Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2017, 07:10 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I think security needs to extend to the areas around the venue.
ALL venues need to have metal detectors and bag check before entry in to the venue.
The block around the venues that are commonly used for transit to and from the events have no vechile entry and be blocked off.

I go to a lot of events and am personally feeling more need to actually contact venues and my own local government to push for more rules regarding manditory levels of basic secutiry for concerts and other public events.

I have been to certain events this year and seriously need neverous.

For example we had events on Canada in my city and I have really worried in those big crowds, but was really happy with the efforts by police services to maintain very high security. They did certain things that I thought were brillant and certainly increased my level of confort. We can never remove all risks... but we need to work harder to minimize risks.

I can personally tell you hands down if I really wanted sneak a gun or other device in to concert or venue like that in my city I could do it with ease at certain venues or cerntain concerts. If I have figured that out it scared the hell out of me because that means someone else with bad intentions could too. So now I am actually feeling I have a responsibility to share this information with these venues to help then be aware of the risks and the gaps in their security.
It is not really a solvable problem. Some clever perp will find a way. All you can really do is take reasonable precautions so it is not easy and hope the talented ones screw up in their preparation and come to the attention of law enforcement.

And some like this one we simply count our dead and lick our wounds. Nothing much to do. While it is sad this guy did this awful thing it could have been much worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 07:15 PM

17,262 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
What I want to know is why is there so little video of this?

Past 10 pm.....it was dark! Shooter was in a concealed spot 32 stories up (not sure a rooftop or traffic camera would catch that action) and oh yeah, people were running for their lives!

Old 10-04-2017, 07:16 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,112,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Past 10 pm.....it was dark! Shooter was in a concealed spot 32 stories up (not sure a rooftop or traffic camera would catch that action) and oh yeah, people were running for their lives!

I don't mean video of the shooter. I don't expect any video of that....

But I have people hanging out my window at 3am taking videos of random crap on a daily basis. The "it's dark" argument doesn't work.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
I don't mean video of the shooter. I don't expect any video of that....

But I have people hanging out my window at 3am taking videos of random crap on a daily basis. The "it's dark" argument doesn't work.
There are thousand of hours of video. The FBI has an 800 number soliciting public video. There are hours and hours of surveillance video. In fact I suspect the biggest problem is figuring out how to go through it all.

And there are at least rumors that the perpetrator videoed the process. The way this guy organized I would suspect he has his rationale planted some where...likely in video.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:31 PM

373 posts, read 348,439 times
Very true every video that has surfaced seeems to be of the same 1-2 angles from the back of where every was

Also how was this set up it said 22k were ok that area every footage I see looks like maybe a thousand

While he was open firing for a good chunk of time before anyone ran screamed and before Aldean even left the stage where were all the people he was hitting ? He was laying on the trigger and everyone in clear sight of the footage seemed to be un touched and un aware what was happening so where was everyone gen was hitting ?
Because any farther right from where we were shown in video seemed to be tents and the road

Old 10-04-2017, 07:35 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,112,421 times
It's a good size venue and from ground level you wouldn't be able to see much. I drove by the event earlier that day. There was a lot of people there. Way over 1,000

Old 10-04-2017, 07:37 PM

9,521 posts, read 16,503,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
The USA of today makes me puke! This is not the US I grew up in...WTF is wrong here?
It makes me puke also. Every year I drivr thru Newtown CT , where the shooter killed all thelittle kids in the school. It bothers me terribly, and all the more so that nothing was done. This Vegas shooting just brings it all back. Nothing will be done as all the others. It will all be what can we do, as the gun lobbys and NRA holds us hostage. Our politicians to afraid to deal with this disgrace of a problem. Not even the most minor of solutions will come about. Knowing full well it's only a matter of time before the next shooting. I lost much of my respect for America after the CT shooting. I don't feel this country cares enough to say enough is enough. I'm sorry to say it's a form of a decaying mentally ill society, that is incapable of taking action. Absolutely Disgraceful.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:40 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,637,875 times
Regarding the questions about videos: we're only seeing the ones that the FBI has released to the public. There are likely many, many videos (such as security tapes from the hotel) that haven't been released.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:41 PM

Our perpetetrator however was foiled on his big deal. He apparently fired heavily on the aviation fuel tanks at McCarran according to the RJ. Would that have not been wonderful?. Tens of thousands of gallons of aviation fuel blowing up into the retreating concert goers.

God He was evil.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:42 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,637,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Yes
That is very low/starter dose
And frankly it is more a signal that he was under pressure/stress and was not dealing with it very well
Maybe he did have significant losses since he was apparently a long-time poker gambler
Maybe he had losses he couln't cover
Maybe he had issues that lead him to not be as successful has he had been in the past

But not the kind of medication level that would push someone into an act of violence like Paddock committed
And I am sure he will have extensive medical analysis
According to the media reports about the prescription for valium, he only filled it once. One thought that occurred to me is that he may have gotten the valium to keep himself calm during the event. In other words, so that he didn't panic, or loose his nerve about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas