Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 10:50 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,337,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
............like punishing the guilty and not the innocent.....
Innocent? Not exactly, some are gang members and some are free loaders that don't even qualify:

Gang member facing murder charges was spared deportation under Obama program | Fox News

I imagine if Congress finally agrees on something it would be on the basis if someone qualifies to remain here like someone that has gone through college and can thus get a green card. Thus, coming here young and illegally won't be an automatic free pass.

Last edited by WildWestDude; 09-15-2017 at 10:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 10:54 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,218,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
It's quite possible by selective enforcement of laws combined with millions of people surging across our borders.
Actually the total is down from a peak in 2007. And Mexicans are down close to a million.

And at this point over stayers outnumber border crossers.

So as the over stayers are coming in through are airports what is it you are proposing?

Old 09-16-2017, 12:04 AM

6,357 posts, read 11,802,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
LOL what a bunch of continual hogwash! Blah, blah, blah......

You just don't like what I have pointed out and you have opposing views which have been blown into pieces while I quoted the constitution and the rule of law, plain and simple. Everything is spelled out in the constitution and you want to beat around the bush like a wondering madman to further your own pathetic ideology in contrast to the interests of the Republic.

Like I said, move on.......
Blown to pieces. OK sure, go collect your prize. I don't need to move on because thankfully we do follow a process here which doesn't consist of appeasing to the common idiot who thinks he's superior to the rest.

Old 09-16-2017, 12:13 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,549,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Actually the total is down from a peak in 2007. And Mexicans are down close to a million.

And at this point over stayers outnumber border crossers.

So as the over stayers are coming in through are airports what is it you are proposing?
I'm aware that Mexicans are just the face of the issue. People all over the world are coming here and flaunting the immigration laws. I didn't stumble into this thread with a solution. I said that I agree with the children staying. I also said I understand the frustration many have.

Old 09-16-2017, 01:02 AM

469 posts, read 489,676 times
Quote:
My children are 26 and 24, respectively. Don't worry your pretty head about fake news or scary liberal ideas like punishing the guilty and not the innocent. We'll take it from here.

-- The Moderates.
I bet you must agree that illegals have the right to vote.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:33 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,337,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Blown to pieces. OK sure, go collect your prize. I don't need to move on because thankfully we do follow a process here which doesn't consist of appeasing to the common idiot who thinks he's superior to the rest.
Just the response expected when cornered and having else to say. So brilliant LOL

Old 09-16-2017, 08:52 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,035,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soclose View Post
I bet you must agree that illegals have the right to vote.
I bet you'd be surprised to hear that I am very anti-illegal immigration, and very much in favor of a merit based system. I'm just not stupid enough to want to chop off my nose to spite my face by deporting young adults that we've already paid to vaccinate, educate, etc.

People that just want to scream " throw them all out!" are black and white thinkers with no nuance. A traight often found in four year olds.

Have a nice day.

Old 09-16-2017, 09:20 AM

496 posts, read 363,749 times
Quote:
I bet you'd be surprised to hear that I am very anti-illegal immigration, and very much in favor of a merit based system. I'm just not stupid enough to want to chop off my nose to spite my face by deporting young adults that we've already paid to vaccinate, educate, etc.

People that just want to scream " throw them all out!" are black and white thinkers with no nuance. A traight often found in four year olds.

Have a nice day.
Yes, we should keep vaccinated illegals?

Old 09-16-2017, 09:24 AM

472 posts, read 375,681 times
Quote:
flaunting the law
that right there is what should irk EVERY American citizen. When foreigners can come here by the millions and ignore our laws with impunity.

Old 09-16-2017, 09:57 AM

469 posts, read 489,676 times
Quote:

Have a nice day.
Your making assumptions that it's hate. But it's actually compassion that I have for the American people and those who came here legally through our immigration process. Excuses like "it takes too long" "you need money" "it's not fair". Obviously the point is to understand that "Nothing in this World is Free". So we're pretty much saying that we shouldn't hold these parents accountable for their actions coming here illegally and having their kids understand what they did is illegal? No one is above the law and it's part of accountability. It took my grandparents 15 years to make it to America, I've served and deployed for my country (USA). I consider myself American first above all else because being an American is God's greatest privilege to have, so I'm truly grateful. Im for sure that there are many people that feel the same way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas