Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 12:30 PM

14,229 posts, read 29,925,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Klondike bars! Sugar free chocolate and Krunch. And they are delicious.

I posted this in another thread. The one about Thrifty ice cream.

Here:
Actually it was your post that made me GO to Smith's looking for SF ice cream/popsicles/fudge bars. I used to buy them all the time and I realized I was missing them. And yes I still want to try that ice cream with the malt balls in it!

I bet those Klondike's are wonderful but even the SF ones have 22 or 24 carbs and 1 of those would be my carbs for the whole day. I usually stay at between 20 and 30 carbs per day. I'm not diabetic, it's just the easiest way for me to stay thin.

The best low carb thing Smith's has now is the low carb wraps in the tortilla section. The store brand(Kroger) is the best one. I use these instead of bread. And they make great quesadillas too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
Hi OP,

Walmart in SoCal carries a sugar free Cherry/Pineapple popsicle that is very inexpensive...like $1.80 for a 12 pack. They resemble the old missle pops.

I am guessing they carry them in LV as well. We have had best luck at the Walmart Neighborhood markets. Only downside is they frequently sell out.

As an aside, I like several of the no sugar added deserts at the Main St Station buffet.
Thanks! I will brave the crowds and look for them! And yes MSS has great NSA desserts!

Old 08-02-2018, 01:24 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,522,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oeccscclhjhn View Post
Maltitol Syrup

Maltitol is a disaccharide produced by hydrogenation of maltose obtained from starch. Maltitol syrup, a hydrogenated starch hydrolysate, is created by hydrogenating corn syrup: a mixture of carbohydrates produced from the hydrolysis of starch; this product contains between 50% and 80% maltitol by weight.

Interesting. There are others listed at the end of the article.

https://www.healthline.com/health/fo...altitol-safe#3

Old 08-03-2018, 10:21 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,047,379 times
I use Stevia in The Raw, usually. The undigestable alcohol sugars taste great, but be warned, they are also great laxatives. Docs don’t usually do a great job of communicating on carbs as a whole. I’ve met folks who think white rice is healthy. It’s not. It’s a meal-stretcher and source of carbohydrate energy. If you’re working your ass off in the fields, this is a good thing, but most of us aren’t doing manual labor much anymore, and we can afford nutritious meals of plants and proteins.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I use Stevia in The Raw, usually. The undigestable alcohol sugars taste great, but be warned, they are also great laxatives. Docs don’t usually do a great job of communicating on carbs as a whole. I’ve met folks who think white rice is healthy. It’s not. It’s a meal-stretcher and source of carbohydrate energy. If you’re working your ass off in the fields, this is a good thing, but most of us aren’t doing manual labor much anymore, and we can afford nutritious meals of plants and proteins.
I keep trying to force myself to like stevia but it just tastes bitter to me. Lots of people think it's great. Wish I liked it!

Back in my salad days, decades ago, I had an eternally effortlessly thin friend who went on her first diet ever. Doritos and chocolate milk. Then she asked me why it didn't work...

Last edited by yellowsnow; 08-03-2018 at 11:50 AM..

Old 08-03-2018, 11:53 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,084,083 times
Since cutting out all of the sugar that I can ( the many names of sugar ), the only thing left was my coffee. I had been using splenda and or equal, then stopped equal, then stopped splenda. Tried stevia - and finally cut that and drink it black. Tastes fine now.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I keep trying to force myself to like stevia but it just tastes bitter to me. Lots of people think it's great. Wish I liked it!

Back in my salad days, decades ago, I had an eternally effortlessly thin friend who went on her first diet ever. Doritos and chocolate milk. Then she asked me why it didn't work...
That’s why I only use that one brand. It’s mixed with dextrose which cuts the aftertaste / bitterness, but adds glycemic load a pinch.

I am not giving up real sugar in my coffee though. Not today, not tomorrow, and not next Tuesday either.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Since cutting out all of the sugar that I can ( the many names of sugar ), the only thing left was my coffee. I had been using splenda and or equal, then stopped equal, then stopped splenda. Tried stevia - and finally cut that and drink it black. Tastes fine now.

Yes. Avoid aspartame. It crosses the blood / brain barrier. Research shows it can be harmful to brain matter. As if our brains weren’t fried enough this summer!

Old 08-03-2018, 12:52 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,084,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Yes. Avoid aspartame. It crosses the blood / brain barrier. Research shows it can be harmful to brain matter. As if our brains weren’t fried enough this summer!
no kidding < ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ study search results

of course it all depends on who funds said study: The Corruption of Evidence Based Medicine – Killing for Profit, Dr. Jason Fung 4-9-2018

Last edited by oeccscclhjhn; 08-03-2018 at 01:09 PM..

Old 08-03-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
no kidding < ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ study search results

of course it all depends on who funds said study: The Corruption of Evidence Based Medicine – Killing for Profit, Dr. Jason Fung 4-9-2018
My mom was a little religious and once said “ nothing that man made is better than what God made”

I think trans fats proved that. My mom also used the F word often, so she wasn’t a fanatic.

Grass fed cows are healthy. Their milk and butter are good for you. But those products are expensive. The fake stuff is more affordable. Don’t trust it. And feeding cows grain makes them sick, so they give them antibiotics. I wish we would change the subsidized stuff.

Last edited by NLVgal; 08-03-2018 at 02:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas