Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 05:45 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,039,825 times

Advertisements

No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2018, 11:01 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,045,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HendoN8V View Post
I live south of 215 (MacDonald Ranch/Anthem border) and it used to be okay but in the last couple years has declined dramatically. We have a lot of car and home break-ins and home invasions. Henderson cops says that they're overwhelmed. Multiple homeless camps have sprouted up along the drainage ditch near my house. We're also experienced three shootings within a mile of my house within the last month. One was in the parking lot of Walgreens right across from the entrance to MacDonald Highlands! A drug deal gone bad. This was a decent area 10 years ago, but it is now in decline. It is now rare that I can even get gas along Eastern without getting hit up for change. Most of my longtime neighbors have moved or are looking to move. For anyone looking to move to the Las Vegas area please look elsewhere. Don't look here based on past reputation as it has changed significantly.
There is no doubt crime is rising again in the Valley and these type of incidents are up everywhere right now.

I suppose you are in Henderson PD jurisdiction but it's pretty clear that none of the valley PDs have a handle on the problems. All of the valley PDs have been bitching about resource issues for years now but I don't buy it. I lived in another metro region that underwent rapid growth similar to LV and we didn't have so many problems. Something else is going on. Probably involves corruption and drug cartels if the huge increase in zombie methheads around town is any indicator.

Old 11-25-2018, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
If you people think it is bad now, wait till the Raiders arrive in town. We will see even more Ghetto from ALL ethnicities. Just make the best of the situation and it helps having full family around you to keep your sanity. Goodluck to us all!
Meh I doubt many will leave Oakland permanently just to follow the Raiders. I don't know anyone who would change their permanent residence for a sports team unless they were on it.

Old 11-25-2018, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Then would you say this is where a lot of the young trendy/hip crowd will congregate? It likely is cheaper because of higher crime, but not as high as the worst areas, so still safe.
There are lot of strip workers in that area. It gets progressively lower income as you approach the strip. It's survivable but if I had a choice I would look further west. I wouldn't want to walk around there alone at night if I could avoid it.

Old 11-26-2018, 01:16 AM

17,877 posts, read 15,742,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
There are lot of strip workers in that area. It gets progressively lower income as you approach the strip. It's survivable but if I had a choice I would look further west. I wouldn't want to walk around there alone at night if I could avoid it.
Sorry what area are we talking about again?

Old 11-26-2018, 09:36 PM

I believe you mentioned Flamingo @ Decatur

Old 11-26-2018, 10:01 PM

17,877 posts, read 15,742,791 times
Quote:
I believe you mentioned Flamingo @ Decatur
ok, so the denizens usually have steady work.

Old 11-27-2018, 01:04 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,475,200 times
Quote:
Meh I doubt many will leave Oakland permanently just to follow the Raiders. I don't know anyone who would change their permanent residence for a sports team unless they were on it.

Trust me they are already here and the way things are going on with the cost of living in CA, even those who never wish to leave California will do so because of the outrageous cost of living. Even the ones living in the least desireable areas of CA can pack up sell their property and live here like royalty. Whether they are immediate, distant relatives or fans of Raiders, they are already here and more on the way.

Last edited by Clarkcty; 11-27-2018 at 01:14 AM..

Old 11-27-2018, 01:21 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,475,200 times
.....oh and let me add, the team has one of the biggest fan base in the NFL and they are from all over not just the state of CA.

Old 11-27-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
Trust me they are already here and the way things are going on with the cost of living in CA, even those who never wish to leave California will do so because of the outrageous cost of living. Even the ones living in the least desireable areas of CA can pack up sell their property and live here like royalty. Whether they are immediate, distant relatives or fans of Raiders, they are already here and more on the way.
From what I understand, most of the residents of Oakland probably don't own their property to begin with and don't have the money to leave, even if they wanted to. Will they come into town once in a while to see a football game? I bet some will. Will they all be doing it every game? I kinda doubt it.

I personally haven't noticed a large uptick in Bay Area transplants, but I have noticed a lot of ex-gangster types moving in from LA - probably as a result of CA purging their prison system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas