Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 01:30 PM

18 posts, read 128,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
Irony is someone complaining about a lack of education with a run on sentence, 4 commas, and a misspelling.

I would also like to point out that your chosen SN speaks volumes about who you think you are. Perceived self worth is not necessarily the same as true self worth, and a tell tale sign of perceived self worth is arrogance.

FWIW, I don't have a college education so if it makes you feel better you can hold that one over my head. Keep in mind, however, that it does not mean I am not intelligent. I just chose not to base my education on some $75K a year professors opinion on what I should know and learn.

- People don't always type like they're writing research papers and business proposals all the time. I think ya noe dat much.

- Let me play the same stupid game. Your username makes you sound lame/unfunny, married with rugrats, and materialistic. What people think of themselves is their business. Get a grip! Who cares if some people think that they are better than you? Realistically speaking, many people probably are better than you at a number of different things and in many different ways.

- No one needs to know that you do not have a college education because no one was speaking directly to you until now. Notice that you were one of the very few who felt the need to defend your intelligence after reading this post. Insecurity? I think so. Get over yourself! If anyone is holding anything over your head, it is you. By the way, you probably are intelligent...just as many prison inmates and psychopaths are considered intelligent by some

Unrelated to the gentleman above---Attention to all who are seriously considering relocating to Las Vegas---

This forum, as well as many other forums, is influenced by those who work in the real estate business. Someone's tireless defense of the city of Las Vegas could be related to their professional roles and duties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 02:49 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,847,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepmead03 View Post
- People don't always type like they're writing research papers and business proposals all the time. I think ya noe dat much.

- Let me play the same stupid game. Your username makes you sound lame/unfunny, married with rugrats, and materialistic. What people think of themselves is their business. Get a grip! Who cares if some people think that they are better than you? Realistically speaking, many people probably are better than you at a number of different things and in many different ways.

- No one needs to know that you do not have a college education because no one was speaking directly to you until now. Notice that you were one of the very few who felt the need to defend your intelligence after reading this post. Insecurity? I think so. Get over yourself! If anyone is holding anything over your head, it is you. By the way, you probably are intelligent...just as many prison inmates and psychopaths are considered intelligent by some

Unrelated to the gentleman above---Attention to all who are seriously considering relocating to Las Vegas---

This forum, as well as many other forums, is influenced by those who work in the real estate business. Someone's tireless defense of the city of Las Vegas could be related to their professional roles and duties.
1. If one is to comment on a specific topic of discussion then one should not look foolish by being a hypocrite. Noone is asking for a term paper, but one with more "education" should realize that your grammar and punctuation on an internet forum are how people will perceive you, and to simultaneously talk down on less educated people while exhibiting the characterisitics of one who is less "educated" is pretty much a no-no in my book.

2. My user name was not meant to be funny. I am also married with children. I don't understand how your point on that issue was supposed to be insulting, I am very proud of the fact that I am a husband/father as most real men should be. I will readily admit I like nice things. The difference is that I don't call myself "Warren Buffet" while talking down on those less fortunate than me. Do you understand my comparison there? Making any sense? I noticed that you changed your user name as well your highness. Also, I'm sure that there are people that are better at certain things than I am, that does not make them better people then me. See the difference there? Context means everything.

3. Since the original point was about how "educated" Las Vegas is, my rebuttal is completely relevant. My point about how college does not necessarily make you smart is equally relevant. The need to bash those that you feel are less educated than you exposes your insecurities. The fact that you need to bash, or attempt to anyway, my marital and parental status exposes your insecurities. Equating me with felons and mentally disturbed people exposes your insecurities. The fact that you felt not only the need to post this, but to also send me two direct messages with the same exact text exposes your insecurities.

If you would like to have a grown up discussion regarding relevant issues as opposed to trying to degrade me I would be more than happy to. I don't even mind if it gets heated, but instead of making wild accusations that have no bearing on reality at least have the common courtesy to make sure that your assumptions have some semblance of reality to them.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:50 PM

285 posts, read 785,232 times
This is nonsense. Vegas is your basic 2 million population southwestern city that has gaming as its largest industry.

Shepmead '03 appears immature and comes to a very shallow conclusion of the city and its inhabitants. If you are new to the city, as I was in 2000, you will tend to meet/become friends with people in your profession or in your neighborhood. If your profession is college-educated, you will meet college educated people and so on.

As for San Francisco - res ipsa locatur (how's that for education?)

As for Honolulu - can you say Karl Marx?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas