Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 10:13 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,719,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
I put in 89134. Only sfr. 330 is the cheapest. 2 bedroom 1800sf that needs updating

I agree prices are high
Ours is estimated at $370-$380. Interior completely rebuilt. Outside just painted. New hot water heater, water softener, etc. Re-piped last year.

Next year yard and landscaping completely replaced. 1640 SF

But we're not going anywhere so meh.

Old 12-25-2018, 01:05 AM

3,433 posts, read 3,758,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuterion View Post
Well you have to have balance...prior to 2008 all we heard was the benefits of home ownership and it hit millions in the ass. We need both viewpoints and critical thinkers can then examine both and see where the truth lies.
You must have sold in 2009...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Shed View Post
The supply is building and no place for prices to go but down. Buyers be patient. It could be a few years but 40-50% off current prices are likely.
And you are a real estate investor? I'm just trying to figure out how credible you are...

Last edited by Vic Romano; 12-25-2018 at 01:16 AM..

Old 12-25-2018, 07:11 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,007,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
You must have sold in 2009...

And you are a real estate investor? I'm just trying to figure out how credible you are...
Not credible. Not from Vegas

Old 12-25-2018, 08:57 PM

929 posts, read 399,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
A lot of people are still bitter that they didn't buy real estate in 2010-2014.
Hahahaha this could very well be true, I bought a foreclosure in mid-2010, will sell sometime in Spring 2019 for a nice 6 figure profit. Moving to west Texas to hopefully purchase a big piece of land, no state income tax, low cost of living plus no property tax...life is good!

I enjoyed Vegas and it was and it's still a good place to be especially for people from CA and east coast.

The only downside that I've noticed so far for the past 4-5 months, traffic and congestion has been hell everywhere you go and I'm just talking around Centennial Hills/Providence Masterplan area. People have no patience and will run you over or hit you just so they can beat the next red light. I say, why is everyone always in a hurry? Slow down, relax and enjoy life, like I'm doing.

Back to topic, I have to agree that developers should slow down, prices will stabilize but if developers gets greedy then we are in for big trouble again. It's a simple supply and demand, don't produce more supplies if demand is slowing down, problem is sometimes..., they are so excited in making so much money they are shooting themselves in the foot. Hope some lessons were learned from 2008.

Last edited by MaryoVilla; 12-25-2018 at 09:09 PM..

Old 12-25-2018, 10:55 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,810,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
Hahahaha this could very well be true, I bought a foreclosure in mid-2010, will sell sometime in Spring 2019 for a nice 6 figure profit. Moving to west Texas to hopefully purchase a big piece of land, no state income tax, low cost of living plus no property tax...life is good!

I enjoyed Vegas and it was and it's still a good place to be especially for people from CA and east coast.

The only downside that I've noticed so far for the past 4-5 months, traffic and congestion has been hell everywhere you go and I'm just talking around Centennial Hills/Providence Masterplan area. People have no patience and will run you over or hit you just so they can beat the next red light. I say, why is everyone always in a hurry? Slow down, relax and enjoy life, like I'm doing.

Back to topic, I have to agree that developers should slow down, prices will stabilize but if developers gets greedy then we are in for big trouble again. It's a simple supply and demand, don't produce more supplies if demand is slowing down, problem is sometimes..., they are so excited in making so much money they are shooting themselves in the foot. Hope some lessons were learned from 2008.
I agree about the drivers being in a hurry. It's especially scary sometimes trying to cross the road at an intersection where you have right of way and the speed limit is 25. You would think drivers would slow down, instead they speed up. it's not everyone and some drivers do have manners and obey the law, but they are in the minority.

I don't think developers are going to slow down, it's a prisoner's dilemma kind of thing.

Old 12-26-2018, 02:05 AM

1,374 posts, read 2,436,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post

Let's be honest, you moved to Vegas from California because Vegas is cheaper. Now you are moving to west Texas because it is even CHEAPER than Vegas. Money is your main consideration.
I can recommend West Virginia for you after west Texas. (Or perhaps they are about the same??)

Last edited by Scott456; 12-26-2018 at 02:17 AM..

Old 12-26-2018, 03:37 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,128,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
I agree about the drivers being in a hurry. It's especially scary sometimes trying to cross the road at an intersection where you have right of way and the speed limit is 25. You would think drivers would slow down, instead they speed up. it's not everyone and some drivers do have manners and obey the law, but they are in the minority.

I don't think developers are going to slow down, it's a prisoner's dilemma kind of thing.
O, always remember the three second rule when a light turns green. Count 1-2-3 to let the red light runners who are gunning it pass by. Right of way does not come with a force field.

Old 12-26-2018, 05:36 AM

628 posts, read 398,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott456 View Post
Let's be honest, you moved to Vegas from California because Vegas is cheaper. Now you are moving to west Texas because it is even CHEAPER than Vegas. Money is your main consideration.
I can recommend West Virginia for you after west Texas. (Or perhaps they are about the same??)
Don't forget Jackson, Mississippi. It is about 30 percent cheaper than Vegas.

Old 12-26-2018, 07:17 AM

390 posts, read 756,233 times
West Texas has VERY high property taxes....keep that in mind when planning a move. A $250,000 house in Lubbock carries a 4,000 to 5,000 tax bill.

Old 12-26-2018, 07:52 AM

414 posts, read 359,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoliver View Post
West Texas has VERY high property taxes....keep that in mind when planning a move. A $250,000 house in Lubbock carries a 4,000 to 5,000 tax bill.
Texas is up there with NJ, IL and a few other northeast states in terms of property tax. Still no state income tax in TX, but LV is much lower in regards to property tax - I went from paying $10k in the northeast to $2500 here in Vegas for a much nicer home. If property values drop in LV, I’ll just remind myself that even though I bought at what might be the peak I am saving a substantial amount in taxes between property and state income tax. If prices really tank (I don’t think they’ll drop nearly as dramatically as last time) then I’ll pick up an investment condo in LV knowing prices will eventually come back and hang onto it for retirement.

I’m actually a liberal, but I didn’t agree with the way my state and local taxes were being spent in the northeast - the infrastructure was garbage (and good infrastructure was something I really needed) but cops were retiring at 50 with six figure pensions and that was draining the state. Granted the public schools were very good but I don’t have kids so I was paying a lot for a service I didn’t use although I am all for an educated society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinVegasHeights View Post
Don't forget Jackson, Mississippi. It is about 30 percent cheaper than Vegas.
Well, the public schools are on par with LV so no reduction in services from that respect
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas