Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 11:15 AM

328 posts, read 726,366 times

Advertisements

I got it and thanks. We are not out in Vegas yet but hopefully soon. I will look you up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 12:51 PM

595 posts, read 2,308,334 times
That roach proof white powder works great. No spray involved. Make about a half inch strip along the baseboards and counter tops (if necessary). Ants are real easy to get rid of, rats are easy, also, but cockroaches have been here for millions of years and are very clever.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:57 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,037 times
just a note, when I lived in Vegas I was aware that I moved into the home of roaches, snakes, lizards, scorpions, and tarantula. They were there first and probably are disgusted with the filthy littering disease ridden vermin that are destroying their homes and killing their kin. We were up in Valley of Fire one day and a huge tarantula crawled under our car. It took two people laying on the ground and one careful driver to avoid the creature and get it off the road to safety, but it was worth it.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:22 PM

328 posts, read 726,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
just a note, when I lived in Vegas I was aware that I moved into the home of roaches, snakes, lizards, scorpions, and tarantula. They were there first and probably are disgusted with the filthy littering disease ridden vermin that are destroying their homes and killing their kin. We were up in Valley of Fire one day and a huge tarantula crawled under our car. It took two people laying on the ground and one careful driver to avoid the creature and get it off the road to safety, but it was worth it.
Do you see alot of snakes?

Old 11-26-2008, 09:07 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoo View Post
Do you see alot of snakes?
I have seen snakes in Red Rock, that is about it.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:06 PM

471 posts, read 625,179 times
I know you probably don't want to say where it is but by chance does the place your talking about start with a P or a T?

Old 11-28-2008, 10:36 PM

33 posts, read 103,146 times
In Las Vegas if you have roaches it doesn't mean you're nasty or dirty or live in filth it's actually out here nicknamed the "Nevada Beetle" because it's so common. They're moving dirt all around to build so much I guess they're stirring up the roaches, just get a bug man to use non smelling non toxic sprays and btw for 3 months 1,000 is prob. fair landlord usually require 1 year lease and apt's are much higher can be 1500 plus depending on the area. Good Luck!

Old 06-14-2011, 11:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,258 times
Just moved back here in 2008. I found 3 things that help w/ the cockroaches(waterbugs): Clean up: often and never leave dirty dishes in the sink over night. Keep all surfaces dry all the time.
Clutter: Get rid of it and make sure you can see every corner of your house:
Calk: Dap calk is a lifesaver. Make sure you calk around the toilet, along the edges of the floor where the cabinets meet, and along the edge of the tub where it meets the floor. Make sure under the sink there are not any holes around where the pipe goes into the wall.

Most importantly, Borax(Ten Mule) in the box will kill any bug dead!!!! They have no natural immunity from it and it is a great additive to your washing machine too.
I love living here again(I was born here almost 40 yrs ago) and living back east I had forgotten all about them. But now that I know what to do, I am rarely ever seeing them (less than 8 a year). I wouldn't live anywhere else. No bug is gonna run me away from my hometown!!!!!

Old 06-15-2011, 11:02 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,537,318 times
My brand new house has roaches... not really an infestation, but I was at first disappointed. now I just take care of it as issues come up. at first I thought they were in the boxes I brought with me... but these roaches are everywhere, specially outside.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:06 AM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,517 times
Just put up a sign "Roaches not welcome".
I've heard they can read and respect people's wishes.

HOUSE FLIES, HOWEVER, ARE RUDE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas