Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 11:48 PM

929 posts, read 399,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
Hahahaha this could very well be true, I bought a foreclosure in mid-2010, will sell sometime in Spring 2019 for a nice 6 figure profit. Moving to west Texas to hopefully purchase a big piece of land, no state income tax, low cost of living plus no property tax...life is good!
So maybe some of you just missed it in my post #44, I will be completely exempt from property taxes plus no state income tax, like I said life is good!

Old 12-27-2018, 04:58 AM

55 posts, read 49,875 times
You are only exempt from property taxes in Texas if you are a veteran with 100% disability rating. This doesn’t get you out of paying 2k home insurance. (300 here in Vegas).

Btw the Texas weather, bugs, snakes, and scenery suck.

Old 12-27-2018, 06:02 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,807,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diversityrules7 View Post
You are only exempt from property taxes in Texas if you are a veteran with 100% disability rating. This doesn’t get you out of paying 2k home insurance. (300 here in Vegas).

Good BBQ though.

Old 12-27-2018, 10:05 AM

929 posts, read 399,500 times
Quote:

So you make assumptions again without knowing my background and thats okay but I don't do that. I'm just stating what I will do when I move and what will happen next. And where do you get $300 home insurance here, for a 600 sq foot house maybe? My home insurance is $800 annually with good coverage.

Texas weather and other things may suck, thats true but that is totally dependent on location. Let's just say the Texas weather and landscape where I'm moving to is very similar to las vegas, dry weather, hot during the summer, lots of sand, mountains and valleys. 45 minutes to a snow/ski resort, good hospitals and good schools, really extremely low cost of living. I can't really ask for more to grow a family and be closer to family. We will be building a small custom home that is semi self-sustainable, will have solar panels, small farm to grow veggies and some chickens. The biggest draw for me is that big piece of land, no neighbors or HOA to bother me. I can ride ATV's and horses, have my own shooting range, ziplines etc.

I guess the question is, what are your priorities in life? I've already figured it out and ohh yes good dang BBQ, I have the perfect recipe that I think can beat Franklins brisket lol.

Old 12-27-2018, 12:57 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Quote:

300 home insurance? BS. unless your are referring to rental coverage

Old 12-27-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Come on now! You're omitting AZ! Living in Tucson I meet up with a number of ex-Californians, even in my community. A great number also move to Phoenix and one of their favorite cities of all is Prescott!
I've only been to Phoenix and liked it a lot more than Vegas, but if their summer temperatures are hotter, then count me out

Old 12-27-2018, 05:06 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
I've only been to Phoenix and liked it a lot more than Vegas, but if their summer temperatures are hotter, then count me out
Are you kidding? I’m curious what your reasoning is here, a city that’s just one giant sprawl with a state that has an income tax (low, but exists) and a city where there’s no Strip, not a world class city, just another city with a decent diversified economy but boring as hell otherwise. Phoenix is just a Strip-less, boring version of Vegas with more miserable summers and absolutely nothing that’s better in any way than Vegas. Even having 4 sports teams means nothing because you’d be hard pressed to root for any of those losers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
That sounds like a very cheap property tax bill.
You’re joking too, right? Or do you just not know how property taxes work? Because TX has among the highest rates in the country, it’s actually around 2.8% so on a million dollar home it’s $28,000 per year in taxes!! And a million dollar home in 2018 isn’t special. The same place in Vegas has an effective rate of about 0.77% or $7,700. Texas property taxes are ludicrous, even if you can afford a nicer house you’d end up living in a shack because you can’t afford the property taxes on a nice house.

Old 12-28-2018, 04:53 PM

55 posts, read 49,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
300 home insurance? BS. unless your are referring to rental coverage
My homeowners insurance is 280$/yr on a single story 2200sqft home in anthem. I have solar and no electric bill.

I just moved from Texas last year where I was paying 2000 for home insurance and 8k prop tax on a 400k house. Yes snakes got into the house (twice). I lost my roof in a hailstorm 2 years ago. Yeah it sucks compared to here.

Old 12-28-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
My homeowners insurance is 280$/yr on a single story 2200sqft home in anthem. I have solar and no electric bill.

I just moved from Texas last year where I was paying 2000 for home insurance and 8k prop tax on a 400k house. Yes snakes got into the house (twice). I lost my roof in a hailstorm 2 years ago. Yeah it sucks compared to here.
Who's the insurance company?

$280 sounds mighty inexpensive

Old 12-28-2018, 05:56 PM

34 posts, read 37,932 times
Yea, I have a condo at The Martin and it is about $600.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas