Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 08:54 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,479,171 times

Advertisements

Totally agree with above post. ^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 03:34 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,660,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFLANYSFLA View Post
Wow never knew it actually snowed. Btw traffic in the Bay Area has gotten about 10x worse since 2007...

It snows every year on Mt. Charleston, and you can go skiing and snowboarding in Kyle Canyon. It rarely snows on the lower hills, but it does occasionally.

Traffic around here can be fun. I miss Japantown, Pier 39, and the Russian part of town, out in the avenues to the west of Japantown.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:40 AM

169 posts, read 476,048 times
thanks to clarkcity & chahunt

Old 08-05-2018, 11:43 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,663,073 times
Seven Hills in Henderson probably deserves consideration as well...very nice area, some properties with really nice views. If I was going to choose a master plan and pay a premium to live somewhere in the Valley, it would be a strong contender.

Older parts of Summerlin are quite nice.

Count me in with the locals who would buy somewhere other than Summerlin. For the same money I would much rather have a larger lot and fewer restrictions.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:09 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,627,020 times
I’m just chuckling at 4 bedrooms in Summerlin for $375K?!? Ok... most of the houses I’m looking into are 4 bedrooms and about $1.2M to $1.7M. Maybe if you found a house with like 4 tiny bedrooms and no common areas and no backyard, maybe? It’ll be increasingly hard finding anything decent under $400K in Summerlin, though. And as much as I love the area too be open minded because the other posters here convinced me to look everywhere and be open minded. I started realizing there are quite a few very nice areas of Vegas worth looking into and it’s not all about Summerlin. Although I would still say I’m leaning that direction, it’ll depend more on the house and the community around it. The pathetically small lot sizes in Summerlin (short of a $3-4M lot) are a definite negative, though. You do get more for your money even in nice areas like Green Valley. If you look around, it was my first ignorant impression that all of the nice houses must be in Summerlin. That’s just not true. There are $5-10M mansions in Henderson and wealthy pockets of the city almost everywhere. Just gotta be open minded and look!

Old 08-06-2018, 10:42 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,258,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I’m just chuckling at 4 bedrooms in Summerlin for $375K?!? Ok... most of the houses I’m looking into are 4 bedrooms and about $1.2M to $1.7M. Maybe if you found a house with like 4 tiny bedrooms and no common areas and no backyard, maybe? It’ll be increasingly hard finding anything decent under $400K in Summerlin, though. And as much as I love the area too be open minded because the other posters here convinced me to look everywhere and be open minded. I started realizing there are quite a few very nice areas of Vegas worth looking into and it’s not all about Summerlin. Although I would still say I’m leaning that direction, it’ll depend more on the house and the community around it. The pathetically small lot sizes in Summerlin (short of a $3-4M lot) are a definite negative, though. You do get more for your money even in nice areas like Green Valley. If you look around, it was my first ignorant impression that all of the nice houses must be in Summerlin. That’s just not true. There are $5-10M mansions in Henderson and wealthy pockets of the city almost everywhere. Just gotta be open minded and look!

What are you chuckling about? We aren't all looking in the same price range. Maybe they will take 1.7 for this one https://www.redfin.com/NV/Las-Vegas/.../home/29934239 Why don't you just splurge and go for this one? https://www.redfin.com/NV/Las-Vegas/.../home/29522247

Old 08-06-2018, 01:01 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,664,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
What are you chuckling about? We aren't all looking in the same price range. Maybe they will take 1.7 for this one https://www.redfin.com/NV/Las-Vegas/.../home/29934239 Why don't you just splurge and go for this one? https://www.redfin.com/NV/Las-Vegas/.../home/29522247
Brag factor?

Old 08-06-2018, 04:56 PM

44 posts, read 66,204 times
Oh boy. I saw plenty of 3-4 br beauties even sitting on a private lagoon in summerlin for under 400k. I look on redfin. I know there are million dollar homes, but there are homes in my budget as well. But I will take suggestions and look into enterprise, henderson, etc, some more. Its just that I saw some new developments and those developments look nice but then literally down the street I would see indications of gang activity. It seemed very block by block, 1 nice block, 1 ghetto looking block. Coming from SF we have that here and I am so over it. I want to be surrounded and enclosed by nice, clean, surburban sprawl lol. I want to be able to take my kids and puppy on walks at sunset without a worry in the world. I just got that feeling in summerlin over other places I saw.

Old 08-06-2018, 05:19 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,664,092 times
Quote:
Oh boy. I saw plenty of 3-4 br beauties even sitting on a private lagoon in summerlin for under 400k. I look on redfin. I know there are million dollar homes, but there are homes in my budget as well. But I will take suggestions and look into enterprise, henderson, etc, some more. Its just that I saw some new developments and those developments look nice but then literally down the street I would see indications of gang activity. It seemed very block by block, 1 nice block, 1 ghetto looking block. Coming from SF we have that here and I am so over it. I want to be surrounded and enclosed by nice, clean, surburban sprawl lol. I want to be able to take my kids and puppy on walks at sunset without a worry in the world. I just got that feeling in summerlin over other places I saw.

And ignore the "pretentious" comments re Summerlin. I've been here 4 years and met a lot of people from both Sun City and Summerlin and have seen very little of it. When I do I find somewhere else to be.

Old 08-06-2018, 05:39 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,258,516 times
Quote:
They are around Im on the hunt also. Nothing is making me more happy than all the price drop emails I'm getting. Good for us and keep em coming!

Last edited by Prosze; 08-06-2018 at 06:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas