Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 01:28 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,826,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
OP be careful. If it is in or beneath the slab it is an HOA problem. In standard condo ownership you only own to the paint on the wall. Anything behind the paint or below the rug is part of the condo common property.
There can be variants but on this they are rare.
Does not mean you are free and clear. The condo rules may provide charge back of the cost for repairs to a system which serves a limited number of units.
Under any circumstances don't do anything without involving the HOA.
Man, I missed that!!! Yeah, OP - contact your Association/Board ASAP - don't do another thing before you do!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2017, 10:55 PM

1,047 posts, read 725,295 times
Thumbs up Thank u

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
OP be careful. If it is in or beneath the slab it is an HOA problem. In standard condo ownership you only own to the paint on the wall. Anything behind the paint or below the rug is part of the condo common property.
There can be variants but on this they are rare.
Does not mean you are free and clear. The condo rules may provide charge back of the cost for repairs to a system which serves a limited number of units.
Under any circumstances don't do anything without involving the HOA.

I appreciate all y'alls comments.

The insurance company ripped up the wall/interior.
Some restoration company left huge things that blow air to dry.
He did tell us next step is to contact HOA.

And insurance still needs to send a precise detector. He said the other guys came and said they could HEAR it was not good enough for them to make an estimate on assistance. I don't blame them.

From there on I guess it will be open the cement or fix it w just the wall open. I really don't know what they are doing.
Now of course roommate is watching plumbers on youtube non stop and thinks he may be able to fix it. Knowing he has done small repairs in past but has issues w slab links. I think they can be harder. THough I do see non plumbers sleeving it rather fast and saving a lot of money.
What do y'all think of sleeving? Insurance guy said you loose too much volume and doesn't recommend it much.

Old 12-31-2017, 07:23 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,826,047 times
You're delving into significant liability issues here - WAY too many to let a "buddy youtube it to learn how to fix". Sleeving.....no. Just no. Loss of water flow AND you don't even know where the issue is - but you have to dig down to connect each end. What if the problem is in the midst of several T's? No - this IS something for a pro - if you mess something up and damage the condo itself, you're going to be sued out of existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: