Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 09:40 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,129,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
Illegals work for less and drive down the wages. The low wages drag down the quality of life. What happens to the illegals who have jobs that get outsourced? Who’s paying for their welfare? Who’s paying their hospital bills? We do not want their problems. We want to know who our neighbors are. . We want it done legally. We want it done now. Please help stop the invasion. saveourstate.org

Let’s take care of our own poor.

STOP THE INVASION!
That was a great speech too bad you did not make it in 1989 when it might have been useful. Did you live in the US then? Why did you wait until it is unworkable than get militiant?

Remember those 11 milllion illegals have 4 million or so legal American children. Most of the load they place on the schools are legal Americans. So you want to send away 4 million American kids to get even with their parents? And then they turn 18 and come back in with whatever education they managed to pick up in Mexico?

Spare me. The task now is to absorb them. Sending them back went away 10 years ago.

And they contribute mightily to our economy. They work hard and move themselves upward in our society.

Sorry you don't care for them but they are here and are most unlikely to leave.

Now if we could only figure out how to stop the next five million. I do agree with your last sentiment. But I have still not heard any rational way to do it.

Old 12-15-2006, 10:37 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,021,247 times
Exceptionally stated, olecapt. I couldn't have said it any better.

And they have become "our own poor" because of those 4 million kids.

--'rocco

Old 12-18-2006, 07:02 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,735,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
Illegals work for less and drive down the wages. The low wages drag down the quality of life. What happens to the illegals who have jobs that get outsourced? Who’s paying for their welfare? Who’s paying their hospital bills? We do not want their problems. We want to know who our neighbors are. . We want it done legally. We want it done now. Please help stop the invasion. saveourstate.org

Let’s take care of our own poor.

STOP THE INVASION!
You are SO correct! Many people don't see it yet I've had friends lose their jobs to illegals who will work for a 10th of the pay with no bathroom breaks. It's sick. And the burden it has caused on the hospitals and schools is sickening. People cry that they need more funding for schools in the area. That's not true. They just need to stop spending it on illegals and put it on the people it's supposed to be spent on. And the cost of crime, extra police, paying for housing more in jails....on and on. It's the biggest threat this nation faces and people need to open their eyes to it.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:57 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,021,247 times
We all agree with the statement: "STOP THE INVASION!"

But, Redwings, you've got to admit, --as says our friend who you can no longer see his posts-- we've now got to address the issue of "absorbing" the 4 million children of these "illegals" who have now become "one of us" and therefore, the money spent on schools IS, and now becomes, "what it is supposed to be spent on." Their children are American citizens and are entitled to all that comes with it. They are "us" ...you, me, olecapt, and them are now all in the same boat.

Please comment.

--'rocco

Old 12-18-2006, 04:28 PM

I would also observe on the economic end that pickup day laborer in Las Vegas now goes for $12 to $15 an hour. The skilled guys in drywall and concrete and roofing do better.

Old 12-18-2006, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco22 View Post
We all agree with the statement: "STOP THE INVASION!"

But, Redwings, you've got to admit, --as says our friend who you can no longer see his posts-- we've now got to address the issue of "absorbing" the 4 million children of these "illegals" who have now become "one of us" and therefore, the money spent on schools IS, and now becomes, "what it is supposed to be spent on." Their children are American citizens and are entitled to all that comes with it. They are "us" ...you, me, olecapt, and them are now all in the same boat.

Please comment.

--'rocco

In your liberal mind they are "one of us"... not everyone agrees with that. Just because someone invades your country doesn't mean you surrender to them, throw your hands in the air and start welcoming them. No, I don't feel they are one of us. SOME of the children have been born here, making them American citizens (which is sad because their parents were illegal and jumped the border for that purpose). Not all their children are American citizens!!!! News flash!!!

MANY in the school district were NOT born here, they were brought here recently by their border jumping parents. They need to be rounded up and sent home. I don't want to "absorb" them into our country and systems, as many other Americans don't want to. Only liberals want that.....thank God I'm not a liberal. I (and millions more like me) want them OUT of our boat because they shouldn't be there in the first place.

And life without olcapt has been great. I'm enjoying these message boards now. If I had known you could put someone on an ignore list I would have done it long ago. For anyone who cares to know, if there is someone that is following you around harrassing you, trying to cause problems with you, just put them on your ignore list. Then you never see anything they post. It's great.

Old 12-18-2006, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
In your liberal mind they are "one of us"... not everyone agrees with that. Just because someone invades your country doesn't mean you surrender to them, throw your hands in the air and start welcoming them. No, I don't feel they are one of us. SOME of the children have been born here, making them American citizens (which is sad because their parents were illegal and jumped the border for that purpose). Not all their children are American citizens!!!! News flash!!!

MANY in the school district were NOT born here, they were brought here recently by their border jumping parents. They need to be rounded up and sent home. I don't want to "absorb" them into our country and systems, as many other Americans don't want to. Only liberals want that.....thank God I'm not a liberal. I (and millions more like me) want them OUT of our boat because they shouldn't be there in the first place.

And life without olcapt has been great. I'm enjoying these message boards now. If I had known you could put someone on an ignore list I would have done it long ago. For anyone who cares to know, if there is someone that is following you around harrassing you, trying to cause problems with you, just put them on your ignore list. Then you never see anything they post. It's great.
Ahh you see 'rocco...It is all you liberals who are causing the problem. After 6 years of a neocon admin the whole problem is the liberals. Helps her sleep nights.

And the fun about all this is as much as she will deny it...she never misses my posts. The purported ignore simply allows her to not respond. Which she is ill equipped to do.

The majority of the illegals children in the school system are legal...between 60 and 70% depending.

The decision to educate all children is in fact a very wise one. If they are here there is at least a substantial probability they will be here in their adulthood...and we do not need uneducated adults.

The Redwingfan and similar will go on spewing hate for those they do not approve of. They wish these intruders would go away or vanish. They won't. So the rest of us must deal with the outcome. It was ever thus.

Old 12-18-2006, 08:39 PM

923 posts, read 3,509,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montevista1 View Post
Is Illegal Immigration a problem in Vegas?
Is the Pope Catholic??

Old 12-20-2006, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaSalle View Post
Is the Pope Catholic??
You got it!!! It's a shame how some people are blind to the problems or try to justify them....

Old 12-25-2006, 05:07 PM

531 posts, read 2,071,734 times
Default hotels illegals

do the hotels employ illegals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: