Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 12:00 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
I tried the cbd also for neuropathy. No effect.
That sucks. I use it for the same and other pain. It doesn't stop the pain like gabapentin (I have a bad reaction to it so I can't take it) it does what I call "translating". The feeling is still there, but it's more of a feeling of pressure rather than pain.

I only use it to get to sleep and when it's really, really bad during the day. Most days I just put up with it.

If you have access I use a type called Cannatonic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 04:38 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
I tried gabapentin with the same affect as you. I’m just putting up with the neuropathy also but I have other medical issues. I’m surprised I’m still here

Old 11-29-2018, 06:05 PM

628 posts, read 397,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
I tried gabapentin with the same affect as you. I’m just putting up with the neuropathy also but I have other medical issues. I’m surprised I’m still here
It might be worth trying an integrative medicine practitioner if you are open to alternative forms of treatment.

Old 11-30-2018, 01:42 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Tick Segerblom scolded the legislature in the last session saying Las Vegas is the last big city in the country to get an Art Museum. The legislature voted for seed money of $10 million to get the ball rolling, and our RINO Governor slashed that amount to $1 million. That all tells a story about Las Vegas and Nevada. So if you're hungering for some Art, you'll have to do what I did, fly down to L.A. for a couple days and soak it up down there. You can spend a whole day just at LACMA on Wilshire Boulevard.

And it also looks like Las Vegas will be the last big city to have a light rail system. Yes, Las Vegas is still stuck in the 1960's, to a large degree, which is why so many people move there. Nostalgia!

Last edited by tijlover; 11-30-2018 at 01:51 AM..

Old 11-30-2018, 06:45 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,490,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

And it also looks like Las Vegas will be the last big city to have a light rail system. Yes, Las Vegas is still stuck in the 1960's, to a large degree, which is why so many people move there. Nostalgia!
Clark County can't even extend the monorail to the airport and it is already at its doorstep. The location they are pushing on Maryland Parkway is not even the most sustainable.

If ever we have a light rail, it should be on a major road like Sahara or Flamingo. Centrally located, a VERY BUSY thoroughfare with lots of businesses and lots of residents that can take advantage of the light rail. You want people to take the light rail, those that can PAY not the ones who rely on welfare. You also want to have people that normally drive, to take the lightrail instead. The central location of Flamingo or Sahara is best suited for this. Sahara and Flamingo have multiple lanes that can accomodate lightrail and you can connect it to UNLV, McCarran and it can have a station on the Strip where majority of people work. I prefer Flamingo Rd because of the density of the area and the location.

On the other end you can connect it all the way to Red Rock Resort and nearby shopping, baseball stadium and the City National Arena. Local newspapers are pushing Maryland Parkway, not the best location if talking about sustainability.

Old 11-30-2018, 06:50 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,490,290 times
The added advantage of having it on either Sahara or Flamingo, you are opening the ridership to 40 million tourists. They will be able to visit areas that normally they would not bother because of the location.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:05 AM

228 posts, read 196,873 times
Default Love Love Love Vegas!

We have been here 13 months and came from San Antonio, Tx. Every day is discovering something new and a list of things we want to do, that we may never complete. After our first summer here (2018) I laughed and said is that all you got. The heat may be bad for some but I love it due to the low humidity. I wear shorts most of the year. I do not gamble, maybe a 5 in a slot machine or bingo, but I do not know the card or table games and do not care to learn. We have the Smith Center for performing arts and we are there at least once a month. They have 3 venues and the Jazz Cabaret is by far my favorite. The Mob Museum is one of my favorites, one visit is not nearly enough time and it is ever changing. The China lights were here in 2017 and were wonderful to see. It is not a question of having something to do, it's having the money to do it. I was going to set up a Go Fund Me page as my entertainment budget is not cutting it. We made a list of the shows that are coming to Vegas and then whittled it down to what we can afford and really want to see. Jane Monheit, Steve Tyrell, Fiddler on the roof, and Hello Dolly are a few that made our list. Lady Gaga was one but we can't afford the tickets. Michael Buble is still a toss-up. We are 54 & 56 and live in a 55 and older gated & guarded community. Like any big city OR small town, you have your crime. I get really mad when I hear people talk bad about Vegas and say it is dirty and yes after a wind storm you will see a lot of trash, but it is a beautiful place with an ever-changing landscape. I have lived all over, Mexico, Spain, Germany, Florida, Texas, Wash DC, San Diego, and for us this was one of the best moves of my life. I will leave Vegas feet first. Each person cup of tea is different. In an earlier post, someone said, the Cali & New York attitude won't fly here and that is true, leave that baggage behind. What you find here is that most everyone is from somewhere else. My heavy Texas accent is a giveaway. They say Texans are so friendly?? I find people in Vegas WAY more friendly. I am a 101% Texan, but for me leaving Texas was like getting out of prison. (never been in prison) I am retired but have heard they need teachers here. My spouse is an RN and nursing is another huge need here. Our cost of living is higher than in Texas. You would probably be cheaper. Our taxes are lower, but Elec, food, and gas are higher. It ='s out. My allergies are way better here. Being older I was scared of just up and moving to a new place, but after my first visit in 2012, I knew I LOVED Vegas. We came 2-3 times a year every year. We researched and this is a site I used, asking questions. Good luck to you!

Old 11-30-2018, 08:29 AM

472 posts, read 378,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinVegasHeights View Post
I don't partake, but I more or less agree with the above. I tried CBD oil for anxiety with minimal effect.

They really should tax the hell out of it. Cigarettes for example were 2 dollars a pack in 1998.

Marijuana burns twice as hot as has many more unidentified chemicals in it. Just trying to illustrate that the harmful effects are comparable to cigarettes.
I've read everything there is about pot, smoke for 45 years, and you don't know squat about harmful effects.

Taxing the hell out of it or cigs is discriminating against smokers. It's an individual's choice and they shouldn't be discriminated against. I don't smoke butts.

How about alcohol? Sugar? Gas cars? Condoms? Red meat? Gluten? Parachuting? Bacon?

Why when an individual doesn't like something they want the whole world to change to accommodate them? Live and let live means without interference from your neighbor. Nothing is more un-American as treading upon your fellow citizen.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:30 AM

414 posts, read 359,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy2017 View Post
I was going to set up a Go Fund Me page as my entertainment budget is not cutting it... We are 54 & 56 and live in a 55 and older gated & guarded community.
Hope you’re being facetious about the Go Fund Me site to cover your entertainment expenses. Especially if you can afford to live in a guarded community.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:30 AM

1,286 posts, read 1,481,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy2017 View Post
My spouse is an RN and nursing is another huge need here.
I work in healthcare here in LV and I don't necessarily agree. How do you figure and what are you basing that on?
Also can you learn to use paragraphs please? It would make your post a lot easier to read through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas