisements

We are moving from a 2 bed/2 bath apartment in the NW to a similar apartment in the SW. In the past we have always moved the stuff ourselves, but now we just have too much stuff to do it on our own.

Anyone have some moving company recommendations that offer pretty fair prices?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 11:16 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,781,051 times
Full-Service Moving Company | Las Vegas, NV | Warren's Homework

Also, definitely check the Better Business Bureau website. Many movers are unscrupulous.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:06 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,213,260 times
Try

Full-Service Moving Company | Las Vegas, NV | Warren's Homework

Used them 15 times or so over the last 15 years. Never a complaint.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:50 PM

19 posts, read 42,331 times
wow , they look legit, can you give me a range on how much $ these guys charge for their services? Im from southern california moving to Vegas

Old 07-28-2017, 08:52 PM

2 posts, read 749 times
6 cents on the pound
This is what All My Sons movers in Las Vegas has reminded me they are liable for in the damage department. Before moving, consider what your furniture weighs, just so you can figure out what you *might* be able to recoup from bulls in china shops. Check Yelp reviews for verification - as long as people don't check, no one has to be responsible for their faults.[p]
We just moved (locally). We moved in 2 phases, first phase was about as good as a move can be (not a great experience, but no real problems). The 2nd phase was about 3 weeks later. On July 2, 2017 we moved the remaining items - it was a huge, heavy, expensive dining room set. They broke the wooden back of the china hutch and the mirrored backing attached. It would probably only cost a couple hundred dollars to fix and they'd have a happy customer but they have been very rude; after about 8 calls (no joke), they offered to replace the mirror, but a professional furniture restoration expert stated the obvious - putting new glass on the broken back will result in more broken glass (it would be adhered to a non-flat surface). The moving company left the massive china hutch in the center of the dining room - it is still there - on July 28 as I write this; so they never finished the move. The last call resulted in the owner telling me he would, "see me in small claims court". When I asked if he cared about customer service, he said, "of course I do".. I asked, "Just no MY customer service?" and he said,"wellll..." (as in - no - not yours). He pointed out the contract I signed (show me a company that does not ask you to sign a contract and I will tell you not to use them), said the company was only responsible for 6 cents on the pound for damage. Regardless of the damage they cause. Admittedly, I did not do my own due diligence, I contacted them on recommendation from a sales person at a retail furniture store. Lesson learned - now I want to warn others.
To be as fair as I can - they sent someone to my house from a glass company to measure for new glass (to date, we have not received it) - the tech from the glass company actually laughed out loud and nodded, knowingly, to his partner. The tech said, and his partner agreed, that "every time" (the tech's words) they get called to repair glass after a move, it was caused by All My Sons. He said he would NEVER personally use them and would never recommend them to people he knows.

Old 07-29-2017, 01:21 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,043,658 times
I used 7 brothers moving and had no complaints. The movers showed up on time, were professional and careful with my things. I only had 1 thing broken on a 2000 mile move and that was a crushed box that I packed myself and was definitely not their fault. They also completed the move-in in record time. They had my 2000 sq ft house unloaded in about 1.5 hours. I didn't use all of the time I had prepaid for and they offered to come back at no charge to help me get large furniture situated once I had unpacked everything. They also unwrapped and reassembled all of the large furniture I had moved.

-- edit to add: I moved several large glass tabletops (I have a tendency to get glass tabletops cut for most things) and none of them were broken. These were wrapped in cut down large heavy boxes from home depot and the taped, and strapped to a flat surface on both the top and bottom inside the moving containers.

Last edited by equid0x; 07-29-2017 at 01:25 AM.. Reason: Edit to add
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: