Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2017, 02:26 PM

247 posts, read 254,140 times

Advertisements

When I bought my house 2 years ago it was missing a patio screen door so I called screen mobile for a quote and was quoted 250 for a 8 ft tall 3 ft wide sliding door,question has anybody used these guys before?or can someone recommend a company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 08:48 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
I saw a really cool one in a Solutions catalog on an airplane recently. Magnetic. Google it. I'm totally getting one. I hate traditional screen doors.

Old 11-06-2017, 08:50 PM

222 posts, read 225,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macklessdaddy View Post
When I bought my house 2 years ago it was missing a patio screen door so I called screen mobile for a quote and was quoted 250 for a 8 ft tall 3 ft wide sliding door,question has anybody used these guys before?or can someone recommend a company.
96 inch screen height is unusual, but $250 does seem high unless the case material is something special.

You can buy a 96 x 36 inch screen here for $109, plus whatever shipping is.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:34 PM

247 posts, read 254,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basnobua View Post
96 inch screen height is unusual, but $250 does seem high unless the case material is something special.

You can buy a 96 x 36 inch screen here for $109, plus whatever shipping is.
I thought of going that way but scared that with my luck the door I have will be like an 1/8 of an inch off and it won't fit and I'll be out of 125 or whatever bucks

Old 11-06-2017, 10:49 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
I thought of going that way but scared that with my luck the door I have will be like an 1/8 of an inch off and it won't fit and I'll be out of 125 or whatever bucks
You sure you need it? We have a pair of double French doors and simply open them. No screens. Only insects we run into are flies some years if the horse neighbors are not doing proper hygiene. And we deal with that with fly traps not screens. Want to use our patio and screens would not protect it.

Only actual problem is we get a bird inside every 3 or 4 months. Then it is a rush to get the bird before the cat does. We win virtually all the time..or should I say the bird does. Hummers can be fun too. They are actually impossible to nail but they quickly end up hiding in some simple place and I just grab them gently.

Old 11-06-2017, 11:18 PM

775 posts, read 776,194 times
You can also get hanging screen curtains, similar to what is commonly used on fireplaces, only a lighter mesh. The can be drawn open or closed like curtains, whether the door is open or closed. Might be an answer, keeps out the bugs, creates privacy and is more flexible than a door and can fit odd size doorways.

Old 11-06-2017, 11:34 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You sure you need it? We have a pair of double French doors and simply open them. No screens. Only insects we run into are flies some years if the horse neighbors are not doing proper hygiene. And we deal with that with fly traps not screens. Want to use our patio and screens would not protect it.

Only actual problem is we get a bird inside every 3 or 4 months. Then it is a rush to get the bird before the cat does. We win virtually all the time..or should I say the bird does. Hummers can be fun too. They are actually impossible to nail but they quickly end up hiding in some simple place and I just grab them gently.
To catch a bird...

Use a light shirt or smock. Hold it open by the shoulders. When the bird flies past you throw the shirt in front of it in the open position. The shirt will wrap around the bird without hurting it. Pick up the shirt and take it outside. Release the bird.

Worked in a garden center years ago and canaries were always getting out, or birds flew in when the doors were open to the garden area. I'm guessing I caught around 100 birds this way.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:12 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,056,992 times
Is the door itself actually missing? Its pretty easy to replace the screen in one if its missing....

Old 11-09-2017, 02:34 PM

3,109 posts, read 2,970,654 times
I just put a few yellow, cfl, bug lights in my parents house. They were 7 bucks at Lowes. Works great at not attracting bugs by the doorway, where the lights are. Finding the screen doors is harder than you might think, but 250? No way. Think out of the box a little. The one that was there was likely a thirty dollar job. The rollers freeze up, then the doors bend.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:07 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,344,848 times
Quote:

The wheels on the bottom of the door are easily adjustable up or down with screws that operate with a standard Phillips screwdriver. An eighth of an inch shouldn't be an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas