Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 01:32 PM

209 posts, read 263,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
What were the prices?

No doubt.
Prices were pretty standard. Bought an 1/8th for $50 and a package of peach gummy candy (10 pieces) for $22. The tax was $13. They actually apply the tax to the grand total purchase price just like they would if you were buying food at the store. I've never experienced that. The tax has always been included in the advertised price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 02:05 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,031,639 times
I wanted some cannabis dog biscuits for my dogs so they could just zone out during the fireworks. It's so stressful for them! But the lines look no better today either.

Old 07-02-2017, 03:23 PM

359 posts, read 361,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I wanted some cannabis dog biscuits for my dogs so they could just zone out during the fireworks. It's so stressful for them! But the lines look no better today either.

they sell those? if you do get some please post where and what the price was as our dogs are the same thanks

Old 07-02-2017, 04:12 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,670,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas taco View Post
they sell those? if you do get some please post where and what the price was as our dogs are the same thanks
No, they do not sell those.

If your dog needs something to stay calm during fireworks see a veterinarian and get an appropiate sedative perscribed for your pet.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:22 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
https://www.caninejournal.com/dogs-and-marijuana/

Old 07-02-2017, 04:49 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabtrees View Post
Prices were pretty standard. Bought an 1/8th for $50...
That comes out to $400 per ounce which is OUTRAGEOUS for a legal product.
All that sort of price does is to prop up the black market suppliers.

There is no agricultural based reason for the product to cost more than any other
similarly cultivated and handled product such as beer hops which should allow the
producers a FMV in the $5 per POUND range; but not more than $10 per pound.

Add something to that for drying loss and packing, and trucking/distribution...
and some USDA/County Extension Agent level monitoring and you end up at $16 per pound
for a wholesaler price to retailers for an inspected and packed product.

Allow the retailer even a 100% profit margin? OK.
Allow the State another 100% taxation rate? OK.
You're still in the $64 per pound range.

Call that $80 per pound retail and you're at $5.00 per ounce
That's legal MJ.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:59 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabtrees View Post
Prices were pretty standard. Bought an 1/8th for $50...
That comes out to $400 per ounce which is OUTRAGEOUS for a legal product.
All that sort of price does is to prop up the black market suppliers.

There is no agricultural based reason for the product to cost more than any other
similarly cultivated and handled product such as beer hops which should allow the
producers a FMV in the $5 per POUND range; maybe as much as $10 per pound.

Old 07-02-2017, 05:11 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,278,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickydim View Post
mmmmm.....maybe I'll set up my condo as a weed den for tourists, provide transportation, provide a residence, smoking paraphernalia, munchies/beer/liquor for a cost. I'll put the new xbox/entertainment centers in each party room and each 'den' can be rented by the day/night like a cabana. Rent a Cabanabis.

I'll call it "Dopey's".
There you go! I like your thinking. Get seven of them and you can name each one after a dwarf, or eight and you could have Snow White and the seven dwarves. With the Snow White room being shabby chic and feminine for the pot princesses. Oh gosh, put it near a pot friendly spa too and bachelorette parties will come there to chill and relax.

The downtown area needs a cannabis themed mermaid spa with a huge glass ceiling like in the Bellagio Botanical gardens and a Alice In Wonderland cannabis infused tea room with treats next to a princess palace where people can stay. I'm imagining a version of it put together with the beautiful Encore Spa mettalic tiles with Bellagio Botanical Garden ceiling next to Cromwell like rooms with a Mandarin Oriental tea lounge but more creative and colorful and whimsical like the Parasol in the Wynn.

In Colorado they have a name for these 420 friendly rooms that tourist come to. It's something like *Bud and Breakfast.* I can't remember exactly but I remember reading about it.

Old 07-02-2017, 05:57 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,116,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
What were the prices?

No doubt.

I took a dude to 420 Sahara and he got a jar of weed for 65 bucks. Like 3/4 of a mason jar. Slap full of weed.

Old 07-02-2017, 06:31 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,962,597 times
Has anyone seen Bubbles, Randy, or Julian? I know the trailer park boys had to show up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas