Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 03:04 PM

927 posts, read 878,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayview6 View Post
This is a much of baloney. The demand for housing in Anthem is high. I live there and the place is safe. 89044 has the highest per capital income in Clark County.

The demand for housing here is going to zoom in 2020 when the Raiders open their HQs a few miles away. I’m getting calls already wanting to know if I want to sell my house.
Nope. Fake news.

Everyone I know in Henderson is selling their homes. Especially those with a pool. Sell right now.

I don't want to see you lose all that equity before the market crashes.

How do I know it's going to crash? Well, I can't afford a house, so that means the prices will come down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2018, 03:13 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,264,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye212 View Post
I’m not saying it’s anything like the areas around Nellis, just that it’s going downhill. I’m only posting it as a warning for transplants to not buy in that area based on its past reputation.

BTW the house I sold was zoned for Liberty.
Thanks Hawk!

Old 07-30-2018, 03:42 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,823,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
Nope. Fake news.

Everyone I know in Henderson is selling their homes. Especially those with a pool. Sell right now.

I don't want to see you lose all that equity before the market crashes.

How do I know it's going to crash? Well, I can't afford a house, so that means the prices will come down.
You must be thinking of Henderson SC. When was the last time you drove St rose Parkway? The construction there as well as in Inspirada is significant. Real Estate around here is still reasonably priced given the number of houses for sale is rather low. And did I mention safety? It is so safe around here that it is boring. I never see a patrol car. I know that you guys are just joking but out of towners might get the wrong idea. If you want to afford a house, move to Fallon.

Old 07-30-2018, 04:11 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,067,636 times
Quote:
Talking about Scoop, what is he up to these days.
Getting ready to buy a coffee farm in Hawaii, if the deal goes through.
( Knocks wood )

Old 07-30-2018, 04:28 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,525,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye212 View Post
I just moved from Anthem (south Henderson) because of the dramatic increase in crime over the last 2 years. My house was broken into twice. Drug houses and robberies was not what I had signed up for when I had purchased 7 years prior. In talking to Henderson PD, they believe it is members of California gangs moving into the community. I have since moved to the Summerlin/ Lone Mountain border and feel much more secure.
They're just trying to get moved into town before their favorite football team does!

Seriously though, that's the price of overbuilding, and the price of being the "next state over" from a state that the underclass is rapidly being pushed out of.

Old 07-30-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
They're just trying to get moved into town before their favorite football team does!

Seriously though, that's the price of overbuilding, and the price of being the "next state over" from a state that the underclass is rapidly being pushed out of.
California gang members are probably moving to LV but I very much doubt that they are moving to anthem. The HOAs here are very strong. Sun City Anthem is the biggest and you have to 55 to buy. Anthem Highlands has a lot of police and fire higher ups residing there. As for Madeira Canyon, not a chance. Inspirada they might get by for awhile but eventually they will get identified by their behavior.

Most of those people live in the shadows in places like Nellis or the Tower.

Old 07-30-2018, 06:44 PM

2 posts, read 1,413 times
Quote:
Nice first post John. News for you. HQs very different than training camp. More news: 89044 different than Tempe AZ. We are talking about 150 good paying jobs plus players. I doubt that many will want to commute all the way from the other side of the Valley.
When you use “ news for you,” you should have your facts straight. The “facility” I am referring to is their headquarters. The Cardinals are based in Tempe and train in Glendale. Second the average income in my census tract in over $200,000. Obviously you have never been to south Tempe. Just as employees do for the Cardinals, Las Vegas Raiders employees will live throughout the metro area.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johntheelectrician View Post
When you use “ news for you,” you should have your facts straight. The “facility” I am referring to is their headquarters. The Cardinals are based in Tempe and train in Glendale. Second the average income in my census tract in over $200,000. Obviously you have never been to south Tempe. Just as employees do for the Cardinals, Las Vegas Raiders employees will live throughout the metro area.
Gee, I’m sorry John. I thought you were talking about the baseball team. I had never heard about this football team in AZ. My bad. But like I said before, the area around south Henderson is not the same as the Tempe area.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:51 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,711,243 times
Inside your home. Every neighborhood has its own rotten apples.

Old 07-30-2018, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johntheelectrician View Post
Tempe average family income is $68k, the per capita income about $28k. What zip code are you in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas