Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2011, 09:47 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,963,487 times

Advertisements

Why do people deal with HOA's?? You buy a home and are told what you can and can't do..That's like being double married. You know at some point someone is going to go on a power trip. As for the father with the pretty daughter..Click, Click,,,Then get ready for but dad "He loves me...He treats me like a woman"..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 06:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,865 times
I'm more concerned about the future water shortage in Las Vegas, a basic necessity. Everyone seems to have their head in the sand about that!

Old 03-06-2011, 07:13 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
There's plenty of water for all! It's not like the city is in the middle of the desert or something!

Oh wait...

Old 03-12-2011, 07:36 PM

4 posts, read 6,647 times
Default bring back the old boys

I loved Vegas. its the greatest city in the world. So I thought until recently. I have significantly reduced my visits to sin city due to grand larceny @ one of the strip high end hotel. I was fooled and tricked into then drugged. Its no longer fun and its dangerous out there. tourists beware... we are an easy target. Vegas tries to hide all the dark sides but its pretty seriously bad out there. people offering drugs on strip bridges, hookers every where(stealing anything they can take), con artists and fly by the nitebusinesses promise and luring you for sex or money, and thieves, Also watch out for the taxi drivers who tries to lure you to places too.
Cops told me crimes like mine is soo common in vegas yet it goes without being reported. I miss the old days.... when it was safe at least while loosing my money.

I predict that current vegas will be the new norm. People will be gambling less and all the outrageously costly clubbing and pool parties will pass. Just look at Palms or HRH. How stable are their busi. model? I personally have been there and done that so numerously its no longer fun and with threating and literally dangerous atmosphere I prefer to go spend my money elsewhere safe.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:50 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
The economy is continuing to deteriorate and crime is now going through the roof. I am literally scared living in the crappy neighborhood I live in now.

Look at today's news:

Northeast residents concerned about recent crime surge in area - KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:. (http://www.ktnv.com/story/14238523/northeast-residents-concerned-about-recent-crime-surge-in-area - broken link)

Badly decomposed body found in car near CCSD headquarters - KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:. (http://www.ktnv.com/story/14240912/badly-decomposed-body-found-in-car-near-ccsd-headquarters - broken link)

Suspect arrested in taxi driver's murder - KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:. (http://www.ktnv.com/story/14239753/suspect-arrested-in-taxi-drivers-murder - broken link)

Thief takes car with 2-year-old inside - KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:. (http://www.ktnv.com/story/14239830/car-thief-takes-car-with-2-year-old-inside - broken link)

Old 03-12-2011, 07:57 PM

4 posts, read 6,647 times
Default top 10 car theft city

well this goes to prove that vegas needs some order. A Cleaning up of sort. we all needs to freshen up. in fact I am doing my spring cleaning of my office.

Old 03-12-2011, 08:07 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
The economy is continuing to deteriorate and crime is now going through the roof. I am literally scared living in the crappy neighborhood I live in now.

Look at today's news:

Northeast residents concerned about recent crime surge in area - KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:. (http://www.ktnv.com/story/14238523/northeast-residents-concerned-about-recent-crime-surge-in-area - broken link)

Badly decomposed body found in car near CCSD headquarters - KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:. (http://www.ktnv.com/story/14240912/badly-decomposed-body-found-in-car-near-ccsd-headquarters - broken link)

Suspect arrested in taxi driver's murder - KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:. (http://www.ktnv.com/story/14239753/suspect-arrested-in-taxi-drivers-murder - broken link)

Thief takes car with 2-year-old inside - KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:. (http://www.ktnv.com/story/14239830/car-thief-takes-car-with-2-year-old-inside - broken link)
Nonsense.

Crime has dropped throughout the recession.

Las Vegas crime rate is better than virtually anywhere in the midwest.

Sin City is actually relatively free of crime. And what does occur in general involves druggies and such.

Old 03-12-2011, 08:15 PM

328 posts, read 726,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrh505 View Post
I loved Vegas. its the greatest city in the world. So I thought until recently. I have significantly reduced my visits to sin city due to grand larceny @ one of the strip high end hotel. I was fooled and tricked into then drugged. Its no longer fun and its dangerous out there. tourists beware... we are an easy target. Vegas tries to hide all the dark sides but its pretty seriously bad out there. people offering drugs on strip bridges, hookers every where(stealing anything they can take), con artists and fly by the nitebusinesses promise and luring you for sex or money, and thieves, Also watch out for the taxi drivers who tries to lure you to places too.
Cops told me crimes like mine is soo common in vegas yet it goes without being reported. I miss the old days.... when it was safe at least while loosing my money.

I predict that current vegas will be the new norm. People will be gambling less and all the outrageously costly clubbing and pool parties will pass. Just look at Palms or HRH. How stable are their busi. model? I personally have been there and done that so numerously its no longer fun and with threating and literally dangerous atmosphere I prefer to go spend my money elsewhere safe.
What did you do?

Old 03-12-2011, 08:19 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,568,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post

Sin City is actually relatively free of crime. And what does occur in general involves druggies and such.
I think this is as much of a gross exaggeration as saying we are riddled with crime. Violent crime does appear to be on the rise in Vegas but whether it has to do with "druggies" or not doesn't make anyone feel any safer. You wouldn't have a vested interest in telling people we are crime free would ya capt?

Old 03-12-2011, 08:22 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Nonsense.

Crime has dropped throughout the recession.
I don't believe that for a minute. It would defy common logic.

"Las Vegas, NV (KTNV)- Shootings, stabbing's, and drugs. Just some of the crimes folks in one part of the Valley say are taking over their neighborhoods."

"It's slowly getting worse, and worse, and worse, within the last five years," says Teressa Schroerlucke, a local resident.

"This year's the worst for cop cars, ambulances, and the like going by," says Mark Ames who also lives close by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas