Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 10:24 AM

2,928 posts, read 3,530,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
I see 29 when you take out the pending..and most are trashed. If these were any good, investors would snatch them up. Gotta love going out your back door and hitting a brick wall.
Houses are big enough in Las Vegas. People come here for the night life and entertainment, not to have backyard gardens that require lots of water. Besides, this is the desert. What good is a large back yard going to do you when the water authority starts charging the TRUE VALUE of water when the Colorado River reaches it's critical threshold?

If I was a developer, I would only be building apartment complexes, 3 floors high; within walking distance to supermarkets and parks. That is what city living requires now and Vegas is far behind in being a walkable city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 10:48 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,170,652 times
RE: Your car. I think you'll find it much cheaper to register/insure a car out here than back east. Only two counties require smog and none of this "inspection" BS.

Snowing in the Reno area as I type this...

Old 12-04-2018, 11:26 AM

207 posts, read 244,949 times
Thanks for all of the answers Nevada was far on our list of places to look into but seems like we would still be struggling if we moved out west that far.

Old 12-04-2018, 05:30 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,888,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
RE: Your car. I think you'll find it much cheaper to register/insure a car out here than back east. Only two counties require smog and none of this "inspection" BS.

Snowing in the Reno area as I type this...
Register a car cheaper? It’s based on msrp so no it’s not cheaper

Old 12-04-2018, 06:52 PM

We make about 40thousand combined income so I don’t see it working for us in Nevada unless we got really good paying jobs hubby has a degree in culinary I’m a skilled blue collar worker.

We really want to find that state that allows us to have affordability so we can enjoy our selves a little. I knew Nevada was our furthest place we were looking and the farthest from our families.

I now realize the lights of the Vegas strip is what draws me to Nevada but I know we have to be practical and think long term and a place that we can make roots and afford. Going to Vegas twice and staying only on the strip is a vacation and vacations last only a short time

Old 12-04-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
If you have been baking (WELL-skilled) and not your follow the recipe on the box baker then you are better off trying to get a job and work at the resorts. Start inquiring or even start sending resumes online and see where it takes you. It will definitely be better pay than minimum wage.

Goodluck with your decision and job hunt.

I don’t bake from boxes or used any canned frostings all of my recipes are from scratch butter eggs etc my specialities are cupcakes and cookies but I do other stuff like pies, brownies layers bars, cake pops chocolates, sugar free and keto deserts.

Thank. I now realized what draws me to Nevada and it’s the Vegas lights two vacations I went on to remember but vacations only last a short time. Nevada was the farthest location in our search and the farthest from our families. And making 40 grand here back east I don’t think it would work for Nevada.

We live in a quiet neighborhood right now and I’m afraid 40 grand a year in Vegas would get us in a seedy area

Old 12-04-2018, 07:09 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,081,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyechica View Post
I’m a skilled blue collar worker.

Can you be more specific?

Old 12-04-2018, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Can you be more specific?

I work retail in merchandising I do floor resets you have to read blueprints maybe skilled is a nicer word of saying I’m a retail worker. Not everyone can read a blue print aka planogram it’s very detailed work.

Old 12-05-2018, 07:39 AM

1,594 posts, read 1,670,309 times
You have to look at the whole picture financially. Do a budget analysis. Compare your expenses where you live now with what they would be living in Las Vegas. Remember, there is no state income tax and property taxes are not as bad in Las Vegas as they are in other parts of the country.

Old 12-05-2018, 11:25 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,235,550 times
In general Las Vegas is close to the US average on things economic. It is inexpensive only if you are coming from places like S. CA or NYC. Taxes are reasonably low. So a good deal for many but not all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas