Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 06:10 PM

245 posts, read 169,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Wow. Most people just call me the opposite of what they are. You got it right.

most people are lower iq and less educated than me. so let's get into these woods. do you think police is necessary? if so, will you have your own private police and I will have my own?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 06:33 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,118,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsrightfam View Post
most people are lower iq and less educated than me. so let's get into these woods. do you think police is necessary? if so, will you have your own private police and I will have my own?

Not really the place for this discussion, but ideally we'd all be our own police force.
I have a big gun. You have a big gun. We leave each other the F alone.
My thoughts are abolish the police entirely. Chaos will ensue for a bit then order will be restored with a lot fewer people.
The police don't do much other than extort money from people for victimless crimes. It's mainly their existence that keeps some order. Their actions aren't doing anything to quell crime. They're actually making things worse. The police literally took more from people than all criminals combined. 1/8th of murders are done by police. The drug war is the cause of most murders, thefts, and other crimes. The police are at the forefront of that. I'd much rather see a populous that was self sufficient protect itself from one another than the totalitarian police state we have. If you want more, message me. I'll happily discuss all you want.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Not really the place for this discussion, but ideally we'd all be our own police force.
I have a big gun. You have a big gun. We leave each other the F alone.
My thoughts are abolish the police entirely. Chaos will ensue for a bit then order will be restored with a lot fewer people.
The police don't do much other than extort money from people for victimless crimes. It's mainly their existence that keeps some order. Their actions aren't doing anything to quell crime. They're actually making things worse. The police literally took more from people than all criminals combined. 1/8th of murders are done by police. The drug war is the cause of most murders, thefts, and other crimes. The police are at the forefront of that. I'd much rather see a populous that was self sufficient protect itself from one another than the totalitarian police state we have. If you want more, message me. I'll happily discuss all you want.
Why not discuss in public? Hopefully others can learn something. If they censor us then we can move to private.

1. "Not really the place for this discussion, but ideally we'd all be our own police force.
I have a big gun. You have a big gun. We leave each other the F alone."

That simply won't work. For many reasons. The primary being that we don't leave each other the F alone. We never have and never will. That's not human nature. A certain % of the population will commit crime. It's not practical for each person to run their own police force. I'm giving you just one example of a service that's not practical to "ancap". What about the courts? Jails? Military? Fire? Emergency medical? Not even going into stuff like water supply which is more debatable.

2. If you think about it police are private company. A state is a tribe. The tribe decides to oursource and centralize its policing needs because it makes sense and hires what's known as the police. It's collective buying. And it makes sense. You don't want your wife doing her own investigations after someone steals her car. She's not good at it and probably neither are you. So you say, "OK I will hire company ABC Police"... well you already are through the social contract of your municipality (tribe) with your local PD. Is it perfect? No but nothing is.

3. You can bet your ass chaos will ensue. And it will not go back to being pretty after a little while. It will go back to the rule of the strong - tribal stuff with tribal leaders, etc. And in a few centuries or thousands of years it will again crystallize into... you guessed it? A state. A state is nothing more than social contract that humanity has naturally arrived to after starting off as monkeys in caves and jungles. Look at a prison. Even prisoners run their own "state". Yes, it's very oppressive but there is order. Listen, even monkey tribes in the jungle run their own "states". States are natural. We are social, group creatures demanding hierarchy and order.

4. "The police don't do much other than extort money from people for victimless crimes." - just false. I'm a libertarian with a minimal state. So we agree on the Drug War and most "victimless" crimes. The state is necessary to perform certain tasks which are impossible to perform well otherwise. Does that make me a statist? Well, I guess so. A minimal statist, if you will.

5. "Their actions aren't doing anything to quell crime. They're actually making things worse. The police literally took more from people than all criminals combined. 1/8th of murders are done by police." <- We agree on the Drug War stuff but other than that the above is nonsense.

Old 10-17-2018, 02:26 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,118,948 times
You have fun being a psuedo libertarian. I'm going to go be productive.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:43 AM

555 posts, read 775,548 times
sucks for the local governments/state because they will lose out on fines, fees and forfeiture revenue (with the amendment, whatever money a criminal pays goes to the victim first and foremost until their restitution is satisfied).

less revenue will make local gov/state look for other ways to get that money back and/or they will cut services.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
You have fun being a psuedo libertarian. I'm going to go be productive.
OK bud

Old 10-17-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FML157 View Post
sucks for the local governments/state because they will lose out on fines, fees and forfeiture revenue (with the amendment, whatever money a criminal pays goes to the victim first and foremost until their restitution is satisfied).

less revenue will make local gov/state look for other ways to get that money back and/or they will cut services.
shouldn't it go to the victim first?

Old 10-17-2018, 11:48 AM

Guys, I decided on YES. Why? I remember my experiences being of being a victim of a crime and the police and DA not returning my calls. It sucked.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:23 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,031,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsrightfam View Post

aaand an immediate grammatical error.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
aaand an immediate grammatical error.
because good grammar = high iq or good education. fail
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas