Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2017, 04:51 PM

41 posts, read 72,343 times

Advertisements

Anyone one got anything coming up, let me know.
Has to be a "nicer" neighborhood but probably no HOA.
Thats my only stips!

I've called on a handful of places and it seems the day places hit the internet they are already rented.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2017, 05:37 PM

250 posts, read 229,426 times
Welcome to the board and to Vegas. Some sort of specific geographic location, IE neighborhood, part of town, so forth, and a price point ($) might get you a little more traction.

Old 09-07-2017, 06:25 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebluesummer View Post
Anyone one got anything coming up, let me know.
Has to be a "nicer" neighborhood but probably no HOA.
Thats my only stips!

I've called on a handful of places and it seems the day places hit the internet they are already rented.

Thanks!
Easy to find. 14 or so on a quick look...the good neighborhood ones however are mostly above $2500 a month. There are a few exceptions...but they will be tricky..

Reality you will do better renting a parking space unless you are prepared to go over 2500 a month.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:12 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,073,711 times
Not many "great neighborhoods" (Anthem, Summerlin, etc.) have RV parking. Pretty much limited to custom homes in those areas, which as lvmensch said, will be pricey. Same with no HOA, not many "great" no HOA neighborhoods.

Old 09-07-2017, 11:48 PM

Thanks for the welcome!

Ya, yall have stated what seems to be the case..
I guess I really dont need rv parking, I have a carpet/tile/upholstery cleaning business and will be storing 3 vans, so I guess 3 car garage or even 2 car garage would be fine... just definitely will need a drive way too fit the vans.
This is the one I called on today and it was already snagged up in 1 day:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...63329757_zpid/

The no HOA thing is, I am sure most wouldn't like wrapped vans in the driveway.

On the same side I don't want to see any blue tarps on my street covering up folks precious collections, and want to also be close to a park, or walking trail, to take Earnie ( my pug. )

Being close to a Whole Foods and a high end gym would be be pluses too!

Im from Coeur d' Alene Idaho mainly, I've also lived in Phoenix, Sacramento, Santa Barbra, Blackwell OK, and Redding CA. Love all those places except Redding.
Im more city then country, but love nice, positive people of any sort. Im a single dude, 32 years old and hope to find Miss. Longterm.

Budget.. I am hoping to stay under 1500/mo

Area.. closer to the middle of the whole spread the better as I will love being able to stop at home and let my pug out at lunch time some days.

I was steered to spring valley but I dunno, I guess I might be unrealistic with the rv parking situation to stay under 1500/mo.

Thanks for all the reply's, greatly appreciated!
Charlie

Old 09-08-2017, 01:49 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
$1500 not going to happen.... unless its old (like the example you gave)

Old 09-08-2017, 10:30 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,153,055 times
you need to use a realtor. Too many scams in this town be VERY careful!

Old 09-08-2017, 11:16 AM

Funny I actually have an office and ive thought how funny it would be if I got there and the office was now a hotel and my money is in the air.
Any realtor you can reccomend?

Old 09-08-2017, 01:12 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,552,260 times
Define "good neighborhood". Limiting yourself to no HOA is problematic. Not all HOAs have problems with work vans, especially if they are parked in the back yard of a house with RV parking. Your best bet is to look at houses in horse zoned neighborhoods where 1/2 acres are most likely to accommodate your need.

Last edited by ddrhazy; 09-08-2017 at 01:46 PM..

Old 09-08-2017, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Easy to find. 14 or so on a quick look...the good neighborhood ones however are mostly above $2500 a month. There are a few exceptions...but they will be tricky..

Reality you will do better renting a parking space unless you are prepared to go over 2500 a month.
wow so... you just saved me a potential huge mistake! Now after investigation the law states

So even with RV parking its not gonna work in a Residential district. So that means I have to get a commercial building to put vans? "
Can I park a commercial vehicle in a residential district?
No, the primary function of all vehicles in a residential district must be for the transportation
of passengers and must be under a weight limit of one (1) ton."
and
"No storage of materials, equipment or supplies is allowed."

via: http://www.cmg-hoa.com/cmg/picture/c...rce_qustns.pdf

So even with RV parking its not gonna work in a Residential district. So that means I have to get a commercial building to put vans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: