Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 12:37 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,812,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Just based on this and what you've said in other posts, it sounds like the GFI outlet itself may have gotten blown out if it won't reset. Hard to say without seeing it.

But as I mentioned in my previous post, please get someone to fix it.
i have found 4 gfci outlets with switches (2 in the kitchen, 1 in downstairs bath, 1 attached to pool timer) , they all work according to the gfci tester

yes, i'm going to get someone to fix it, unless i miraculously fine another gfci switch in the garage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 01:02 PM

661 posts, read 632,575 times
Please keep us posted as I'm having the same issue with an outlet in the garage and outside my front door.

Old 06-02-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnftcret View Post
Please keep us posted as I'm having the same issue with an outlet in the garage and outside my front door.
have checked to see if a breaker has been tripped? i would reset the one you are having issues with

that and reset all the gfi outlets

i've been searching my house for outlets, but have come up with nothing, so i have no choice but to call for an expert

Old 06-02-2017, 04:13 PM

661 posts, read 632,575 times
Yeah.. Have checked everything from breakers to gfci outlets.

Old 06-02-2017, 04:25 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,374,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
have checked to see if a breaker has been tripped? i would reset the one you are having issues with

that and reset all the gfi outlets

i've been searching my house for outlets, but have come up with nothing, so i have no choice but to call for an expert
Do you by chance have the plans of the place? There is generally an electrical plan. They vary from very good to pure BS but if you have them take a look. And you can sometimes get a copy of the plans filed by the builder with the municipality. Clark County's are generally pretty good. The owner can get a set printed if the house is reasonably recent...2000 should be available.

Old 06-02-2017, 04:46 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,884,096 times
Quote:
There is another small box next to the breaker box, but it requires some kind of magnetic too to open?
It sounds like that one is for the utility company.

Old 06-02-2017, 04:49 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,884,096 times
Quote:
Even the ones that don't have the GFI switches? I found an outlet that doesn't work in the laundry, it doesn't have the GFI switches however
"regular" outlets without GFCI buttons can be "wired through" a GFCI outlet. For example, in a wet bar area, I have several outlets (ice maker, garbage disposal, outlets above the counter where I plug in a blender & coffee grinder, etc). Only ONE of them is a GFCI outlet with buttons, but ALL the outlets are wired through it. Thus, if I pop that GFCI outlet, none of the other outlets have electricity until the lone GFCI outlet is reset.

Old 06-02-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
It sounds like that one is for the utility company.
Yep. Neighbor has a warning sticker, mine is missing for some reason

Old 06-02-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
What about behind the water heater ?

I can't check mine since I would have to remove it, but I think that's the only place I haven't looked

EDIT: Ignore the above, extremely unlikely

Last edited by OmegaSupreme; 06-02-2017 at 05:57 PM..

Old 06-02-2017, 05:57 PM

Quote:
What does the breaker box say?
Mine has 3 notes for gfci: bathroom, kitchen, and garage

I found the first two gfci outlets immediately

I just found the one in the garage now, even though I looked through there what felt like 100 times

Add me to the list of people who feel stupid about not finding it earlier
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas