Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2012, 07:49 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times

Advertisements

There are FEW....VERY few places in the Las Vegas Valley that i would REFUSE to live in ...

#1 Las Vegas Blvd Corridor N to SO three blocks each way
#2 D and Jackson or any of the Alphabet streets
#3 Nellis Blvd 2 blocks either way

Other then that anywhere in the valley on a street by street basis.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 11:56 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,151,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
There are FEW....VERY few places in the Las Vegas Valley that i would REFUSE to live in ...

#1 Las Vegas Blvd Corridor N to SO three blocks each way
#2 D and Jackson or any of the Alphabet streets

Other then that anywhere in the valley on a street by street basis.....
Those three areas should be stickied for new people that want to know what areas to avoid.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:57 AM

80 posts, read 144,947 times
I see alot of pros, cons, and opinion/poster-attacking on this topic. Why this topic should be such a hot topic is beyond me.

Honestly if you want to get a good idea and make your own mind up, I'll quote any realtor or rental company:

"Check it out for yourself."

Google Crime Stats for City of Henderson and Las Vegas. Do a search.

Draw your own conclusions based on actual police reports, and not opinions/reactions based on people who are afraid or ignorant, or those who have actual individual experiences that are often argued/considered trolling/dismissed for being in the minority, or people who are biased (ie someone living in a nice secure location with friends/money/a secure well-paying job vs. someone who works for a living and doesn't have luxury or priviledge).

You don't need opinion when you have the cold facts. Remember - it's not only your livelihood but it's YOUR LIFE.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:07 PM

2,281 posts, read 1,580,488 times
So which are the bad zip codes? I was looking at 89106 ( to buy a rental ). I know the areas I would consider living in. As far as crime, I once saw a guy in a Lexus get out of his car and fight some biker dude near a post office (in the daytime) from road rage there in a nice part of Vegas.

Of course, LV will be dangerous & tough. It is a city built on gambling industry, young people lose money & need to get it back somehow, people drink more alcohol, come there to do drugs since it is a party town, and hot chicks attracting guys in clubs (think spring break). Then you have the boxing element, and now violent MMA has risen in popularity. Biker gangs regularly visit Vegas and nearby areas. Whaddaya expect, c'mon now. Oh, and you have NY & NJ transplants more tough people. You want similar prices and maybe less crime, go to Phoenix, (it's about the same 120 degree heat) . Still, there's some streets there you don't want to drive through either.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:29 PM

611 posts, read 950,723 times
Jeez Von...I like South Nellis (x Vegas Valley Rd) and feel very safe and love my neighbors and all the amenities. Do you mean North Nellis? My husband and I walk to PT's Pub and over to Albertsons and restaurants all the time. I know we all have our opinions but to make Nellis one of your top 3 "bad" areas makes me wonder why???

Old 03-04-2013, 09:18 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,151,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by binionrat View Post
Jeez Von...I like South Nellis (x Vegas Valley Rd) and feel very safe and love my neighbors and all the amenities. Do you mean North Nellis? My husband and I walk to PT's Pub and over to Albertsons and restaurants all the time. I know we all have our opinions but to make Nellis one of your top 3 "bad" areas makes me wonder why???
Personally, I feel that all of Nellis is safe. I'm thinking more for the fragile single mom with zero street smarts. Also, I said around the base was seedy, not southern Nellis. I have co-workers that live in that area with zero issues. Vegas Valley is much safer than Nellis and Craig.

Posted from Nokia 8210

Old 03-04-2013, 09:27 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,940,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
So which are the bad zip codes? I was looking at 89106 ( to buy a rental ). I know the areas I would consider living in. As far as crime, I once saw a guy in a Lexus get out of his car and fight some biker dude near a post office (in the daytime) from road rage there in a nice part of Vegas.

Of course, LV will be dangerous & tough. It is a city built on gambling industry, young people lose money & need to get it back somehow, people drink more alcohol, come there to do drugs since it is a party town, and hot chicks attracting guys in clubs (think spring break). Then you have the boxing element, and now violent MMA has risen in popularity. Biker gangs regularly visit Vegas and nearby areas. Whaddaya expect, c'mon now. Oh, and you have NY & NJ transplants more tough people. You want similar prices and maybe less crime, go to Phoenix, (it's about the same 120 degree heat) . Still, there's some streets there you don't want to drive through either.
So, if LV is "dangerous and tough" because of gambling, partying, young people losing money and drinking more and drugs...what excuses do the other REAL dangerous cities have? Like Detroit, Chicago, DC...? Oh, yeah, many of those things exist in those cities too! BTW, there is a zero tolerance for drugs here...they really don't mess around. It isn't a total free for all. And most of those things you mention are things that are prevalent on the Strip, not Las Vegas. They all have streets you might not want to drive through...yet they are driven on by someone.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:03 AM

611 posts, read 950,723 times
Ah, thanks Von...All I saw was
I agree about the north end of Nellis. It's almost impossible to get into your vehicle at shopping centres up there without a tweaker wanting money from you...They seem to come out of nowhere. The south end seems to have a whole lot of us friendly Canadians snowbirding and retiring in that area as it so much cheaper for safe gated condos than other more desirable areas and brand new communities.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:25 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,488,907 times
@Kimba

Meth labs and marijuana grow houses in Clark County have been raided way too many times in the suppose to be nice neighborhoods in town including the Mt Charleston area.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:58 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,792,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
@Kimba

Meth labs and marijuana grow houses in Clark County have been raided way too many times in the suppose to be nice neighborhoods in town including the Mt Charleston area.
I don't think there has been a nice area meth lab in a long time. The way of making meth has changed.

Grow houses are found once in a while. Nothing particularly bad about grow houses.

Make for a quiet neighborhood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas