Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2017, 08:08 PM

3 posts, read 1,758 times

Advertisements

Hi Just need straight to the point advice about these areas..im looking to move around the area of south valley view boulevard/ w sahara/ and with a child possibly attending Ed W Clark High School. I was very excited about this, until I refreshed my crime map and saw robberies going on around the high school area, and other crimes that made me think I'd be fearful of moving there. I think this is the Charleston and Rancho area? Is this area a little rough or more like hell no don't move there? Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2017, 10:41 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by navikay View Post
Hi Just need straight to the point advice about these areas..im looking to move around the area of south valley view boulevard/ w sahara/ and with a child possibly attending Ed W Clark High School. I was very excited about this, until I refreshed my crime map and saw robberies going on around the high school area, and other crimes that made me think I'd be fearful of moving there. I think this is the Charleston and Rancho area? Is this area a little rough or more like hell no don't move there? Thanks for any help!
Don't. Clark is two schools. The regular local one which is not very good and the magnet school which is as good as any in the County. The Clark zone is basically the area between the strip and Jones Blvd. Anywhere near Rancho is not zoned to Clark.

And if you are not familiar with how Clark works you do not want to send a kid there.

And you do not generally want to live anywhere along Valley View. Things get livable west of Decatur. East of Decatur is commercial and scum.

Old 10-30-2017, 01:02 PM

Ok...thank you! I'm still confused as I didn't know there is a certain way Clark operates( 2 schools in one?). I would like to rent at the walker apartments on 2700 valleyview. Is that still considered a really bad area. And would Clark high school be assigned while living there. I really want to move to nevada. Henderson and other areas are out of budget. I'm on a fixed low income. I can only afford this place. I just don't want someone climbing in my window to burglarize as a common occurrence to an area...or sticking my son up who's just walking to school or stores.we don't worry of that too much now...so i don't want to worry about that living there either lol..i dont know if that's the chatlston or rancho area or what. i want to safely mind my own business while living, shopping and enjoying places Vegas has to offer.
Anymore feedback?

Old 10-30-2017, 01:05 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
West of Decatur, west of Rainbow is better. Anything near the strip is poop.

Old 10-30-2017, 02:13 PM

Lol, ok I'm trying to go over the map now! thanksss
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: