Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 03:26 PM

220 posts, read 140,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWNLV View Post
Stay west of I-15 and North of Craig, and even better, north of Ann Road you will find many areas that are low in crime. Finding homes in that area without a HOA is more difficult. HOA dues do not have to be expensive. I live in Eldorado subdivision and our HOA dues are $10 per month.

There are a lot of North Las Vegas haters in the valley but do yourself a favor and take a drive around the area and then ask your Realtor to see some listings. It's a nice area, convenient to Las Vegas, improving retail and generally pretty quiet.
Thank you for your information. I'm adding this to my moving notes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
I have several rentals in 89108 and although a lot of people on this forum would turn their nose up at that zip code, I think it's safe there. It's a working class neighborhood, like most of Las Vegas. There are several properties there that meet your needs. Some have no garage or only 1 car garage. Several are built before 1978. Ask your realtor to show you homes in these zips - 89108, 89107, 89030.
That's just it. A lot of people want Paradise and Paradise only. My wife and I live within our means so that we don't have to work 2 jobs living in an expensive neighborhood and driving new cars. We both drive old but very well taken care of cars . We don't have car payments and the insurance is low on them. That's how we get to save $$$ . I'm going to add this to my notes as well. Thank you so much for your help. Going to search these areas online right now on my reality ors website.

Old 02-10-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
There is a development at the corner of Craig and Rainbow in the NW. All manufactured homes pretty much. Fee simple ownership and no HOAs. There are a few available now below $210K. Lack garages but cheap enough and large enough you could add one if you wish.

Pretty much crime free except for an occasional burglary.
I have no problem with manufactored houses. As long as they are in good condition. We have a garage now and don't park in it unless it snows so I don't mind not having one. I will add this to my note. Thank you so much.

Old 02-10-2019, 05:29 PM

927 posts, read 882,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey-Pete View Post
That's just it. A lot of people want Paradise and Paradise only. My wife and I live within our means so that we don't have to work 2 jobs living in an expensive neighborhood and driving new cars. We both drive old but very well taken care of cars . We don't have car payments and the insurance is low on them. That's how we get to save $$$ . I'm going to add this to my notes as well. Thank you so much for your help. Going to search these areas online right now on my reality ors website.
That's a bit of a stretch. Trying to avoid the hood doesn't mean that we are looking for paradise.

These are the public schools in 89108.

Old 02-10-2019, 06:17 PM

628 posts, read 397,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
That's a bit of a stretch. Trying to avoid the hood doesn't mean that we are looking for paradise.

I think he meant Paradise, Nevada.

Old 02-10-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post

We're not looking to move to the hood. We're not looking to move someplace we can't afford either. Thanks for the info on the schools in that zip. We don't have kids though.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:53 PM

661 posts, read 630,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
I have several rentals in 89108 and although a lot of people on this forum would turn their nose up at that zip code, I think it's safe there. It's a working class neighborhood, like most of Las Vegas. There are several properties there that meet your needs. Some have no garage or only 1 car garage. Several are built before 1978. Ask your realtor to show you homes in these zips - 89108, 89107, 89030.
That zip 89108 is not North Las Vegas.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWNLV View Post
Stay west of I-15 and North of Craig, and even better, north of Ann Road you will find many areas that are low in crime. Finding homes in that area without a HOA is more difficult. HOA dues do not have to be expensive. I live in Eldorado subdivision and our HOA dues are $10 per month.

There are a lot of North Las Vegas haters in the valley but do yourself a favor and take a drive around the area and then ask your Realtor to see some listings. It's a nice area, convenient to Las Vegas, improving retail and generally pretty quiet.
West of MLK and North of Cheyenne has many good neighborhoods.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey-Pete View Post
I have no problem with manufactored houses. As long as they are in good condition. We have a garage now and don't park in it unless it snows so I don't mind not having one. I will add this to my note. Thank you so much.
You will regret not having a garage in the middle of summer.

Old 02-10-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnftcret View Post
You will regret not having a garage in the middle of summer.
Car port is fine .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas