Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 05:39 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,804,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Meh. It's silly prop comedy. Nothing wrong with that! Not everything has to be intellectually stimulating. Sometimes you just want to laugh at nonsense and enjoy yourself.

The Simpsons has been on TV for what? 30 some years? To compare it to that is not an insult, what The Simpsons is doing obviously works.
I never said I didn't enjoy it and I never compared it to the Simpsons.

If you're going to dissect a post, at least do it right.

You may benefit from an English composition course. It's fairly elementary so it should help you a great deal:

https://www.straighterline.com/onlin...composition-i/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2018, 10:08 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,857,850 times
I've seen him 2 or 3 times. I like his show.

Old 12-12-2018, 06:47 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,284,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
I never said I didn't enjoy it and I never compared it to the Simpsons.

If you're going to dissect a post, at least do it right.

You may benefit from an English composition course. It's fairly elementary so it should help you a great deal:

https://www.straighterline.com/onlin...composition-i/
You literally said "If you are fine with Homer Simpson type humor you will have a blast."

How is that not comparing Carrot Top to the Simpsons?

And stating that his show appeals to "dumb people" certainly implies you did not enjoy the show/you were not one of those that would...unless you are lumping yourself in with "the masses?" (aka "dumb people")

Maybe you should spend less time trying to insult others and more time dissecting your own posts.

Old 12-14-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
You literally said "If you are fine with Homer Simpson type humor you will have a blast."

How is that not comparing Carrot Top to the Simpsons?

And stating that his show appeals to "dumb people" certainly implies you did not enjoy the show/you were not one of those that would...unless you are lumping yourself in with "the masses?" (aka "dumb people")

Maybe you should spend less time trying to insult others and more time dissecting your own posts.
I see from your response you did not take on that course on English composition

My apologies, I feel like I have failed you once again

Old 12-16-2018, 07:17 PM

265 posts, read 204,583 times
Quote:
I remember him from way back in his early days when he was on Star Search, so his show at the Luxor is about what I expected. It was pretty funny, but not as raunchy IMO as everyone warned me about. It's in a very small theater so there's not a bad seat and they encourage you to bring in your drinks.

It's not something I would watch multiple times, though.
One of the parts of his act is he jokes about having to do math on Star Search to figure out whether he won or lost when they gave the totals at the end.

There isn't a bad seat and they sell drinks, popcorn and everything else. He has like 4 or 5 billboards within with a 4 to 5 mile of the strip. It truly is amazing how much billing he gets. One is across from the World's Largest Gift Shop.

Old 12-16-2018, 09:16 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,111,747 times
I don't understand why people go see him.
He just pulls stuff out of a box, goes "ha ha this is funny" and throws it to get another thing from the box.
It's funny for about 2 minutes and then it's just rehashing.

But the great thing about vegas is there's about a million people a week filtering through. You only need a fraction of a percent to come to your show to sell out every night.

As lame as Carrot Top is, he's miles better than Chris Angel. I have no idea how he made it as far as he has. he is absolutely terrible. Apparently his show is him talking about himself, showing a youtube video of himself, and then more talking til the next youtube video. Why would you pay to see that guy when you have real performers like Penn and Teller or Mac King here?

Old 12-17-2018, 06:42 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,284,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasfan1985 View Post
One of the parts of his act is he jokes about having to do math on Star Search to figure out whether he won or lost when they gave the totals at the end.

There isn't a bad seat and they sell drinks, popcorn and everything else. He has like 4 or 5 billboards within with a 4 to 5 mile of the strip. It truly is amazing how much billing he gets. One is across from the World's Largest Gift Shop.
Yes, it was fun to see the he talk about his Star Search days. I like that they encourage you to bring in outside drinks. A lot of shows won't allow that. He also does hands out shots of Crown Royal to the first couple of rows. If I was sitting just 2 seats more to the left I would have gotten one

Old 12-19-2018, 03:24 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,107,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
I see from your response you did not take on that course on English composition

My apologies, I feel like I have failed you once again
Actually O, she’s quite right. Perhaps it is you who should take another look at your English composition.

On topic, Carrot Top was quite funny in his early stand up years. I was able to see him at a live show before anyone knew him by name. Now, with those ridiculous muscles and plucked eyebrows, he’s just a bit too weird for me. When I see him at the grocery store, I stare, as if I were a little kid with no manners.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Actually O, she’s quite right. Perhaps it is you who should take another look at your English composition.
The women have spoken

Old 12-20-2018, 01:07 AM

743 posts, read 968,065 times
I saw carrot top just this past Monday for the 8th time...and he's back on the juice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas