Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 12:18 AM

67 posts, read 103,122 times

Advertisements

I cant speak for vegas ..but since reading all these posts about vegas and how there are no jobs..then people saying there are... I looked up my city in Michigan just to see the threads and there are tons of people saying there are no jobs here either..and for people not to move here..well my husband and I have jobs..live in a decent neighborhood and have managed to save a couple thousand of dollars doing so. So I believe there are negative people everywhere..saying don't move here there are no jobs..but maybe no jobs for them..but jobs for the other people..or maybe there negativity is just what isn't landing them jobs..We are planning on moving from here..just for a change of pace..but as for all the threads of negativity..MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHANGE YOUR WAY OF THINKING AND THINGS COULD TURN OUT BETTER FOR YOU...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 08:30 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
good post, but in reality and all seriousness, you need at least six months savings coming out here with nothing.. coming with a couple grand is a huge mistake..

Old 06-24-2009, 11:52 AM

24 posts, read 104,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittypawsdl View Post
I cant speak for vegas ..but since reading all these posts about vegas and how there are no jobs..then people saying there are... I looked up my city in Michigan just to see the threads and there are tons of people saying there are no jobs here either..and for people not to move here..well my husband and I have jobs..live in a decent neighborhood and have managed to save a couple thousand of dollars doing so. So I believe there are negative people everywhere..saying don't move here there are no jobs..but maybe no jobs for them..but jobs for the other people..or maybe there negativity is just what isn't landing them jobs..We are planning on moving from here..just for a change of pace..but as for all the threads of negativity..MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHANGE YOUR WAY OF THINKING AND THINGS COULD TURN OUT BETTER FOR YOU...

I agree. I did just that. I am happy to say I will be moving to the other coast at the end of July.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:52 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
This is the truth. I have had the same security guard job now for 2 and a half years. Even know I work 40 hours a week, the $9.50 an hour just is not cutting it for me. I really needed a second part time job. I got a DUI 3 years ago that just fell off this week, making me now eligible for delivery work again. I went out yesterday and applied for 2 pizza delivery jobs. I just got a call from one of them asking me if I can start Monday. Of course I accepted. This 11.2% unemployment is all crap. It just gives the lazy people who do not want to work something to complain about. I was worried with all the doom and gloom that I probably would not be able to get a second job. From now on, there will be absolutely no sympathy to anyone who says they are laid off or whatever. It only took one day for me to get a job, so it should be the same for everyone else.

Well Folks, I lasted one whole day at my new 2nd job. I just quit it. This is why....

1. They wanted me to wash dishes when I am waiting for orders and/or it is slow.

2. I found out how hard it is to deliver pizzas to apartments. Especially since I lost my glasses a long time ago. My vision is not good. I manage to pass the driver's license eye test by squinting. Even then I barely pass it.

3. People were not tipping me at all which was upsetting since I had to use my own car and gas.

4. Very stressful, and I had to get my hands dirty.

Compare this to my current job that I have had for 2 and a half years now...

1. Sit in an upscale office building overnight with internet, my own kitchen and even cable television to watch all night.

2. Absolutely no work to do at all. My job consists of being inside the building. That's it.

I guess I have been too spoiled by my current job. I realize I have become lazy myself. I will just have to make do on $9.50 an hour is all.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:11 AM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
hmmmmmm did ya notice.....that alll around Vegas is DESERT.....the DESERT
Now if he had trekked through the great Atacama Desert of northern Chile, driest desert in the world with .01 precip. a year with not even a cacti in sight, he'd think our "desert" is a jungle.

That's what I thought upon my return from there, a jungle.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:45 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
Quote:

If you can't find a job in Las Vegas, it is 100% your fault.

This is the truth. I have had the same security guard job now for 2 and a half years. Even know I work 40 hours a week, the $9.50 an hour just is not cutting it for me. I really needed a second part time job. I got a DUI 3 years ago that just fell off this week, making me now eligible for delivery work again. I went out yesterday and applied for 2 pizza delivery jobs. I just got a call from one of them asking me if I can start Monday. Of course I accepted. This 11.2% unemployment is all crap. It just gives the lazy people who do not want to work something to complain about. I was worried with all the doom and gloom that I probably would not be able to get a second job. From now on, there will be absolutely no sympathy to anyone who says they are laid off or whatever. It only took one day for me to get a job, so it should be the same for everyone else.

I would like to make a public apology to everyone for making this post. This job was crap that I lasted only 1 day on. I have since looked for a 2nd job the past few weeks, and have found that there are absolutely no jobs out there. I now understand why people are on unemployment. I will admit I am now worried myself. I am making sure I do a good job at work and will hope for the best.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:08 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,945,533 times
Well, good luck to you, lvd!

Old 07-09-2009, 08:14 AM

106 posts, read 222,846 times
Quote:
I would like to make a public apology to everyone for making this post. This job was crap that I lasted only 1 day on. I have since looked for a 2nd job the past few weeks, and have found that there are absolutely no jobs out there. I now understand why people are on unemployment. I will admit I am now worried myself. I am making sure I do a good job at work and will hope for the best.

Wow!!! Sometimes when unemployment hits you personally, your views on the unemployed also change. People are not lazy. People want to work.

Unfortuantely at this time in Vegas................THERE ARE NO JOBS!!!!!

Old 01-31-2010, 07:25 AM

91 posts, read 269,996 times
Quote:
Wow, this has to be the first apology or retraction by and member on CD ever
Props to you LVD, dream big and constantly be scanning for opportunity

Old 01-31-2010, 08:48 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parking View Post
1. No Jobs
2. No Jobs
3. No Jobs

Need I Say More.................
If you are retired and don't need a job then this is not a reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas