Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 09:30 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times

Advertisements

Mystery solved. In the surgical ICU at a local hospital. No word yet on what happened but will likely find out eventually.

There was a bit of luck. Not in one of the nearby hospitals but across town. However the hospital chain maintain a joint record base so we got it from a chain member on this side.

Now what to do. I expect we simply wait until he is out of the ICU. Luckily not going to be a large problem for the landlord as it is a paid off winter home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 09:39 AM

8,145 posts, read 8,345,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
If you are the landlord and own the place, aren't you entitled to enter the premises without jumping through all the hoops? You must have a key? You have reasonable concern to enter and it's not like you're just barging in. If the guy is dying you might be doing him a favor.

I would get over there with or without the cops ASAP.
^^^ that. I’m not a landlord in NV but where I have properties the LL must give 24 hours’ notice to enter unless there is an emergency. This would qualify as an emergency as well as satisfying the 24 hours b/c no response to emails/texts, etc.

Glad to hear mystery solved!

Old 07-10-2018, 09:50 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,028,651 times
Hope he will be OK! Glad the mystery is solved!

Old 07-10-2018, 10:03 AM

The problem was that the person who normally provided service to the place was recently incapacitated and we were working on obtaining access to the garage door opener.

Either way we were going to open it today and planning on using Metro for the actual entry.

I have to be a little careful here as I do not have a legal relationship with the LL at the moment. So I have nothing but nosy busybody status.

The tenants friends have begun working the issue. So hopefully they will be able to help get this squared away.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:10 PM

699 posts, read 2,219,015 times
Frankly, I think it's pretty crappy that you know that this extremely good tenant of 3 years is in the hospital in the ICU and you're going to make entry anyway. FFS. Give the guy a break. His history indicates he's very responsible and reliable and if his circumstances weren't extraordinary, he would have got in touch. I'd bet he's make good on whatever is owed, even if he doesn't renew.

Where's the respect for this man? Or is this just another case of "it's about contracts and money"?
A really good tenant is a good thing. A really heartless LL is a bad thing.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe2ofus View Post
Frankly, I think it's pretty crappy that you know that this extremely good tenant of 3 years is in the hospital in the ICU and you're going to make entry anyway. FFS. Give the guy a break. His history indicates he's very responsible and reliable and if his circumstances weren't extraordinary, he would have got in touch. I'd bet he's make good on whatever is owed, even if he doesn't renew.

Where's the respect for this man? Or is this just another case of "it's about contracts and money"?
A really good tenant is a good thing. A really heartless LL is a bad thing.
Read it again. This time for comprehension. We now simply await his exit from the ICU and will then try and make contact through his friends. If it gets into August the LL may need to do something further. And we may somewhere along the line enter the home to make sure it is secure. The lock on the front security door for instance has been removed and should be replaced.

But at this point this is an entirely friendly affair.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Read it again. This time for comprehension. .

I fully comprehend this:

"Either way we were going to open it today and planning on using Metro for the actual entry. I have to be a little careful here as I do not have a legal relationship with the LL at the moment."

My post was in response to these statements specifically.

There is no emergency. Now that you know that are friends or family of said tenant in the mix, there is NO reason to enter until the tenant or his go-between has the opportunity to intervene and address whatever minor security issue that may or may not need immediate attention.

All I'm saying is that the sky is not falling and there is no need to enter his property. Ya'll need to show a smidge of respect.

Old 07-10-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe2ofus View Post
I fully comprehend this:

"Either way we were going to open it today and planning on using Metro for the actual entry. I have to be a little careful here as I do not have a legal relationship with the LL at the moment."

My post was in response to these statements specifically.

There is no emergency. Now that you know that are friends or family of said tenant in the mix, there is NO reason to enter until the tenant or his go-between has the opportunity to intervene and address whatever minor security issue that may or may not need immediate attention.

All I'm saying is that the sky is not falling and there is no need to enter his property. Ya'll need to show a smidge of respect.
Note the bolded. "were". That is because we were unable to determine that he was not in the home. The obvious concern was that the tenant was dying or dead inside. That to me is an emergency.

And we will see how it unfolds. It may all work smoothly or go up in smoke.

The standard burglary entrance in Sun City is to kick in the front door. This one is now vulnerable with the inoperative security door. The LL may well decide to correct that.

And the LL may well decide to enter the property in the immediate future. That is his prerogative.

And again at this point this is an entirely friendly transaction with the LL trying to do his best to aid the tenant even though he is under no obligation to do so. He is going out of his way to aid a well liked tenant.

So kindly stop with the crepe hanging.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:18 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,028,651 times
If I was the tenant I would be happy to know that someone knew about my problem and was securing the property in my absence. There are lots of older people who live alone and we do worry about things like this.

Old 07-11-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Note the bolded. "were". That is because we were unable to determine that he was not in the home. The obvious concern was that the tenant was dying or dead inside. That to me is an emergency.

And we will see how it unfolds. It may all work smoothly or go up in smoke.

The standard burglary entrance in Sun City is to kick in the front door. This one is now vulnerable with the inoperative security door. The LL may well decide to correct that.

And the LL may well decide to enter the property in the immediate future. That is his prerogative.

And again at this point this is an entirely friendly transaction with the LL trying to do his best to aid the tenant even though he is under no obligation to do so. He is going out of his way to aid a well liked tenant.

So kindly stop with the crepe hanging.

First you made this all about a 'mystery' in which you are not a legal party. You stuck your nose into someone else's business.

Then when you post that the tenant has been located, incapacitated in the ICU, you used the words "EITHER WAY you WERE", all the while confirming you do not have ANY legal right to be part of any entry and that the tenant's people, (who are not you, btw, or LL) will be addressing any issue at hand.

Your last paragraph fully supports that the LL and you are more concerned about a couple of hundred dollars (that aren't yours) than the gains (approx $40K in rent) the tenant faithfully paid over the course of his residency.

This isn't your fight or your right or your property. This is you being disrespectful and condescending.
You're just pissed that I called you out on it...

"the down side..."???? lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: