Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 11:23 PM

96 posts, read 80,559 times

Advertisements

Hello folks, does anybody live here?
How do you like this place?

Can you walk your dog within the community?
I know there are strict HOA rules, but can you park the car on your driveway (not street) during the night?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 04:00 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Painted Desert has multiple HOAs. There is the Painted Desert Master Plan which makes overall rules and then many of the neighborhoods have their own HOA.

Lots of dog walkers so that is not a problem. I expect the driveway parking rule will vary between the HOAs.

If you rent you should get a copy of the HOA docs from your LL. In general standard leases require you conform to the HOA rules. If you buy you get a copy of the docs before you close.

Old 03-15-2018, 05:59 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,517,494 times
What you don't learn in here!

I have never heard of the painted desert master plan and have lived here since 2000!

Old 03-15-2018, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
What you don't learn in here!

I have never heard of the painted desert master plan and have lived here since 2000!
That is strange, since you need to pay HOA fee for both (master and sub HOA).
Master HOA is called Painted Desert Community Association (PDCA), and it contains 14 subassociations.

Are you renting?

Old 03-15-2018, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Painted Desert has multiple HOAs. There is the Painted Desert Master Plan which makes overall rules and then many of the neighborhoods have their own HOA.

Lots of dog walkers so that is not a problem. I expect the driveway parking rule will vary between the HOAs.

If you rent you should get a copy of the HOA docs from your LL. In general standard leases require you conform to the HOA rules. If you buy you get a copy of the docs before you close.
Thanks for info, yes i read the rules, just was not sure about dogs, since some communities are almost all private area.

Do you live here? How do you like it?

Old 03-16-2018, 03:48 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectras View Post
Master HOA is called Painted Desert Community Association (PDCA), and it contains 14 subassociations.

Are you renting?
Nothing strange about that. We pay the master fee and the sub fee where I live. We are in a gated neighborhood and the other neighborhoods not gated only pay the master.

Old 03-16-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:

Are you renting?
Oh I wasn't clear, sorry. By here I meant Las Vegas and don't know where PD Master Plan even is, never heard of it.

Own and live in Summerlin.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Oh I wasn't clear, sorry. By here I meant Las Vegas and don't know where PD Master Plan even is, never heard of it.

Own and live in Summerlin.
Got it!
Summerlin is nice area.

I wish we have some community/neighborhood forums, so we can meet the neighbors... or maybe it is only me who would like to meet the neighbors.

Old 03-17-2018, 03:02 AM

243 posts, read 238,057 times
Ann Road at the 95.

Old 03-18-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Got it!
Summerlin is nice area.

I wish we have some community/neighborhood forums, so we can meet the neighbors... or maybe it is only me who would like to meet the neighbors.
There is one. It's your local surrounding area. https://nextdoor.com/city/las-vegas--nv/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas