Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 11:47 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabtrees View Post
That was me. I'm glad you gave them a try and it worked out. Not sure why more people in the valley don't use them. Cheers.
At 4% total for Redfin it was a bargain

I’m going to sell the rental properties next year and use Redfin again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 10:35 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
I have a friend that moved from Vegas to Santa Barbara and rents a cottage by the ocean. 900 sq feet 3,000 a month. He’s nuts but loves it.

I think Vegas is a safe bet for a $400k home. In my opinion I wouldn’t touch anything over 800k. That niche is not heating up. The homes sit
They don't, though. Our budget is $800K to $1.4M and it's hard to find much of anything for sale in that range. There are VERY few good options. I've only found one I like actually in that entire range and it was Axis in Henderson, the Wall plan. Even then the sales lady said it could be pushing above $1.4M. Luxury builders are selling out their communities so fast it's concerning as a buyer. I probably won't get into that development because the sell-out time is forecast at around a year, it's already half sold out, and we're not looking to put down money for a year and a half, moving in two.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:19 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,491,051 times
Just came back from Boston and what a big difference with both metropolitan areas. Metropolitan Boston is world class. Las Vegas is still a long ways compared to Boston. Entertainment wise, Boston has so much to offer similar to Vegas but one thing I love there is their dedication to outdoor lifestyle, every corner you turn there is green space with lots of sitting areas. Vegas can learn and should do the same not just on the Strip but in the suburbs as well. Don't tell me we live in the desert its hot, well it is freaking cold in Boston during the Winter but that did not stop them from offering parks with sitting areas everywhere you turn.

Culture and History Boston has it in the bag, no comparison. Air was so clean in Boston (with all the trees/ocean/bay breeze) I was there for one week and my nose was never clogged. Green after green, never ending greenery. It's like a forest everywhere and in the freeways.

After being back in Vegas for one day, my nose is already clogged. Well we live in the desert and the air is not clean, that is a given.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:24 AM

Oh the only remaining greenery we have on the Strip might become a parking garage for that stupid stadium. The golf course across the 'Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas' sign. Clark County commissioners should turn that into a green space not just for visitors but locals as well but then again their priorities are messed up really.

Oh have they laid off more people at the Clark County School District because of budget cuts/lack of budget? I have not checked the local news yet. Oh well we are going to have a stadium in a couple of years so forget about those getting laid off, right?!??

Old 06-16-2018, 11:48 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
Just came back from Boston and what a big difference with both metropolitan areas. Metropolitan Boston is world class. Las Vegas is still a long ways compared to Boston. Entertainment wise, Boston has so much to offer similar to Vegas but one thing I love there is their dedication to outdoor lifestyle, every corner you turn there is green space with lots of sitting areas. Vegas can learn and should do the same not just on the Strip but in the suburbs as well. Don't tell me we live in the desert its hot, well it is freaking cold in Boston during the Winter but that did not stop them from offering parks with sitting areas everywhere you turn.

Culture and History Boston has it in the bag, no comparison. Air was so clean in Boston (with all the trees/ocean/bay breeze) I was there for one week and my nose was never clogged. Green after green, never ending greenery. It's like a forest everywhere and in the freeways.

After being back in Vegas for one day, my nose is already clogged. Well we live in the desert and the air is not clean, that is a given.
You been in Boston in a snow storm? Ever spent time there in the winter when the ocean winds blow right through your bones?

I spent a good bit of time there in my working years and am actually pretty fond of the place. It reeks of US history. But it has significant draw backs. Congested. Lousy traffic flow. Cold, damp and miserable much of the year. And it stinks on a calm day just like NYC does.

Old 06-16-2018, 01:30 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
Boston sucks! What are you talking about with green space?! Vegas leads the country! At least pretend to know about the city lol. In Henderson and Summerlin there are more parks and green space than you’ll find anywhere for the size of city. It’s not even close.

If you want to put up with horrible Boston winters have fun with that. Vegas has world class entertainment. Boston has The Dig and the hated Red Sox and Patriots. Couldn’t pay me enough to live there. And high tax Mass. full of tax and spend liberals. That place has a long ways to go - like centuries of global warming the liberals fear - before it could ever be habitable for human population lol.

Old 06-16-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You been in Boston in a snow storm? Ever spent time there in the winter when the ocean winds blow right through your bones?

I spent a good bit of time there in my working years and am actually pretty fond of the place. It reeks of US history. But it has significant draw backs. Congested. Lousy traffic flow. Cold, damp and miserable much of the year. And it stinks on a calm day just like NYC does.
I used to live in New Jersey and I have been in Boston during the colder months. Yes difference between Boston and Vegas is night and day. Don't get me wrong, I love Vegas otherwise I would not be living here for over 32 years.

I was in Boston for over a week, smells fine with me, CLEAN air, as I have said never had a problem breathing nor my nostrils clogged. Got back in Vegas and after one full day, my nose is clogged with gunk.

Traffic is miserable in both cities during rush hour but Boston has the commuter rail if you don't feel like dealing with traffic. Park your vehicle in one of the parking garages and take the train to the city center. That is what we did for a few days this past week.

Weather wise, Boston is miserable a few months during Winter, Vegas suck a few months during Summer so its a draw.

Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway is world class greenery in the center of Boston and then the city also have the Boston Public Garden and Boston Common. Wow mind you there are more greenery on this city also the brand new Fan Pier and its offering are also a class on its own, it's like the City Center on the Strip.

Oh another important and essential thing, they got electrical outlets on some of the parks so if your camera or phone need charging or you want to go online in your computer, just plug in. Hahaha that's what I did during my visit.

Old 06-16-2018, 02:46 PM

927 posts, read 883,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post

I have the same thoughts when I visit other major cities in the summer months.

Old 06-16-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Boston sucks! What are you talking about with green space?! Vegas leads the country! At least pretend to know about the city lol. In Henderson and Summerlin there are more parks and green space than you’ll find anywhere for the size of city. It’s not even close.

If you want to put up with horrible Boston winters have fun with that. Vegas has world class entertainment. Boston has The Dig and the hated Red Sox and Patriots. Couldn’t pay me enough to live there. And high tax Mass. full of tax and spend liberals. That place has a long ways to go - like centuries of global warming the liberals fear - before it could ever be habitable for human population lol.
I love Vegas and Boston. Boston people are educated, Vegas well........hahaha. Tax and spend liberals, hahaha gotta love some people. Guess what the quality of life in Boston is better. The city has deep history, museums, public art, education, world class hospitals, world class parks, sports.......Boston blows Vegas off the desert. Sure its expensive but then again they get paid more as well.

Summerlin and Henderson, hahaha you call that greenery, that is nothing compared to what's in Boston. Heck just drive in the freeway in Boston and you have forest like ambiance left, right and center of the freeway. In the suburbs driving on the street is the same way, canopies of trees on both sides of the street.

As I have said the air is cleaner courtesy of the greenery, mature trees..........Oh I have photos to prove so don't even dare!

Old 06-16-2018, 04:17 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

And grouchy people there too. I’ve been to Boston, no thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas