Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 08:24 PM

109 posts, read 532,171 times

Advertisements

How do you go about either making some Creditor stop calling our house or suing them? My wife and I explained them that they have the incorrect information and we are not whom they are looking for. Just few minutes ago I answerd the phone again, told them that if they called me again I was going to sue them, the caller said he can and will make many many calls!!!! now it is my turn, but were do I begin?
The phone number is 636-200-0119 with id CCS and the second had same number but with unknown name.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 09:14 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
you need to send a cease and desist letter... for more info go to creditboards dot com

Old 04-08-2008, 09:16 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,848,281 times
That area code is in St. Louis, MO. Probably a remote call center. Here is an address I came up with after googling. Perhaps you could call the headquarters posing as the person they are trying to contact. If they respond then you will know it is them and can promptly send them a cease and desist letter with the threat of legal action against what basically amounts to harassment.

Credit Collection Services Group, Inc.
3 E Montgomery Crossroads
Savannah, GA 31406
PHONE: (800) 666-3957

Old 04-08-2008, 11:16 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
CoolRicks, I get wrong numbers all the time for creditors looking for people that don't live here. I report many of them here:
http://800notes.com/ (broken link)
And you can also read what others have to say about them. Also, add them to the complaint section of the do not call list. If they call alot, they can be fined big bucks if they keep harassing you.

The stupid people that work from those call centers never believe you are not who they are looking for, no matter what. So you have to try other tactics. If you have a phone that lets you block certain phone numbers, that is if they don't hide behind anonymity, then that is another way to get rid of them.
And you can also not answer the phone if it shows up as 'out of area' or 'unknown' or 'private.' Since they are notorious for hiding solicitors numbers and others.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:21 PM

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-636-200-0119 (broken link)

A lot of people have the same problem with that number. Interesting reading.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:48 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
Personally, I would invest in a 'police" type of whistle.....need I say more......I put them in the same category as telemarketers.....I offer them one chance and one chance only to say "Sorry to have bothered you" and hang up.....if they don't avail themselves of the chance....it's "KATIE BAR THE DOOR"

Old 04-09-2008, 12:22 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,582,203 times
Two other things I've heard of working are to say "just a minute" and then leave the phone off the hook. Also, a portable boat horn works wonders!

Seriously, I had this problem a while ago and ended up calling back on the 800 number they left on my answering machine. I called and politely asked for a supervisor, when he answered, I told him that I was not the person they had been calling and he took the information and I never had another call from them. They don't want to waste their time either.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:52 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
but a police whistle or air horn are sooo much more fun.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:38 PM

I like the idea of sitting the phone down and then going about my business. I have done that many times.
The cats go by the phone and meow into it, once in awhile the man of the house will burp into it. lol We pick it up once in awhile to see if they are still there. And each time, we do it again. It does help cutting down on some calls.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:59 PM

315 posts, read 1,624,870 times
I managed a collection agency back when I was in college. For the best results, calmly and politely ask for a supervisor and explain the situation.

Funny business like setting the phone down, whistles, or air horns actually work against you (although you may feel better and even think it is clever). I remember a couple of collectors that really liked people that just set the phone down and walked away. To the average collector, you just gave them a paid break while they wait. Many times, they would love to call you back for another extra paid break tomorrow.

In my experience, most phone reps don't pick and choose which numbers to call. If you do something you think the rep will hate, they will generally place your number back in the queue for one of two reasons:

1) They think you really don't like the calls and the best way to get back at you is to call again.

2) They think it will be funny when someone else calls you back and get the air horn treatment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas