Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 11:58 PM

469 posts, read 494,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
it's a rough area there. What's your budget?
$225k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2017, 03:37 AM

2,928 posts, read 3,550,907 times
Look in the NW. You can still find houses ~1500 sqft in that price range. No need to go to sunrise unless you were looking at buying a huge house.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:16 AM

561 posts, read 681,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
He has read only privileges. He can still receive and send DMs though.
Which is a strong net loss to the forum, IMO. Whenever I have a question on energy efficiency, cooking, or food in general, my search terms always start out with a reference to his user name. Just yesterday I needed a refresher on his preferred method of cooking turkey. Followed the general idea (high, then lowering the temperature until you coast into the final temperature), and turned out beautifully.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:37 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
Which is a strong net loss to the forum, IMO. Whenever I have a question on energy efficiency, cooking, or food in general, my search terms always start out with a reference to his user name. Just yesterday I needed a refresher on his preferred method of cooking turkey. Followed the general idea (high, then lowering the temperature until you coast into the final temperature), and turned out beautifully.
Agreed. He was interesting and often very funny. Remember when he called a particular neighborhood the corner of crack and blowjob?

I read something the other day that said that failure to extend the beltway out to the east has led to stagnation of the area. I know last time I visited Scoop there wasn't really a convenient way to get there from my place.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:04 PM

581 posts, read 456,264 times
We looked at a house in SM and absolutely hated the area. You have to go through the ghetto to get to any of the nice parts. There's a reason 5,000 sq. ft. houses on acre lots are so dirt cheap; nobody wants to live there. I'd rather live in N Las Vegas than Sunrise Manor, and that's saying something.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:31 PM

799 posts, read 708,242 times
Quote:
Agreed. He was interesting and often very funny. Remember when he called a particular neighborhood the corner of crack and blowjob?

I read something the other day that said that failure to extend the beltway out to the east has led to stagnation of the area. I know last time I visited Scoop there wasn't really a convenient way to get there from my place.
Yep...he was a huge asset to this site. His delivery was devoid of sugar coating, but his message was always on the money. Does anyone know if he ever made his escape?

Old 07-23-2017, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachhead View Post
Yep...he was a huge asset to this site. His delivery was devoid of sugar coating, but his message was always on the money. Does anyone know if he ever made his escape?
Not yet, but hes got a plan in the works. Just has to get the family on board.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
We looked at a house in SM and absolutely hated the area. You have to go through the ghetto to get to any of the nice parts. There's a reason 5,000 sq. ft. houses on acre lots are so dirt cheap; nobody wants to live there. I'd rather live in N Las Vegas than Sunrise Manor, and that's saying something.
North LV has firm rules. North of Craig and west of I 15. You follow the rules and it is a nice part of the valley. I lived near Aliante for 13 years and rarely locked my doors. I would not be so complacent on the east side.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:48 PM

561 posts, read 681,221 times
Quote:

To me, a major strike against Sunrise is just the lack of easy access to the highways. My dad lives there. It takes just as much time to make my way from the 95 to his house as it takes to get to the exit.

Old 07-24-2017, 11:37 AM

555 posts, read 775,092 times
I lived in Sunrise Manor in what some might consider 'the ghetto' for several years. Never had a problem. Long time neighbors were very friendly and would always invite me to their parties/cookouts etc.... Never felt unsafe. The parks are a bit run down with the Hollywood Park & Pool being the exception. Freeway access is a pain and rush hour traffic getting to the freeway is also a pain. Never the less, I moved to a 'nicer' part of town and neighbors never talk or come out for that matter ; which makes me miss my old neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas