Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 05:06 PM

6 posts, read 3,819 times

Advertisements

We just bought a home in the Vistas with a pool. We've never had a pool before, so now we're looking for a reliable and reasonable pool service. Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 10:56 AM

930 posts, read 1,817,912 times
try : https://nextdoor.com/neighborhood/no...las-vegas--nv/

neighborhood forum

Old 07-11-2017, 10:30 PM

Thanks! That's a great place to start

Old 07-12-2017, 01:32 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,344,848 times
I know a couple of services not to hire. PM me if you want to know who.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:59 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,072,689 times
AA702 is a poster here on the board who owns a pool service. I don't use his pool service myself, since I take care of my own pool, but I have messaged him to ask for referrals for pool repair services and he has been helpful and has provided good referrals. Plus, just from reading his posts on here, he knows his stuff. You could DM him on the site.

Old 07-13-2017, 07:42 PM

848 posts, read 647,978 times
I would strongly encourage you to learn how to take care of your pool on your own. I have had two horrible providers which resulted in me taking the time to learn about my pool. I had to drain my pool due to their failure to properly maintain the pool chemistry. There are invaluable resources online via YouTube as well as forums such as https://www.troublefreepool.com/ where you can gain the knowledge you need to take care of your own pool. If you ultimately decided to outsource the care of your pool to a pool service company later, you will at least have enough knowledge so someone cannot bamboozle you.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:06 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post
AA702 is a poster here on the board who owns a pool service. I don't use his pool service myself, since I take care of my own pool, but I have messaged him to ask for referrals for pool repair services and he has been helpful and has provided good referrals. Plus, just from reading his posts on here, he knows his stuff. You could DM him on the site.
Second all that. I do my own thing though now physically handicapped enough I cannot maintain all the stuff myself. So I use AA702 who takes good care of me and has for the last 8 or 10 years. If you have trouble getting in touch give me a DM and I will provide name and number.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:07 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_Irish View Post
I would strongly encourage you to learn how to take care of your pool on your own. I have had two horrible providers which resulted in me taking the time to learn about my pool. I had to drain my pool due to their failure to properly maintain the pool chemistry. There are invaluable resources online via YouTube as well as forums such as https://www.troublefreepool.com/ where you can gain the knowledge you need to take care of your own pool. If you ultimately decided to outsource the care of your pool to a pool service company later, you will at least have enough knowledge so someone cannot bamboozle you.
And another vote for troublefreepool. Best around

Old 07-13-2017, 10:52 PM

Thanks everyone for your replies! We've connected with AA702, plus troublefreepool.com is a wealth of information. With these two great resources, we're on our way to happy pool ownership :-)

Old 07-14-2017, 12:20 AM

255 posts, read 451,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvc8 View Post
I was going to recommend this as well. I'm in your area and our nextdoor group is quite active. It's good to know what's going on in your community. But here's a freebee tip. If you ever park your vehicle in your driveway, it could get broken into. If that happens and your garage door opener is stolen, it's the same as leaving your door unlocked. They can come back and get into your house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas