Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 09:29 PM

2,719 posts, read 3,489,189 times

Advertisements

One of my sister's home is in a neighborhood without HOA, her next door neighbor rents out to Section 8 family. There is a basketball hoop in front of the neighbors house on the street. Anything goes when there is no HOA. Thanks but no thanks to investor owners. Ruining it for everyone.

If I live in that neighborhood, I would be calling the police and have that basketball hoop removed from the street. It is a nuisance. Street is not a basketball court. Go to the park where there are areas for sport activities. These same teenagers also trash the area with litter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2018, 09:47 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
What if the basketball hoop was in the driveway or backyard?

Old 03-12-2018, 01:49 AM

You missed my point, the basketball hoop is on the street, bouncing balls can hit cars and it is also not safe for teenagers out on the street. We are not talking about bouncing ball noise here, but the nuisance these teenagers cause by playing on the middle of the street, litter, damage to vehicles........

I don't care what they do in their backyard get that crap off the street, having it on a driveway is also not acceptable, the bouncing ball can still hit other cars and these teenagers will still run off and on the driveway.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:45 AM

91 posts, read 124,614 times
\
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin1 View Post
I'm very upset with the realtor. I saw "The German Shepherd Store" on Google Maps and asked specifically to have it checked out. Told her barking dogs would be a deal breaker. Tried calling TGSS multiple times, no answer. Web site mentions a breeder but no info, intentionally under the radar, won't answer phone calls, no links, address etc.

If I can't win the barking dogs issue, I'm in for a fight with the realtor. I can't live next to barking dogs 24/7. I really don't know how anyone on this street can. There are four houses that back up to his property and the incessant dog barking.

I did find this: https://pets.thenest.com/nevada-law-...dogs-4430.html

What do you think the chances are of getting this resolved in favor of sanity?

I know this doesn't help you, but your first mistake was assuming that your realtor gave a crap about anything other than getting their commission check. There are plenty of realtors who take their business seriously and conduct themselves with a high ethical standard, but you should never leave it up to chance. It is up to YOU to do your due diligence; saying "well the realtor told me so" seems a bit like you're pushing off your responsibility. YOU are the one making a decision on where to live and paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for the property.

Old 03-12-2018, 09:28 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,804,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggzy702 View Post
\
I know this doesn't help you, but your first mistake was assuming that your realtor gave a crap about anything other than getting their commission check. There are plenty of realtors who take their business seriously and conduct themselves with a high ethical standard, but you should never leave it up to chance. It is up to YOU to do your due diligence; saying "well the realtor told me so" seems a bit like you're pushing off your responsibility. YOU are the one making a decision on where to live and paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for the property.
I would have to agree with this. Neither the selling agent or listing agent have real incentives other than to get their commission checks. Obviously they don't want to get fined or sued in the process, but their main goal is to complete the transaction so they get paid.

It's a numbers game. Quantity over quality.

In the end, it's the biggest financial investment you are likely to ever make, so why would you put complete faith into a 3rd party's hands?

Old 03-12-2018, 11:01 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
I would have to agree with this. Neither the selling agent or listing agent have real incentives other than to get their commission checks. Obviously they don't want to get fined or sued in the process, but their main goal is to complete the transaction so they get paid.

It's a numbers game. Quantity over quality.

In the end, it's the biggest financial investment you are likely to ever make, so why would you put complete faith into a 3rd party's hands?
I agree for the most part. From a logical point of view, you are absolutely correct, and when I bought my second home, it wasn't an accident that it pretty much abutted master-planned Aliante. I scoured the zoning, and figured out a way to get my kids zoned for different high schools.

That said, taking advantage of someone's naïveté is a well proven way to make money, but not sleep at night with a clean conscience. The realtor did this man no favors and got paid for it.

Old 03-12-2018, 04:58 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,516,374 times
^^^that is why he should turn her in.

We need to clean this town of crappy real estate agents.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:07 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
You missed my point, the basketball hoop is on the street, bouncing balls can hit cars and it is also not safe for teenagers out on the street. We are not talking about bouncing ball noise here, but the nuisance these teenagers cause by playing on the middle of the street, litter, damage to vehicles........

I don't care what they do in their backyard get that crap off the street, having it on a driveway is also not acceptable, the bouncing ball can still hit other cars and these teenagers will still run off and on the driveway.
I think you missed my point. It’s in a driveway. Not in the street. And WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE NOISE. The violation specifically says that! And the driveway does not back into a street!!

Old 03-12-2018, 08:27 PM

1,624 posts, read 1,705,983 times
Folks, if you read my original post, I said I could not be there to check things out. Stop telling me I should have checked it out. My wife and step son did what they could. I asked the realtor to confirm there was not a problem with barking dogs.

I'm not going to "turn her in". No point, I don't want to pursue it.

Frankly, at this point, this thread is dead to me. I know my options and will deal with it when I get my house in order.

Thanks to all who contributed.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
I think you missed my point. It’s in a driveway. Not in the street. And WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE NOISE. The violation specifically says that! And the driveway does not back into a street!!
YOU ARE talking about the basketball noise I did not mention anything about it on MY post. Regardless of how you feel about the basketball hoop in the driveway, it is still a nuisance and the driveway is NOT a basketball court. Bouncing ball can still hit a parked car on a driveway. Besides these teenagers will also be running back and forth from the street to the driveway which is also not safe.

Majority of cookie cutter homes in Clark County are in tight spaces so that the driveway is closer to the neighbors driveway and the street. Spin it all you want, basketball hoop does not belong on a driveway.

As far as the OP with the barking dogs, goodluck, low lifes here do not care their dogs are barking day and night disturbing you. I dealt with it in the past, the HOA/management company did nothing. Eventually the people left but I was miserable for a long time with a dog barking from morning till night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas