Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 06:33 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times

Advertisements

You blew it yet again. North Las Vegas sucks? Really? Aliante sucks? Guess Sun city sucks too.....

Old 02-02-2019, 10:32 PM

929 posts, read 399,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
Despite your pleas to the contrary, I concluded that you are probably a bigot on some level. Your anger towards the DACA group is misdirected and irrational. They are not 'stealing opportunities' or 'fleeing society during your fictional WWIII but contributing to society in general. As with any large swath of people (Especially under the difficult economic circumstances they come from) there will be exceptions and people that need to be locked up. On the balance, they are a net positive. They are here to stay and base Trump supporters are going to eventually see the writing on 'the wall' so to speak.

You must be confused because I didn't make any statement regarding "The Wall" (Look for yourself at my posts). When there is an offer on the table including an amnesty for the DACA group at minimum, then I'd be in support of making an all-encompassing deal, including money for a wall/security in whatever form is necessary and reasonable. Both will have to happen.
I've concluded that you clearly favor illegal immigrants and DACA people over US citizens and LEGAL immigrants, I've concluded that you are also a bigot because you don't like and admit that my opinions are based on common sense and factual data. What's it in for you with these DACA people, are you one of them? What is our obligation to these people that we have to take care of them? Nothing! We don't owe them anything period.

Post link, study/polls that these people are beneficial to our country, I've been waiting for these info. As far as I'm concern, they could all be gone tomorrow and you will see very minimal effects. As a matter of fact, 800,000 of our own young US citizens will gladly take their place you can be sure of that. It’s a known fact that there are over 4 million unemployed Americans in the same age group as those that are DACA recipients

Quick real world example for you why they really do take opportunities away from US citizens,

12 applicants(9 US citizens, 3 DACA people) to a DPT program, Doctor of Physical Therapy, local school will only accept 10. 2-US citizens did not get accepted despite straight A's on courses, all DACA student got accepted, 1-DACA student did not have straight A's but got accepted anyways. 3 of DACA students are good friends with one of the US citizens that didn't get accepted.

True story...from a neighbor who is a veteran.

Last edited by MaryoVilla; 02-02-2019 at 10:56 PM..

Old 02-02-2019, 10:43 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,481,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Very funny. I’ve never once posted anything based on Vegas that you can’t prove by a simple Google search.
Oh boy. That is funny. As a matter of fact you've done so multiple times...but who's counting. Not to mention lost all credibility. But hey, it makes for a somewhat entertaining read.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariza160 View Post
Here, here.

If you don't know your "facts", you shouldn't post your opinion or wrong statements as facts.
I also subscribe to the above theory. I'm less likely to believe anything coming out of your
mouth if you can't even be bothered to get a basic fact correct.

This whole thread has been very enlightened for me.....as far as how irrational certain
posters on here are. I do appreciate that there are other Las Vegas residents who
seem to be intelligent and able to make rational and logical statements.
What's irrational is when people prioritizes illegal immigrants over US citizens and legal immigrants, that's a fact!

Old 02-02-2019, 11:20 PM

171 posts, read 218,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
I've concluded that you clearly favor illegal immigrants and DACA people over US citizens and LEGAL immigrants, I've concluded that you are also a bigot because you don't like and admit that my opinions are based on common sense and factual data. What's it in for you with these DACA people, are you one of them? What is our obligation to these people that we have to take care of them? Nothing! We don't owe them anything period.

Post link, study/polls that these people are beneficial to our country, I've been waiting for these info. As far as I'm concern, they could all be gone tomorrow and you will see very minimal effects. As a matter of fact, 800,000 of our own young US citizens will gladly take their place you can be sure of that. It’s a known fact that there are over 4 million unemployed Americans in the same age group as those that are DACA recipients

Quick real world example for you why they really do take opportunities away from US citizens,

12 applicants(9 US citizens, 3 DACA people) to a DPT program, Doctor of Physical Therapy, local school will only accept 10. 2-US citizens did not get accepted despite straight A's on courses, all DACA student got accepted, 1-DACA student did not have straight A's but got accepted anyways. 3 of DACA students are good friends with one of the US citizens that didn't get accepted.

True story...from a neighbor who is a veteran.
You need a lot more than just a "true story...from a neighbor" to make a point on issues as big as DACA. Stories, true or false, don't count. You need stats/data.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomKBL View Post
You need a lot more than just a "true story...from a neighbor" to make a point on issues as big as DACA. Stories, true or false, don't count. You need stats/data.
The other poster didn't provide any for any of his or her claims, why should I? You'll have to dig into the BLS data to get real numbers but do we really need to do that when we know for a fact they were brought here illegally by their parents?

You can believe it or not but there is no reason to make things up. This neighbor is one of the reason I feel so strongly about this issue, nothing replaces real world experience.

Old 02-03-2019, 06:08 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,806,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
The other poster didn't provide any for any of his or her claims, why should I? You'll have to dig into the BLS data to get real numbers but do we really need to do that when we know for a fact they were brought here illegally by their parents?

You can believe it or not but there is no reason to make things up. This neighbor is one of the reason I feel so strongly about this issue, nothing replaces real world experience.
Except it's 2nd hand information, not real world experience.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:26 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
Oh boy. That is funny. As a matter of fact you've done so multiple times...but who's counting. Not to mention lost all credibility. But hey, it makes for a somewhat entertaining read.
Definitely agree

Old 02-03-2019, 09:14 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,806,957 times
Former ICE director says wall doesn't make sense
https://www.thisisinsider.com/former...-threat-2019-1

Fiber Optic Cable is a better solution than a medieval wall
https://amp.businessinsider.com/fibe...er-wall-2019-2

Old 02-03-2019, 09:20 AM

2,413 posts, read 2,029,998 times
Why can't we ever hijack a thread for a long, off-topic political rant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas